IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not snake bit statman -- the mark of a Champion. West overcomes -- again and again. Too many weapons as I have said all along. West will continue to find success with their young talent as long as DZ keeps providing the pitching (okay -- that was a shot -- just kidding). Regardless of this year final result, the Chiefs are for real and certainly look to be an early favorite for next season.

DZ is as pitiful as I am with my Lady Canes -- holding on to hopes of a tournament run -- I guess we all do that. Good luck with your little ducks -- unless they get caught out in the hurricane.

mwt -- same old story -- West doesn't have an "A" game and it is still good enough to get it done. Future looks good for them too, but they have the tools to make a deep run this year.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Apr 19 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826441583[/snapback]Actually the books say Tori only gave up 4 hits. Dyer pitched first four innings gave up 2 runs. Gilbert pitched last two innings and gave up 3 unearned runs.

I don't know who is wanting to pad Gilbert's stats, she is good enough without it. Hill clocked one off of the center field fence off of Dyer, then she later ripped one off of Gilbert that one-hopped the right fielder and was still too hot to handle, scoring the runners that were on 2nd and 3rd. How is that unearned? While we're on the subject. How did Hill from JCHS not make all tournament team in Tiny Day tournament She pitched 3 complete games and was brought in trailing North Greene 4-2and proceeded to get the win 8-4. She was the winning pitcher in 4 games with no losses, while the pitchers that faced her and lost all games against her made all tournamnet, one being MVP of her pool, and another having 2 losses. How did they come up with that?

QUOTE(JC#1fan @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826444983[/snapback]I don't know who is wanting to pad Gilbert's stats, she is good enough without it. Hill clocked one off of the center field fence off of Dyer, then she later ripped one off of Gilbert that one-hopped the right fielder and was still too hot to handle, scoring the runners that were on 2nd and 3rd. How is that unearned? While we're on the subject. How did Hill from JCHS not make all tournament team in Tiny Day tournament She pitched 3 complete games and was brought in trailing North Greene 4-2and proceeded to get the win 8-4. She was the winning pitcher in 4 games with no losses, while the pitchers that faced her and lost all games against her made all tournamnet, one being MVP of her pool, and another having 2 losses. How did they come up with that?

welcome to high school sports.

QUOTE(JC#1fan @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826444983[/snapback]I don't know who is wanting to pad Gilbert's stats, she is good enough without it. Hill clocked one off of the center field fence off of Dyer, then she later ripped one off of Gilbert that one-hopped the right fielder and was still too hot to handle, scoring the runners that were on 2nd and 3rd. How is that unearned? While we're on the subject. How did Hill from JCHS not make all tournament team in Tiny Day tournament She pitched 3 complete games and was brought in trailing North Greene 4-2and proceeded to get the win 8-4. She was the winning pitcher in 4 games with no losses, while the pitchers that faced her and lost all games against her made all tournamnet, one being MVP of her pool, and another having 2 losses. How did they come up with that?

Not positive .....because I did not attend this game....but hearing from a player...I believe the error that they would have been referring to would have probably been on the third baseman. Some people call it an error some call it a hit...just a matter of who is keeping the books...but I do know the third baseman did say her glove never touched the ball in the attempt to play the ball....but who knows....and at this time and point there is nothing that can change it..so who cares.

Yes... welcome to high school sports where books are kept by parents (MY SELF INCLUDED)...and most college coaches are not interested in high school stats for that reason.

One thing we should all remember...that in every play a decision has to be made...if that play is close...no matter what someone comes out on the losing end.

This is a valuable lesson that I have had to learn to live with.

In defense of the Gilbert pitching....I don't think anyone is trying to pad her stats...because she definitely does not need that. She is a great pitcher...and most of the runs scored on her are unearned. That does not mean she is unhittable...just hurts when someone gets a hit followed by errors or errors then they get a hit....which seems to happen to her alot. But if she keeps improving... the way she is pitching...she just might be unhittable by her senior year!!!!!

