Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Greeneville plays with the intensity and discipline that they showed against Volunteer, I see them winning this game. Although Gash and Wiggins were clearly the stars of the Volunteer game, they got quality minutes from every person that stepped on the floor. I thought Chris Epley really gave GHS some quality minutes.

QUOTE(greenefan @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:08 AM) 826389702[/snapback]If Greeneville plays with the intensity and discipline that they showed against Volunteer, I see them winning this game. Although Gash and Wiggins were clearly the stars of the Volunteer game, they got quality minutes from every person that stepped on the floor. I thought Chris Epley really gave GHS some quality minutes.

Epley did a nice job off the bench but I thought Ottinger showed what he was made of considering he had the flu all week. Nice to see Antwaine show some fire. He showed he wasn't going to be pushed around on Saturday even though he drew a T for his trouble.( these Knoxville officials like to T-up...called 2 on Volunteer) I guess he made his point cause he pretty much had his way with the Falcon defense in the first half.(23 of his 30 points) Duncan used the bench effectively in the second half and Gash was just on fire. Woods and Anderson were as good defensively as I have seen them all season. If they play this well against DB it will be a fun one.

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826389743[/snapback]Epley did a nice job off the bench but I thought Ottinger showed what he was made of considering he had the flu all week. Nice to see Antwaine show some fire. He showed he wasn't going to be pushed around on Saturday even though he drew a T for his trouble.( these Knoxville officials like to T-up...called 2 on Volunteer) I guess he made his point cause he pretty much had his way with the Falcon defense in the first half.(23 of his 30 points) Duncan used the bench effectively in the second half and Gash was just on fire. Woods and Anderson were as good defensively as I have seen them all season. If they play this well against DB it will be a fun one.

And if they play like they did against Science Hill it could also be a fun one

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826389780[/snapback]I wouldn't count on it...

Here is my take on the game. Granted, I have only seen Greeneville play in the Arby's, so I do not have much to go on by saying this. I believe that if Wiggins gets under 30, DB wins. I say that because I do not see any other major scoring threats on that team. OK, Gash scored 26 the other night against Volunteer. DB's JV Point Guard could score on Volunteer. Their defense is lacking, to say the least, that is until they start putting people on the ground. With that said, I think the combination of Coty Sensabaugh and Justin Sylvester will be enough to at least take Wiggins out of his comfort zone and force him into some tough shots. He is a big time talent, but if he is going to get his points and carry them to a victory, he will know he has been in a game. I just think that if you somewhat contain him the best you can, this DB team can beat Greeneville because of all the other threats we have on the floor. We have the best backcourt in the area, by far, top to bottom. Then, when you look at our posts, we have a 6'6" sophomore who has been a force down low all season, as well as Logan Williamson who scored 26 the other night against Morristown East.

Basically, I believe DB has a great chance to win this game and I am glad they are going in as underdogs.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826389835[/snapback]DB has the better team, coaching is a toss up. If Wiggins is hot and DB is not, Greenville wins in a blow out. If DB is hitting and can hold Wiggins down they have a chance. Its a shame, this shouldn't even be a contest.

Oh Waco, if this is a coaching duel, I'm backing Billy D. He was hilarious Sat nite against Volunteer.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826389835[/snapback]DB has the better team, coaching is a toss up. If Wiggins is hot and DB is not, Greenville wins in a blow out. If DB is hitting and can hold Wiggins down they have a chance. Its a shame, this shouldn't even be a contest.

I have to agree with Waco on this one. No player in Tennessee is better than a good gameplan. If Morgan knows what he is doing, he will be able to come up with a gameplan to at least slow down Wiggins.

I don't think anybody at DB should be slamming the Greeneville program or coaching. Charlie Morgan is a quality coach but so is Bill Duncan and I think he has taken Greeneville to the State Tournament I know 4 times if not 5 in the last7-8 years. As for this year everybody keeps bringing up that SH loss which no doubt was a butt whipping and how DB beat them twice. Well lets look at the last week DB + SH by 3 over Volunteer and Greeneville by 20+ looks like by that math it could be a roll. Previous scores mean nothing it comes down to Wiggins (vs) Sensabaugh and Throp (vs) Gash.

QUOTE(Flat Top Charlie @ Feb 26 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826390015[/snapback]I don't think anybody at DB should be slamming the Greeneville program or coaching. Charlie Morgan is a quality coach but so is Bill Duncan and I think he has taken Greeneville to the State Tournament I know 4 times if not 5 in the last7-8 years. As for this year everybody keeps bringing up that SH loss which no doubt was a butt whipping and how DB beat them twice. Well lets look at the last week DB + SH by 3 over Volunteer and Greeneville by 20+ looks like by that math it could be a roll. Previous scores mean nothing it comes down to Wiggins (vs) Sensabaugh and Throp (vs) Gash.

Great point Charlie...I think the hot hand wins.