SCIENCE HILL VS. GREENVILLE

CoachC47

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CoachC47 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826392384[/snapback]That is funny....no one still gives SHHS the credit they deserve....well boys....SHHS will make the State Tourney while Greenville watches from their house...and you can take that to the bank.

Funny, I think both can clear region 2 in the substate...and Coach buddy, we are not all boys.

QUOTE(CoachC47 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826392384[/snapback]That is funny....no one still gives SHHS the credit they deserve....well boys....SHHS will make the State Tourney while Greenville watches from their house...and you can take that to the bank.

Now THAT is funny /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well Greeneville boys are in the house. Can SH put GHS girls in the house?

Two weeks ago I would not have given SH much of a chance. However, the Cocke Co. and Boone games have shown

that Greeneville is very beatable. Honestly I now rate this game a tossup. The loser has a tough road to the Boro through

either Powell or Oak Ridge, while the winner has a better than 50/50 chance to advance at home.

People let me tell you it is tournament time. It has been tournament time for the past two weeks. When you get to the tournament any team can win. It is totally a different season than the regular. So regardless of how well you have played or how much you have dominated in regular season doesn't mean you will coast through the tournaments. Science Hill did not try to press the Greeneville team when they played at the Hill. Everyone wants to mention the Cocke County and Daniel Boone games. You must realize how hard it is for a team, regardless of how good they are, to beat the same team three times in one season. Especially if that team you are playing for the third time is playing good. Greeneville had to do that with Cocke County and Daniel Boone. Every team has some form of weakness and eventually will be pointed out throughout the season. Greeneville's weakness has been the guard play, but their guards have stepped up and made the big plays. I can see Science Hill starting out in a zone trying to make Greeneville's guards make shots. After Greeneville hit's a few shots then Science Hill will have to losen up their zone and defend the guards of Greeneville. I think that Greeneville will play their usual man 2 man defense. They will have to do an excellent job of rebounding in this game to gain the victory. Both teams have a shot at winning at the sub-state level. Will it be hard? Of course, but both teams have played some good competition and will be in their respective game. For those who are hating on Nicole give her a break. She is by far on of the best sophmores in the state. She has hit the big shots time after time. If you don't believe that just call the Farragut coach and ask him. Deans needs to step up and play big on the offensive end tonight. Good luck to both teams. This will be a fun game to watch.

After the 3rd Cocke County game, Crumbey talked about her team not being focused on that game. From what I have heard about the Boone game, I think Greeneville might have lost some focus there also. I look for Greeneville to come out very focused tonight, and win by double digits.

This is for the opportunity to host substate, and get the runnerup from Region 1. Having to play region 1's winner on their court (especially if that trip is to Oak Ridge) would be a tough row to hoe.

Go Lady Greene Devils!!! GO IMAC!!

QUOTE(raiderray @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826392834[/snapback]After the 3rd Cocke County game, Crumbey talked about her team not being focused on that game. From what I have heard about the Boone game, I think Greeneville might have lost some focus there also. I look for Greeneville to come out very focused tonight, and win by double digits.

Gosh yes, Ray. It was loss of focus.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the other team being talented and playing a good game.

QUOTE(bucdaddio @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:17 PM) 826393722[/snapback]Gosh yes, Ray. It was loss of focus.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the other team being talented and playing a good game.

Buc, you might want to dial back the sensitivity meter a little. Reading my post, I can see where you might infer that I was slighting your girls. It wasn't intended that way. I was referring to the theme of playing someone for the third time, and maybe taking them a little lightly.

Bottom line, Boone played them 3 times, played them well, but lost three times.

Greeneville beat Johnson City and the Lady Toppers travel to Oak Ridge Saturday night for a 7:00pm game at the Oak Ridge High School. Oak Ridge defeated Powell 51-37 and split the season and the honors. They are 2-2 against each other and POWELL won the District, but OAK RIDGE won the Region.

This game will have special meaning for Oak Ridge and it's fans as this is the last basketball game ever in the current gym which has stood for ages. Nicknamed "the pit" it is schedule for demolition after this game as a brand new facility is nearing completion and will become the "Wildcat Arena." It will be a great venue for basketball.

Welcome to the Lady Toppers to Oak Ridge and congrats on a fine season.

Thought that tonight's game was very interesting. Scince Hill played hard all night long, but I feel that their aggressiveness got the best of them late. Greeneville, on the other hand, looked very out of sync throughout the game, but made some timely baskets. None better than the last second shot by Collins to give them the 2-point victory. Best of wishes to both teams in the sectional games Saturday.

The biggest question that I have is why does the runner-up place 4 members on the all-tournament team, while the champions only get 3? Oh yeah, I forgot we were playing in a Big 9 atmosphere.

QUOTE(gogreene @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826394055[/snapback]Thought that tonight's game was very interesting. Scince Hill played hard all night long, but I feel that their aggressiveness got the best of them late. Greeneville, on the other hand, looked very out of sync throughout the game, but made some timely baskets. None better than the last second shot by Collins to give them the 2-point victory. Best of wishes to both teams in the sectional games Saturday.

The biggest question that I have is why does the runner-up place 4 members on the all-tournament team, while the champions only get 3? Oh yeah, I forgot we were playing in a Big 9 atmosphere.

Its based on total tournament performance hence the "all TOURNAMENT team"....both teams looked as poor as i have seen them look all season, hopefully all the rust is gone and the bad games are out of the way for them. Good luck to them both!