IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ladypatsSB14 @ May 10 2007 - 06:44 AM) 826456169[/snapback]

Best wishes to the Lady Chiefs. They deserve to win a state title, but with all of the Knoxville teams, competion will be hard. All of Jefferson Co. is pulling for Cherokee! Go get 'um Ladies!

This is true. Do the War Dance "BIG" time ladies. "GO CHEROKEE"

QUOTE(mwtfan @ May 10 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826456618[/snapback]Amen to that

Double AMEN to that. However guys -- here is some food for thought.

I got pulled over for doing 70 in a 55. I asked him if he had clocked any pitchers with his radar gun and he said, by chance he had, --- he clocked a girl at Central a week ago doing 70. I got him right where I want him.

QUOTE(Lance @ May 10 2007 - 04:59 PM) 826456642[/snapback]Double AMEN to that. However guys -- here is some food for thought.

I got pulled over for doing 70 in a 55. I asked him if he had clocked any pitchers with his radar gun and he said, by chance he had, --- he clocked a girl at Central a week ago doing 70. I got him right where I want him.

I would say she was doing about 60-61

QUOTE(Lance @ May 10 2007 - 04:59 PM) 826456642[/snapback]Double AMEN to that. However guys -- here is some food for thought.

Be sure to ask if he clocked you from 40 feet or from 43!!!

Wow, what a tournament. I don't believe I can recall a tournament with so many extra inning games, one and two run games, and definitely don't recall so many games determined in the last at bat.

Great effort by both teams tonight.

Congratulations Lady Chiefs. Now get ready to take this a step further.

Win Monday...Host Wedenesday

Win Wednesday...Host Friday

Win Friday...Murfreesboro

QUOTE(IamKing @ May 10 2007 - 10:33 AM) 826456462[/snapback]Who says that pitcher wont be #1. Good luck to coach Satterfield in all her future endevors

Apples and Oranges my friend, very talented pitcher coming in, but she will have to prove she can pitch to someone older than 14. Can't throw fastballs all night to them 19 year olds and expect to just blow it by 'em. Dominating athletes younger than you is easy, can she do it with girls 4 and 5 years older than her is the next question. Freshman pitcher for JCHS this year has thrown in 19 under travel ball since fall 2005 and been successful ( if I am correct she was only 13 then).Has next years Freshman pitcher has never thrown a pitch to anyone older than herself? Can she handle that big bomb landing over the fence? Can she get respect of team mates to back her? These are all questions that have to be answered. And the answer may be yes to all of them. With this being said the comment was not meant to imply anything, any athlete that steps on the field with passion and hard work can achieve anything (exspecially if we as adults incourage them to compete not complain). It is easy to just run away when you don't get what you want and then try to stir up anything you can. If we as adults keep our noses out of it and let the athletes compete, you can even still end up with team unity. If not you can end up with a field full of talent and still no team (i.e. a field full of brats yelling "Mommy why won't they let me play"). Who has won then? Certaintly not the athletes! Anyone stepping on the mound next year could be the number one, even someone we never heard of. Anyway, I heard this years pitcher was moving (ha! ha!). Coach Satterfield, I too wish you the best of luck and success. Lady Pats if you read this, don't listen to all this psycho-babble, what you need is team unity and that is not about any one athlete, but a group of girls working together to achieve a goal. While you have heard the old cliche' "there is no I in team" a million times, there is nothing that is more true. Parents, learn how to encourage your kids and build their self-esteem without thinking they are or have to be "better" than everyone else. That way they turn out to be decent people when they eventually end up on their own. Isn't that the goal anyway? With all this being said who says that pitcher won't be # 1. No one, we will have to wait a whole year and find a new coach to find out. Good try at stirring the fire, but our little duckies will always be able to find enough water to put it out. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats and good luck Cherokee and West. Show 'em what the IMAC is all about.