QUOTE(JC#1fan @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826444983[/snapback]I don't know who is wanting to pad Gilbert's stats, she is good enough without it. Hill clocked one off of the center field fence off of Dyer, then she later ripped one off of Gilbert that one-hopped the right fielder and was still too hot to handle, scoring the runners that were on 2nd and 3rd. How is that unearned? While we're on the subject. How did Hill from JCHS not make all tournament team in Tiny Day tournament She pitched 3 complete games and was brought in trailing North Greene 4-2and proceeded to get the win 8-4. She was the winning pitcher in 4 games with no losses, while the pitchers that faced her and lost all games against her made all tournamnet, one being MVP of her pool, and another having 2 losses. How did they come up with that?

Not padding anyone's stats, but do have a critical eye on fielding opportunities. The fact is, she should have been out of both innings that Morristown West did their damage in. Once at West and once at Cherokee. Not taking anything away from the West batters who took advantage of those situations and got the big doubles when they needed them. You just can't give a great team like Morristown West 4 and 5 outs in an inning and expect to come out on top. They will and have made the chiefs pay for those mistakes.

And by the way, Gilbert was her own worst enemy last night putting the leadoff runner on base with an errant throw to first in the top of the 6th.

Not sure about the Jeff game....Statman wasn't there and Mrs. Statman has even more of a critical eye toward fielding opportunities.

Im not a player, coach or parent, so I have no influence over the Pokester. Oh and Lancelot, im not pitiful, i just have to offer the occasional good luck /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Since it appears Jeff Countys run of eight straight is going to come to an end.

And as far as all-tournament, I would have to say that the coaches have a lot of influence over that, at least thats the way it is in some other sports. Two of Jefferson County's all-tournament players were seniors, smith who got MVP is a freshman. I don't think Tori has to worry about any all-tournament awards. If she keeps her head on straight, hers will come.

I dont think anyone has any influence over pokey. She's a hard worker on the field and off. She's been playing the game for a long time and is getting the rewards of all her hard work, she's Queen of the Diamond (9-0) in the BIG IMAC right now. Good for her!! Glad she came to West we love her and going to miss her next year, but got lots of talented pitchers right behind her ready and able. Congrates to West again!! Keep it up!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(JC#1fan @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826444983[/snapback]I don't know who is wanting to pad Gilbert's stats, she is good enough without it. Hill clocked one off of the center field fence off of Dyer, then she later ripped one off of Gilbert that one-hopped the right fielder and was still too hot to handle, scoring the runners that were on 2nd and 3rd. How is that unearned? While we're on the subject. How did Hill from JCHS not make all tournament team in Tiny Day tournament She pitched 3 complete games and was brought in trailing North Greene 4-2and proceeded to get the win 8-4. She was the winning pitcher in 4 games with no losses, while the pitchers that faced her and lost all games against her made all tournamnet, one being MVP of her pool, and another having 2 losses. How did they come up with that?

It would depend on how the runners that were on 2nd & 3rd got there and how many outs there were. If either of those runners reached base by error and then later scored, that run would be unearned. Also, if at any point (prior to the hit you are referring to) an error was made on a play that would have ended the inning, any run scored after that point would be considered unearned. Example: leadoff batter reaches by error, moves to 2nd on a sac bunt (1 out). Runner then scores on a double by the next batter. This is an unearned run because that runner reached by error. Now, the number 4 batter strikes out (2 outs). The number 5 hitter is batting and hits an easy pop-up foul that is dropped by the 3rd baseman who is charged with an error. Next pitch, the number 5 batter hits one over the left field fence for a 2 run homer. You've now scored 3 runs & 2 of them off a home run, but they are all unearned. The last 2 are unearned because the 3rd basemen dropped a ball that would have ended the inning. If the offensive team now proceeds to hit 20 homeruns with 2 outs, every run is unearned.

Wikipedia's earned run explanation