Cleveland

Greeneville

Brentwood

Wilson Central

Millington

Oak Ridge

Riverdale

Dangerous Teams:

It is of my opinion that the teams that are most dangerous are the ones that have knock out power. What I mean by that is the teams that have a player or two that can dominate for stretches of a game and prove to be overwhelming enough to allow that team to come out on top. Basically: that team doesn’t have to prove to be better then their opponent for a series – just better for one game / one night. Those knock out power players can do enough damage to lead to a victory for any one game.

DuKnowDaGame? Knockout Power Top 5 Teams & Players

(In no particular order)

Riverdale Anne Lanning

Memphis East Amy McNear

Bartlett Jasmine James / Ashley Herring

Clarksville NE Dawn Evans. / Kamiko Williams

Wilson Central Jasmine Hassell / Tierney Jenkins

Note: This doesn't mean I think that all these teams will win but they do have the ability and dominant players to blast another team in any one game series.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Bartlett is playing their best basketball of the year in the Post-Season, I see their season ending for the 2nd consecutive year to Northside. Bartlett isn't a very good shooting team from the field or the FT line and this will cost them in a close game (Which it did in 2 close losses to Millington in the regular season.). Bartlett scores alot of baskets on layups and drives to the basket. I don't see them getting too may of those vs Northside (who has a considerable Size Advantage in the Front Line.) Northside has the "Swagger" that Millington has lost. They will come to Bartlett with that swagger and physically take it to Bartlett.

Bartlett doesn't react very well when they are challenged physically. Millington was physical in both of the regular season matchups vs Bartlett and in doing so took Bartlett completely out their game. Conversely in the Post-Season Matchup's, Millington lost this swagger and physicality and and Bartlett was able to do just about anything that they wanted to against the Lady Trojans. They thoroughly dominated a team that had been them twice. They will represent 14-AAA well, but will fall to Northside.

What are you thoughts on the other AAA Substate Game??.....

If this game were played 1 month ago, I would feel much more confident as a Millington Fan. A month a go, We had "It", whatever "It" is. Now, "It" just isn't there. Even in the wins in the district semis vs Cragmont and Regional Semis vs Brighton, We just didn't play a complete game. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be prouder of a Team or a COACH. Coach Gatlin and His Lady Trojans had accomplished a TON this year and the FUTURE is BRIGHT in Millington. If the nucleus of this team can stay together, trips to the State Tournament in 08,09, and 010 and more than just a possibility.

To get there is 07. The Lady Trojans are going to have to find a way to Control the Tempo of the Game vs East. If Millington is able to make it a half court game and limit it's turnovers, I think that we have a Legitimate shot at winning.

It is ironic, that in our only other State Tournament appearance in Modern Times, We had to beat East at East to get there. Getting to the State this Year would be an added bonus for this Young Lady Trojan Team who will be playing without 2 starters (Asia Minter- Indefinitely Suspended, and Olivia Maddox- Out for Year with Foot Injury.)

I hope that I am wrong.... But, I think that it is going to be a 15AAA Sweep of the Substate on Saturday.

QUOTE(Rob_M @ Mar 2 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826397830[/snapback]Although Bartlett is playing their best basketball of the year in the Post-Season, I see their season ending for the 2nd consecutive year to Northside. Bartlett isn't a very good shooting team from the field or the FT line and this will cost them in a close game (Which it did in 2 close losses to Millington in the regular season.). Bartlett scores alot of baskets on layups and drives to the basket. I don't see them getting too may of those vs Northside (who has a considerable Size Advantage in the Front Line.) Northside has the "Swagger" that Millington has lost. They will come to Bartlett with that swagger and physically take it to Bartlett.

Bartlett doesn't react very well when they are challenged physically. Millington was physical in both of the regular season matchups vs Bartlett and in doing so took Bartlett completely out their game. Conversely in the Post-Season Matchup's, Millington lost this swagger and physicality and and Bartlett was able to do just about anything that they wanted to against the Lady Trojans. They thoroughly dominated a team that had been them twice. They will represent 14-AAA well, but will fall to Northside.

What are you thoughts on the other AAA Substate Game??.....

