IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mwtfan @ May 9 2007 - 07:25 AM) 826455235[/snapback]Congrats to Cherokee on their big win last night. They're in the driver's seat now.

Hate missing all the fun. Working in sunny Georgia this week.

Little stub of the toe -- West will go as Pokey goes tonight. Maybe a little tired, but she is used to it and has been down this road before.

QUOTE(Lance @ May 9 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826455352[/snapback]Hate missing all the fun. Working in sunny Georgia this week.

Little stub of the toe -- West will go as Pokey goes tonight. Maybe a little tired, but she is used to it and has been down this road before.

Who can work with district tournament going on? West must get bats going. 3 hits isn't going to beat very many teams. Looks like we're going to have Morristown City Championship game down in Jeff County. Winner moves on, loser goes home. Gotta love the drama.

QUOTE(Lance @ May 9 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826455352[/snapback]Hate missing all the fun. Working in sunny Georgia this week.

Lance, I couldn't figure out what happened to prognostications this week until I turned my crystal ball over, it said "made in China-not for use in tournament play". I think your tea leaves may be from China too. As for "laugher of the year call" you would have dropped your peaches (for raiderray, he is in Georgia), if you saw some of the calls the last two nights. JCHS/East would still be playing if it wasn"t for bogus call at plate in the 6th inning. Umpire stayed behind the plate with ball being thrown in from outfield, absolutely no way he was in position to see the tag, base runner from East was out by two feet (wasn't even close)I recieved 4 calls from people sitting in the outfield, who said they could tell from out there. (ha ! ha!) , with this being said his opinion is the only one that counts, but you hate to see any team eliminated on such a contraversial call (had right fielder caught previous ball hit right into her glove inning would have been over anyhow (with Jeff ahead 6-5) and pitcher (Hill) seems to have a knack for waiting to throw a wild pitch when there is a runner on third (gave up two runs this way against East) threw a gem of a game other than that (so did India from East), but unfortunately for her in the end runs are what count. Offense woes plagued Jeff until middle of game when they had their usual one good inning. As for Pokey being tired, I have seen her throw 4 and 5 games a day in travel ball and still have her stuff, no excuses here, bases loaded and walking in the winning run may happen once for her , but don"t count on it again. Tonights game will be interesting, can't predict outcome I smashed my crystal ball, I am trying to find a new one before next year manufactured in the good ol' U.S.A.( where we do know it all). Good luck to all teams left in the tourney, everybody knows you have to earn your way through the IMAC.

Accolades to Jeff County.

Early predictions were that a young team would go through a down year. While that was certainly true by JC standards, this team had some big wins during the year and showed lots of heart coming from behind to tie late in the last two tournament games. I think they served notice that they will not be down long.

Great season ladies. I expect you will be right back in the middle of the chase again next year.

QUOTE(statman3 @ May 9 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826455425[/snapback]Accolades to Jeff County.

Early predictions were that a young team would go through a down year. While that was certainly true by JC standards, this team had some big wins during the year and showed lots of heart coming from behind to tie late in the last two tournament games. I think they served notice that they will not be down long.

Great season ladies. I expect you will be right back in the middle of the chase again next year.

Point well taken. To start 4 freshman in the line up they were competitive with everyone in the IMAC. Should be a contender in a couple of years. Will be interesting to follow.....

QUOTE(statman3 @ May 9 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826455425[/snapback]Accolades to Jeff County.

I agree. The Lady Pats have nothing to be ashamed about. The JC softball team has had a great past and the future is looking great as well. Everyone has a down year but this year was definately not disappointing. These girls will be back on top next year.

GO LADY PATRIOTS!!!

QUOTE(JCTWP @ May 9 2007 - 06:01 PM) 826455720[/snapback]I agree. The Lady Pats have nothing to be ashamed about. The JC softball team has had a great past and the future is looking great as well. Everyone has a down year but this year was definately not disappointing. These girls will be back on top next year.

GO LADY PATRIOTS!!!

Don't bank on it Lady Pats -- Lance knows everything (lol).

I heard it was a good game tonight. Congrats to Lady Trojans and Chiefs. Fly that IMAC flag.

QUOTE(Lance @ May 9 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826455723[/snapback]Don't bank on it Lady Pats -- Lance knows everything (lol).

I heard it was a good game tonight. Congrats to Lady Trojans and Chiefs. Fly that IMAC flag.

2 huge hits from the ouststanding group of seniors. 1 by Dixon with 2 outs & (I believe) 2 strikes to score the tying run in the bottom of the 7th, and then a walk-off dinger by Jackson in the 8th. Both teams had a couple of miscues, and it was a very hard-fought game as the pressure of an elimination game was very evident. I wish all the East seniors good luck - I have enjoyed watching you play ball & will continue to keep an eye on some of you at the next level.

Anyone know anything about tonight's winner's bracket finals game between Science Hill & DB?

QUOTE(mwtfan @ May 9 2007 - 07:20 PM) 826455793[/snapback]2 huge hits from the ouststanding group of seniors. 1 by Dixon with 2 outs & (I believe) 2 strikes to score the tying run in the bottom of the 7th, and then a walk-off dinger by Jackson in the 8th. Both teams had a couple of miscues, and it was a very hard-fought game as the pressure of an elimination game was very evident. I wish all the East seniors good luck - I have enjoyed watching you play ball & will continue to keep an eye on some of you at the next level.

Anyone know anything about tonight's winner's bracket finals game between Science Hill & DB?

Science Hill won...either 3 to 1 or 4 to 1

So now as far as the region 1 tournament:

The following teams are in:

Cherokee

Morristown West

Science Hill

and either

Dobyns Bennett or

Volunteer

Can't say there are any real surprises in the make-up of the regionals so far, but WHO WILL GET TO HOST? We shall see in the next couple of days.....or

Lance could just go ahead and feel us in and save us all the trouble.

Also, from Region 2

Powell is in

Maryville is in

Heritage is in

don't know about the other one yet.

Knox central will battle with either Clinton or Halls for one spot tomorrow

QUOTE(Lance @ May 9 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826455723[/snapback]Don't bank on it Lady Pats -- Lance knows everything (lol).

While to predict who will be on top next year is almost impossible (exspecially with broken chinese crystal ball). JCfan knows something Lance may not. Next years incoming freshman class at JCHS will be just as talented as this years. Catcher, centerfield, and # 2 pitcher all come in next year. While 2008 season will show improvement from JCHS, after that look out IMAC. With an already smokin' fast outfield there will be two freshman that are just as fast (one that will probably be the fastest on the team). Talent is great, but experiance is everything. JCHS young talent put the pressure on much more experianced teams this year. If this team develops as expected should be hard to handle. 2008? Who knows? 2009-2010 big blue will be back in the house. (not ON the HORSE raiderray) sorry I just can't seem to let this go! Congrats to West. Regrets for East. Two great teams sorry that one had to lose. Tommorrow night will be another barn burner as everything has since the first round in the IMAC.