District 10A

bigtuck4242

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 3 2007 - 12:04 AM) 826450561[/snapback]Let me ask you who you rather throw in a elimination game ... winner goes to district title (and region) loser goes home ...

your ace or your #2 ......... And don't under-estimate Houston County either ..... their record may not be as good as yours but don't take them lightly playing on their home field ..... now their is my case for pitching your ace in game one (and by the way I have about 3 more state titles than your coach, so I know a little bit about how to coach in a tournament)

You know a dog can whip a skunk any day of the week, but it ain't worth the stink so he normally just leaves the smelly critter alone.

If he makes a mistake and tries to whoop up on the stripped kitty he is the one who comes out smelling like the stinker....

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dave61502 @ May 3 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826450968[/snapback]Someone is a little cocky. If your so good where are you coaching now and where did you coach then? Nobody needs anything flashed in their face especially a school where the principal told the coach that He only had 2 guidelines for the coach. 1) I expect you to please the parents 2) I expect those boys to have fun, I don't care if you don't win a game as long as they have fun. Those are some important rules coming from the administration!

I played on two of those at goodpasture and coached there for one more .... and yes I am a little cocky but when you win as much as we did you have a right to be ...... That stinks that those rules came from the administration ... I know at GP that would have never happened .... our coach didnt care if the parents were happy, but we had fun because we won ..... I dont coach anymore ... I am looking to coach next year somewhere ... anywhere that wants to win ........

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 3 2007 - 09:03 PM) 826451200[/snapback]I played on two of those at goodpasture and coached there for one more .... and yes I am a little cocky but when you win as much as we did you have a right to be ...... That stinks that those rules came from the administration ... I know at GP that would have never happened .... our coach didnt care if the parents were happy, but we had fun because we won ..... I dont coach anymore ... I am looking to coach next year somewhere ... anywhere that wants to win ........

your right about you had fun when you won..i love baseball a whole lot..but its not fun to me when we lose..winning is fun, losing is far from it.

QUOTE(nator1203 @ May 3 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826451221[/snapback]your right about you had fun when you won..i love baseball a whole lot..but its not fun to me when we lose..winning is fun, losing is far from it.

we had fun because our coach let us have fun off the field, but we were all business between the lines and our goal was to dominant every opponent and leave no doubt to everyone who was the best ..... over a 6-year period we advanced to 4 state tournaments (when only 4 qualified) won 3 titles an one runner-up and twice lost in the sectionals.

We told teams what we were going to do, and then went out and backed it up .... we wanted to take our opponents heart every game and crush it and show them they were no match for us

We went and played .. then won .. and said ....NEXT ?

And yes we were cocky but we had a reason to be .... only lost 9 games to class A teams during that span 1994-1999

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 3 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826451362[/snapback]we had fun because our coach let us have fun off the field, but we were all business between the lines and our goal was to dominant every opponent and leave no doubt to everyone who was the best ..... over a 6-year period we advanced to 4 state tournaments (when only 4 qualified) won 3 titles an one runner-up and twice lost in the sectionals.

We told teams what we were going to do, and then went out and backed it up .... we wanted to take our opponents heart every game and crush it and show them they were no match for us

We went and played .. then won .. and said ....NEXT ?

And yes we were cocky but we had a reason to be .... only lost 9 games to class A teams during that span 1994-1999

that all well and good, but most players don't have that opportunity. And there is no reason to be cocky to the other players. I have more respect for a player that plays the game hard, dominates, and the only thing he says to the other team is good job! I coached against GP and they were an excellent team and had a good coach, but they were not the most respectable team when it came to sportsmanship! Most schools don't have the fortunate possibility of have students come to their school just to play baseball. GP has that fortunate possibility because of their success. Its a totally different league of talent when you play with what you got then when you are always playing with the best! Good luck to all District 10 teams!