If this game were played 1 month ago, I would feel much more confident as a Millington Fan. A month a go, We had "It", whatever "It" is. Now, "It" just isn't there. Even in the wins in the district semis vs Cragmont and Regional Semis vs Brighton, We just didn't play a complete game. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be prouder of a Team or a COACH. Coach Gatlin and His Lady Trojans had accomplished a TON this year and the FUTURE is BRIGHT in Millington. If the nucleus of this team can stay together, trips to the State Tournament in 08,09, and 010 and more than just a possibility.

To get there is 07. The Lady Trojans are going to have to find a way to Control the Tempo of the Game vs East. If Millington is able to make it a half court game and limit it's turnovers, I think that we have a Legitimate shot at winning.

It is ironic, that in our only other State Tournament appearance in Modern Times, We had to beat East at East to get there. Getting to the State this Year would be an added bonus for this Young Lady Trojan Team who will be playing without 2 starters (Asia Minter- Indefinitely Suspended, and Olivia Maddox- Out for Year with Foot Injury.)

I hope that I am wrong.... But, I think that it is going to be a 15AAA Sweep of the Substate on Saturday.

Once again, I'll bear the 14-AAA torch.

See you in Murfreesboro

QUOTE(Rob_M @ Mar 2 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826397830[/snapback]Although Bartlett is playing their best basketball of the year in the Post-Season, I see their season ending for the 2nd consecutive year to Northside.

Rob M:

Stop sucking on sour grapes. Fact is if Bartlett hadn't lost Nikki the first game the results would have been different and the second game Nikki had just returned (about 50%), not to mention Millington on their homecourt shot 32 freethrows and Bartlett 11 and Bartlett was attacking the basket all night. However when healthy and on a neutral court Bartlett beat Millington by 49 points and on an off shooting night in Regional Finals beat you by 26 points.

Bartlett does not shoot a large number of layups in every game. However Bartlett's last two games against Millington: Millington turned the ball over 36 times in the District and 31 times the Regional finals. Guess what Rob M - 67 turnovers in two games is going to mean a WHOLE LOT of layups for any team. Maybe your post should be more about your team not turning the ball over. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

You may predict a loss and be waving the white flag for Millington but Bartlett is not going quitely.

Oh by the way: Since you are analyzing teams. Millington in the District game against Bartlett shot 1 out of 4 from the field in the first quarter and in the second quarter 2 out of 4 (first half 3 out of 8). It doesn't matter if Millington had hit 100% of it's shots that half they would have still been down 20+ points. My point is this: Millington in my opinion over the last 12 to 15 games of the season has been playing not to lose as opposed to going to win. They are continuously in retreat mode. The sad truth is they are capable of winning tonight but not by playing "retreat retreat retreat" basketball. I can assure you of this..... and I don't know what the results will be but Bartlett is going to come out and "attack attack attack."

Rob M - let me know if you need a ticket

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Mar 3 2007 - 06:25 AM) 826397981[/snapback]Rob M:

Stop sucking on sour grapes. Fact is if Bartlett hadn't lost Nikki the first game the results would have been different and the second game Nikki had just returned (about 50%), not to mention Millington on their homecourt shot 32 freethrows and Bartlett 11 and Bartlett was attacking the basket all night. However when healthy and on a neutral court Bartlett beat Millington by 49 points and on an off shooting night in Regional Finals beat you by 26 points.

Bartlett does not shoot a large number of layups in every game. However Bartlett's last two games against Millington: Millington turned the ball over 36 times in the District and 31 times the Regional finals. Guess what Rob M - 67 turnovers in two games is going to mean a WHOLE LOT of layups for any team. Maybe your post should be more about your team not turning the ball over. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

You may predict a loss and be waving the white flag for Millington but Bartlett is not going quitely.

Oh by the way: Since you are analyzing teams. Millington in the District game against Bartlett shot 1 out of 4 from the field in the first quarter and in the second quarter 2 out of 4 (first half 3 out of 8). It doesn't matter if Millington had hit 100% of it's shots that half they would have still been down 20+ points. My point is this: Millington in my opinion over the last 12 to 15 games of the season has been playing not to lose as opposed to going to win. They are continuously in retreat mode. The sad truth is they are capable of winning tonight but not by playing "retreat retreat retreat" basketball. I can assure you of this..... and I don't know what the results will be but Bartlett is going to come out and "attack attack attack."

