Miss Basketball

vandyfan67

Can a player win the Miss or Mister Basketball award multiple times? There are a number of freshmen girls nominated for this honor this year, so if any of them win this year, can they win again and again and again? What is the most times anyone has ever won this award? If someone is good enough as a freshman to be nominated, you would expect that they would be spectacular by the time they are seniors. Just curious...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826384239[/snapback]Yeah back to topic, i watched Delk last year and she is a force. I have also seen Ferris and she is very good. It's sad that she got snubbed in the mvp voting for her district for being a freshman. Im sure being a finalist for the best basketball player in the state is much better though. That makes District mvp look like a joke i guess. I havent seen the third finalist but seems like she has a very good chance of winning also.

Ferris didn't get "snubbed" for the mvp award because she's a freshmen. Her team placed 4th so she didn't deserve mvp. Furthermore, laken leonard is a freshmen and she got MVP in her district proving that ferris being a freshmen has nothing to do with getting mvp or not. MVP's historically come from the 1st or maybe 2nd place teams but not the 4th place team. Nothing against ferris, I'm just saying she wasn't overlooked for being a freshmen or "snubbed".

QUOTE(skyhigh @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826384369[/snapback]Ferris didn't get "snubbed" for the mvp award because she's a freshmen. Her team placed 4th so she didn't deserve mvp. Furthermore, laken leonard is a freshmen and she got MVP in her district proving that ferris being a freshmen has nothing to do with getting mvp or not. MVP's historically come from the 1st or maybe 2nd place teams but not the 4th place team. Nothing against ferris, I'm just saying she wasn't overlooked for being a freshmen or "snubbed".

How do you explain Stinson getting it from your school last year? They were in fourth place during the regular season. Smith County girls placed third for the regular season and thats what is looked at, not the tourney. She is the best player. If she wasnt, like i have already said, she wouldnt be a miss basketball finalist.

As I have said and will continue to say Tenn. has some of the best basketball on the girls side in the whole country.It's intriguing that we will have this Leonard or Ferris topic on the boards for three more years.

AAA-Lanning although I think Jenkins or Puleo or better players.Lanning has done more and overcome more obstacles to have a stellar senior year.

AA-Ferris stats are impressive but I don't think she would dominante the best post players in this classification. In AAU she is not nearly impressive playing against better players game in game out. DELK should win this.Kaci has more upside than any player in the state.

A- Leonard because she is a hard worker.I hope her being a freshmen doesn't sway some of the voters who may thinnk she has time to win it in later.

QUOTE(givbakr2 @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826384548[/snapback]As I have said and will continue to say Tenn. has some of the best basketball on the girls side in the whole country.It's intriguing that we will have this Leonard or Ferris topic on the boards for three more years.

AAA-Lanning although I think Jenkins or Puleo or better players.Lanning has done more and overcome more obstacles to have a stellar senior year.

AA-Ferris stats are impressive but I don't think she would dominante the best post players in this classification. In AAU she is not nearly impressive playing against better players game in game out. DELK should win this.Kaci has more upside than any player in the state.

A- Leonard because she is a hard worker.I hope her being a freshmen doesn't sway some of the voters who may thinnk she has time to win it in later.

I say A - Leonard and AA - Delk

QUOTE(trueline @ Feb 22 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826384488[/snapback]With two freshman being nominated, what does that say for the upperclassmen in A and AA.

I agree trueline.......I was thinking the same thing, and not to take away from these two young ladies, because it's an honor, but it really amazes me that these 2 freshmen are considered the best in basketball in A & AA across the state of TN. Did players from East TN and players within the city of Memphis get overlooked?? Just wondering

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Feb 22 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826384757[/snapback]Not really anything.........just means someone campaigned harder for the freshmen.

Does that mean that Mr. and Miss basketball is all about who does the most campaigning for their player? Is it really that political? That's perty pathetic if it is. It's a shame!!!

QUOTE(sam_jones @ Feb 22 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826384777[/snapback]Does that mean that Mr. and Miss basketball is all about who does the most campaigning for their player? Is it really that political? That's perty pathetic if it is. It's a shame!!!

I'm afraid the nomination process is very political.......anytime you have folks other than the coaches involved, politics enters into the decision. Overall, they do a pretty good job, but there are always one or two that have no business being nominated.

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Feb 22 2007 - 04:26 PM) 826384816[/snapback]I'm afraid the nomination process is very political.......anytime you have folks other than the coaches involved, politics enters into the decision. Overall, they do a pretty good job, but there are always one or two that have no business being nominated.

So,who are you saying should not have been nominated?