Miss Basketball

vandyfan67

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ballfan @ Mar 1 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826395695[/snapback]AAA- AML, there's nobody even close to her in TN!

Sorry, but I disagree, Dawn Evans is every bit as good and then some. She just hit Wilson Central up for 37 points. After Miko Williams went down in the second quarter, Dawn Evans scored 24 points in the third quarter alone and 5 consecutive 3"s. Lanning is a great player and I am a big fan but whin people makes statements like that, I think it's just from lack of awareness . Ask the Mt, Juliet and Wilson Central faithful how good she is. They just got an up close and personal look at her talents. 27 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, and 5 steals against Mt. Juliet and 37 points, 7 assists, 3 steals against Wilson Central; two of top ten teams in the state ----just one person's opinion----

QUOTE(66wildcat @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826381158[/snapback]She isn't even the best freshman I saw this year. Laken Leonard and Molly Heady are both head and shoulders better than her.

I am really not trying to pick a fight, but I wonder if you still agree with your above post about KAYCI FERRIS due to her statline against Livingston in the 2nd round Region elimination game: 35 POINTS, 16 REBOUNDS, 6 BLOCKS. I also have been told that KAYCI FERRIS led the region tournament in total points and total rebounds for the region tournamen, AND SHE ONLY PLAYED IN TWO OF THE POSSIBLE 3 GAMES SHE COULD HAVE PLAYED. She accumulated these stats against District 8AA #1 seed Station Camp and District 7AA #2 seed Livingston Acad. Also, she was consistantly double and triple teamed by both of these teams.

That is not to bad for a freshman in arguably the toughest district in the state.

KAYCI FERRIS is AA Miss Basketball.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(vandyfan67 @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826379252[/snapback]I've got:

Laken Leonard - A

Kayci Ferris - AA

Anne Marie Lanning - AAA

Glory Johnson - DII

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Class A. I don't know much about Leonard but Abby is NOT big on team play. She looks out for herself which in itself is not a bad thing but it takes five on the court to play a game. Leslie Daniel is a big reason why Abby is even in the running. Go Trojanettes...

QUOTE(givbakr2 @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826384548[/snapback]As I have said and will continue to say Tenn. has some of the best basketball on the girls side in the whole country.It's intriguing that we will have this Leonard or Ferris topic on the boards for three more years.

AAA-Lanning although I think Jenkins or Puleo or better players.Lanning has done more and overcome more obstacles to have a stellar senior year.

AA-Ferris stats are impressive but I don't think she would dominante the best post players in this classification. In AAU she is not nearly impressive playing against better players game in game out. DELK should win this.Kaci has more upside than any player in the state.

A- Leonard because she is a hard worker.I hope her being a freshmen doesn't sway some of the voters who may thinnk she has time to win it in later.

No disrespect inteded, but when you saw KAYCI FERRIS in AAU that was the Summer after her 7th Grade year at latest, because that is the last time she played AAU. Kayci has accumulated the states best stats in the one of the states toughest districts.

QUOTE(58Indians22 @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:23 AM) 826385783[/snapback]I really don't know much about the selection process, but I really do not like freshmen being able to be nominated just for this reason: they are played differently than upperclassmen are, especially in the beginning of the season. Let me explain. When Gwen Delk played her freahman year, she was a good player no doubt. But defences did not focus on her, especially in the beginning of the year because she was an unknown. Many times she was just played straight up with an occassional double team. Now shew can't even get on the court without three girls being around her. This leads to her point total being decreased somewhat, while her assists have risen dramatically because she can dish the ball off to the cutter. This type of defensive respect is not given toa freshman throughout the year which allows her to have great point totals, possibly without being a well-rounded player. I would like to see this honor reserved for juniors and seniors.

This is a great point 58INDIANS22. That is why if you saw KAYCI FERRIS play I believe you would agree she is worthy of this award. She scored 820 points just this year, and that is with double and triple teaming since the first tipoff of the first game she ever played in.

Gwen Delk may be deserving I am not disputing that, because I have not seen her play.

However, I have watched girls basketball for over 20 years, and after seeing nearly every game KAYCI FERRIS has played in I can honestly say she is deserving as well.