QUOTE(dave61502 @ May 4 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826451552[/snapback]that all well and good, but most players don't have that opportunity. And there is no reason to be cocky to the other players. I have more respect for a player that plays the game hard, dominates, and the only thing he says to the other team is good job! I coached against GP and they were an excellent team and had a good coach, but they were not the most respectable team when it came to sportsmanship! Most schools don't have the fortunate possibility of have students come to their school just to play baseball. GP has that fortunate possibility because of their success. Its a totally different league of talent when you play with what you got then when you are always playing with the best! Good luck to all District 10 teams!

If you saying that we went out recruited our team , that is simply not true ..... of the 20 players on the 1997 team .... 19 of them were there before coach forehand was there, when our baseball program was not very good. And yes i agree with you about it being two different leagues, because when I went to college it was different ....back in those days there were 3 good teams GP, DA, and CA , and the other 5 fought for the #4 seed ....

and yes big chief, Jeff was not only my coach, but also one of my closest friends ..... there arent many coaches like him, but like you said he was an even better person.

but now onto tommorrow's games .....

10:00 am CA vs Heritage .... rematch of the series that was split this week

1:00 pm Houston County vs ER .... the Irish try to keep thier season going on their home field

4:00 pm McEwen vs Jo Byrns ...... McEwen looking to pull off upset after two close games with East Robertson to end the season

7:00 Eas Lit vs NCS ...... Teasley coming off a 17 strikeout performance against JB on tuesday .... can he carry EL to a win

The match-ups are set and I don't see any first round upsets this post-season. Typically 10a is noted for first round upsets but I just don't see east robertson, jo byrns, or ncs falling to the lower seeds. If any of those three match-ups were to produce an upset I see it with east lit because pitching wins championships and of mcewen,houston,and east lit...they have the best pitcher. Although I believe that ncs has to much depth and will overcome a potential scare. As for WHH and Clarksville, clarksville has made alot of progress within the last few years and I am cheering for clarksville but I dont see them beating WHH. Second round seeing that east robertson is going to save clinard for jo byrns, provided that they beat houston will beat jo byrns in a low scoring affair because i am going to assume holman will be saved for jo byrns but i see east winning. NCS will avenge the biggest surprise series of the season and handle WHH. Leaving jo byrns to beat WHH in the elimination game where I see them playing east in a re-match of last year's district championship advancing game. I see NCS beating east because they will not have clinard availble or on short rest after pitching against jo byrns. I predict east perservering again over jo byrns because clinard will be back to pitch against jo byrns again and then finally NCS taking the championship with east robertson and NCS representing 10a again. those are my predictions...what does everyone else think??

QUOTE(tsad06 @ May 4 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826451874[/snapback]The match-ups are set and I don't see any first round upsets this post-season. Typically 10a is noted for first round upsets but I just don't see east robertson, jo byrns, or ncs falling to the lower seeds. If any of those three match-ups were to produce an upset I see it with east lit because pitching wins championships and of mcewen,houston,and east lit...they have the best pitcher. Although I believe that ncs has to much depth and will overcome a potential scare. As for WHH and Clarksville, clarksville has made alot of progress within the last few years and I am cheering for clarksville but I dont see them beating WHH. Second round seeing that east robertson is going to save clinard for jo byrns, provided that they beat houston will beat jo byrns in a low scoring affair because i am going to assume holman will be saved for jo byrns but i see east winning. NCS will avenge the biggest surprise series of the season and handle WHH. Leaving jo byrns to beat WHH in the elimination game where I see them playing east in a re-match of last year's district championship advancing game. I see NCS beating east because they will not have clinard availble or on short rest after pitching against jo byrns. I predict east perservering again over jo byrns because clinard will be back to pitch against jo byrns again and then finally NCS taking the championship with east robertson and NCS representing 10a again. those are my predictions...what does everyone else think??

If u think Clinard is gonna pitch on two days rest you are crazy. He has a great future as a pitcher, and he isnt willing to risk it by pitching to many innings. And no were not saving Holman, because we remember last year when we only beat Mcewen 3-0 in the first round of district after killling them twice earlier that season. Holman will pitch as many innings as it takes to get the victory. But yes i do agree with alot of ur predictions, w/ some changes of course lol.