District 10A

bigtuck4242

QUOTE(MaroonManiac @ May 2 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826450052[/snapback]Here's how i think it will go:

First Round:

NCS beats East Lit in a close game with Teasley pitching

WH-Heritage beats CA in a blowout

East beat Houston Co. pretty easily

Jo Byrns zooms through this game

Second Round:

NCS beats WH-Heritage in a low low scoring game

East beats Jo Byrns with Clinard on the mound Monday

Winners Bracket:

NCS beats East somewhere like 7-6, 6-4

Losers Bracket:

WH-Heritage beats Jo Byrns to put them out with Hill on the mound

East beats Heritage in a blow-out

Championship:

East comes back and beats NCS both games to get revenge from last year

So u guys are gonna take a CHANCE and not pitch Will on Saturday??

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ May 2 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826450056[/snapback]So u guys are gonna take a CHANCE and not pitch Will on Saturday??

Yea bigtuck i don't know about that either cause if they were to lose Saturday without Clinard pitching it would make their coach look like a real idiot without the best pitcher in the district without pitching a single inning in the tournament.

In lose or go home game ... you have through your best pitcher available .... plus look if he pitches saturday he could come back and pitch again tues or weds .... but he throws monday then he is done for the tourny unless the coach wants to risk injury to the pitcher ... he might could pitch a inning or two of relief but thats about all ...... all East fans need to do is remember when they had Blake Owen and Justin Bush in the same rotation and couldnt get out of the district .....

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 2 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826450174[/snapback]In lose or go home game ... you have through your best pitcher available .... plus look if he pitches saturday he could come back and pitch again tues or weds .... but he throws monday then he is done for the tourny unless the coach wants to risk injury to the pitcher ... he might could pitch a inning or two of relief but thats about all ...... all East fans need to do is remember when they had Blake Owen and Justin Bush in the same rotation and couldnt get out of the district .....

you have to pitch clinard first game i mean i know that coffe is good and all but he just isnt on the same level as clinard, but not many are it would also be better on his arm coffe cant beat a secound round team. his coach just needs to have faith in him.

Ok think about this...why would we pitch Clinard when we can pitch coffee and do the same thing? I mean i know coffee is not clinard but he's a pretty respected pitcher in this district and we have as much confidence in him as we do in Clinard, Houston Co. had 2 hits off of Clinard and had 2 hits off Coffee to so why?? If we can hit the ball good that day then we'll be just fine, i mean every team in this district has a respected pitcher than can shut down anybody on any day East: WIll Clinard Heritage: Jared Hill Jo Byrns: Parker Holmen NCS: Wes McDowell East Lit: Justin Teasley but you didn't hear about a pitcher from Houston Co. just completely shutting down a team like these other pitchers i just named so there's my case, Coffee can do it and he will do it...we have confidence in him and we'll be ready to play regardless

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 2 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826450174[/snapback]In lose or go home game ... you have through your best pitcher available .... plus look if he pitches saturday he could come back and pitch again tues or weds .... but he throws monday then he is done for the tourny unless the coach wants to risk injury to the pitcher ... he might could pitch a inning or two of relief but thats about all ...... all East fans need to do is remember when they had Blake Owen and Justin Bush in the same rotation and couldnt get out of the district .....

and yeah we had those 2 great pitchers but what kind of offence did we have??? none at all, they only scored over 10 runs like 3 times that whole year

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ May 2 2007 - 10:23 PM) 826450519[/snapback]Ok think about this...why would we pitch Clinard when we can pitch coffee and do the same thing? I mean i know coffee is not clinard but he's a pretty respected pitcher in this district and we have as much confidence in him as we do in Clinard, Houston Co. had 2 hits off of Clinard and had 2 hits off Coffee to so why?? If we can hit the ball good that day then we'll be just fine, i mean every team in this district has a respected pitcher than can shut down anybody on any day East: WIll Clinard Heritage: Jared Hill Jo Byrns: Parker Holmen NCS: Wes McDowell East Lit: Justin Teasley but you didn't hear about a pitcher from Houston Co. just completely shutting down a team like these other pitchers i just named so there's my case, Coffee can do it and he will do it...we have confidence in him and we'll be ready to play regardless

Let me ask you who you rather throw in a elimination game ... winner goes to district title (and region) loser goes home ...

your ace or your #2 ......... And don't under-estimate Houston County either ..... their record may not be as good as yours but don't take them lightly playing on their home field ..... now their is my case for pitching your ace in game one (and by the way I have about 3 more state titles than your coach, so I know a little bit about how to coach in a tournament)

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 2 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826450561[/snapback]Let me ask you who you rather throw in a elimination game ... winner goes to district title (and region) loser goes home ...

your ace or your #2 ......... And don't under-estimate Houston County either ..... their record may not be as good as yours but don't take them lightly playing on their home field ..... now their is my case for pitching your ace in game one (and by the way I have about 3 more state titles than your coach, so I know a little bit about how to coach in a tournament)

Well pat you on the back for your state titles! Even though I do agree! Any team can beat any team on any day or we would be playing this tournament with all 8 teams. East had the luxury of rain last year. That may not happen this year! The earlier you pitch your #1 the quicker you get him back! Coffee is good enough to beat anyone in the district when he is on! So why risk it! But I guess that is why I am not the coach! Good luck to everyone!

QUOTE(dave61502 @ May 3 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826450809[/snapback]Well pat you on the back for your state titles! Even though I do agree! Any team can beat any team on any day or we would be playing this tournament with all 8 teams. East had the luxury of rain last year. That may not happen this year! The earlier you pitch your #1 the quicker you get him back! Coffee is good enough to beat anyone in the district when he is on! So why risk it! But I guess that is why I am not the coach! Good luck to everyone!

I dont have to pat myself on the back ... I just wake up and look at my 3 rings

Saturday's schedule---all games at Houston County High School

10:00 White House Heritage vs. Clarksville Academy

1:00 East Robertson vs. Houston County

4:00 Jo Byrns vs. McEwen

7:00 Nashville Christian vs. East Literature

On Monday

5:00 NCS/East Lit winner vs. Heritage/CA winner

7:30 East Robertson/Houston County winner vs. Jo Byrns/McEwen winner

Tuesday

5:00 Winner's bracket final

7:30 1st loser's bracket game

Wednesday

5:00 Loser's bracket final

Thursday

5:00 Championship Game

7:30 "If" game

Good luck to everyone.

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 3 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826450849[/snapback]I dont have to pat myself on the back ... I just wake up and look at my 3 rings

Someone is a little cocky. If your so good where are you coaching now and where did you coach then? Nobody needs anything flashed in their face especially a school where the principal told the coach that He only had 2 guidelines for the coach. 1) I expect you to please the parents 2) I expect those boys to have fun, I don't care if you don't win a game as long as they have fun. Those are some important rules coming from the administration!