Rob M - let me know if you need a ticket

I guess we have been playing not to lose in the last 12 to 15 games since we've won 12 of the last 15 by various margins. As little as 2 and as much as 44. So I guess you have a point. Or do you? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Why no analysis of the two games we won? You seem to be implying that the fouls weren't committed when we shot 31 free throws in our second meeting. That would be like me saying that we weren't really turning the ball over in our last two meetings. HMMMMMMMM. Also, if you are implying that we were trying not to shoot the ball then I'm afraid that you are wrong in your inference. Your inference could be based on logical reasoning and accurate observations and still be 100% wrong, Ask your local weather person about that. All in all, good luck tonight. I pray that you all represent 14AAA well and have no injuries. I don't know about anyone else's prediction but we haven't conceded defeat to anyone. The game must be played. It's an honor to be one of the last 16 teams playing in the state right now and one game away from the state tournament. A lot of good basketball left to be played! Good luck to my lady trojans!

Although Bartlett is playing their best basketball of the year in the Post-Season, I see their season ending for the 2nd consecutive year to Northside. Bartlett isn't a very good shooting team from the field or the FT line and this will cost them in a close game (Which it did in 2 close losses to Millington in the regular season.). Bartlett scores alot of baskets on layups and drives to the basket. I don't see them getting too may of those vs Northside (who has a considerable Size Advantage in the Front Line.) Northside has the "Swagger" that Millington has lost. They will come to Bartlett with that swagger and physically take it to Bartlett.

Bartlett doesn't react very well when they are challenged physically. Millington was physical in both of the regular season matchups vs Bartlett and in doing so took Bartlett completely out their game.

Rob M,

If you are so critical of the Lady Panthers performances, what does that say about your Lady Trojans who beat us by a combined total of 11 points, but were defeated by a combined total of 75 points. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You apparently have Bartlett confused with some other team. They play physical with the best of them and are not intimidated by physical play. As a matter of fact they thrive on it. You mentioned that our not being able to shoot from the field or the free throw line cost us both games against Millington, but apparently you were not in attendance of those games. We only lost by 2 at home after Nikki left with a concussion and lost the 2nd game at Millington after going to the free throw line only 11 times and connected on 9 of 11 while Millington shot 32 free throws. Millington's style of play, in case you haven't noticed, when they play good teams is slowing the ball down like they did against Cordova, Central, & Bartlett. They only want to play uptempo when they play those teams that they feel they have a speed advantage against. Don't get me wrong, Millington is a talented team, but since you wanted to come on here and berate Bartlett who beat the Trojans when it counted, I thought I would shed a little light on Millington since you are looking through a one way mirror. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Don't be a hater, but a congragulater. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Be the bigger person, and stop complaining and give Bartlett some credit, because when it is all said and done, they were crowned 14AAA District and 7AAA Region champs by way of the Trojans.

Going into tonight's game, Bartlett has nothing to lose but everything to gain. The young ladies are relaxed and ready to play as I am sure Millington is as well. Instead of pulling against us you should be rooting for the team from your district to perform well because that gives 14AAA a little more respect from some of those that say we are a weak conference.

"Can't we all just get along?" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Go Lady Panthers and good luck to the other teams participating tonight.

Why no analysis of the two games we won? You seem to be implying that the fouls weren't committed when we shot 31 free throws in our second meeting. That would be like me saying that we weren't really turning the ball over in our last two meetings.

Coach Gat,

No analysis was made of the first 2 games because we accepted the losses and went on. Our fans did not come on this message board and degrade your players performances after their victories. That would be what one of your fans chose to do. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> We know that the fouls were committed, although alot of them were questionable, but our players were not afforded the same courtesy on alot of the plays. Anyway, it is all irrevelant at this point and is in the past. Like I have said before, I have close relationships with players on your team and cheer for them to do well and will continue to pull for them. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />