Sycamore vs. Liberty

BenStiller23

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WarEagleThug @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826393032[/snapback]Sycamore had a good season this year but next year without Lohin i'm gonna feel sorry 4 them. But good luck Liberty Tech.

Sycamore will be better next year than they were this season I believe because Nicholson, Dempsey, Staggs, Huston, & especially Mitchell will all one more year of experience which is another way of saying they'll all be MORE MATURE ON THE FLOOR!!!! The same thing can be said for Coach Pete Froedden who'll have one year under his belt and should enjoy more success in year number two now that he's used to the young men and they know what he expects of them and vice versa. If guys like DJ Anderson & Chase Kilgore are able to step up and play good solid roles coming off the bench then with that starting five I named previously in this post I'd have to favor Sycamore to win District 11AA next season.

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826393907[/snapback]Returning 7 juniors, but losing District mvp and our other post Chase Baker.

That's why I picked Sycamore as well is because of their post players returning. Guard play is a key no doubt about it but in this district it really doesn't show up for teams until the region tourney arrives. Post players win games in this district, unless you can play a style like Cheatham Co. developed this past year by virtue of not having a true post presence, and for proof of that you can look at teams like Harpeth (Baker & Newton), Sycamore (Mitchell, Kinman, & Dempsey), Creek Wood (Primm), & Stewart Co. (West & Lancaster). Remember that Sycamore still won games early this past season when Lohin was on the shelf with his injury. He wasn't a "savior" to their season this past year (although I do disagree with those who wouldn't call him a great high school student athlete).

Unless you are trying to press and turn teams over to get easy buckets for your offense like CCCHS did this past season the guards main roles in this district are for the most part to be caretakers of the basketball and to be able to knock down open shots when they present themselves. Sycamore & Harpeth both had guys who could do this in 2006-2007 and at times Creek Wood's guys (who for the most part return next season) were able to do the same thing. THIS IS WHAT ULTIMATELY LED TO THE DOWNFALL OF STEWART COUNTY!!!!! They didn't have guards who could knock down shots on a consistent basis when West & Lancaster made plays inside.

POST PLAYERS WIN GAMES IN DISTRICT 11AA & THAT'S WHY MY MONEY IS ON SYCAMORE TO WIN THE DISTRICT NEXT SEASON!!!!!

Yeah. I kinda agree BC. Sycamore's been waiting 4 years for Big John to produce when it counts. Mitchell will be back too and Kilgore will get some PT, but Sycamore is not as deep as Harpeth and they don't have as much coming up in the freshman and sophomore classes. I think Creekwood's 5 senior starters will make some noise next year too.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826395288[/snapback]Papatiger, I cant wait to see you in the Baseball forums. I can only imagine the comments you will make.

Any pick outside of Harpeth would constitute in me having to call someone a "retard", "moron", or "idiot" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 1 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826395490[/snapback]Any pick outside of Harpeth would constitute in me having to call someone a "retard", "moron", or "idiot" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Harpeth is always very strong. Sycamore took a big hit losing Bullard and Knight (I think)

Fairview is always decent because of Coach Putam. Waverly lost some really good players but should be decent.

Montgomery Central is always decent. To be continued on the baseball forums..........