Sequatchie Co. @ Upperman

bo4vols

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BallPark3434 @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:32 PM) 826396992[/snapback]Sequatchie has been underestimated all year and i think i like it. when telico was suppose to win they didnt and when MC was to beat us by double digits we could have won that game.Upperman is suppose to win by double digits so we will just see how that works out.Sequatchie will come out ready to play and will be fired becuase these girls are ready to make some history. For the first time in the girls BB program they have a chance to go to state.Upperman will be suprised. IM not saying we will win but its not gonna be a double digit win for either team.

...Sequatchie proved one thing to me...that they have parity with the top teams in 5AA...historically teams from 6AA did not match-up well with 5AA...when the Lady Indians went undefeated in the District and won against those teams most(if not all) of the games were by a double-digit score...if you check my prediction in the other thread I said the game against Tellico would be a 'defining' moment for the Lady Bears because they have not faired well in Regional semi-finals...I commend SC for winning, however the double-digit wins stopped at the 3AA Region...the Sectional is an entirely different level of basketball and it is a tough game to win both at home and especially on the road...a lot is on-the-line even more so than a Regional Final...I know the SC fans are excited and they have every reason to be...I feel this is truly a much larger but not impossible task to accomplish!!!

This the very first year that Upperman hosts a substate in their own gym. The old gym (Cornerstone MS) was too small. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They have hosted 7A district and some 4A Region play ever since the new school opened. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Mar 2 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826397870[/snapback]Ok could someone tell me how to get to the gym from Cookeville on I-40?

From Cookeville...take I-40 west to the Baxter/Gainesboro exit(about 6 miles or so). Take a right (north) toward Gainesboro. Go about 3 or 4 miles to highway 70(it's a 4-way stop). Take a left (west) on highway 70. The school is less than a mile on the left.

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:50 AM) 826397964[/snapback]Upperman should win...but, I am pulling for the Lady Indians.

Don't ride the fence!, If your pulling for the Lady Indians, Then say "GO LADY INDIANS" and don't think anybody elce should win. We are so proud of these girls.

Play your game Lady Indians!!!!!!!!!! and bring home the win........

I've seen both teams play and I'm confident that Sequatchie can compete and can win. Upperman deserves the recognition they're getting. They've been good for a long time and they're very good this year.

My prediction......Sequatchie by 3 in the upset heard round the state.

Wish I could go, but I'm counting on the Lady Indians to get me a press pass for Murphy Center next week so I can take pictures on the floor I haven't been on since 1998. I don't go to MTSU unless I have a good reason. Taking pictures of the Lady Indians hunt for a big gold ball would be a good reason.

DL.

QUOTE(DaCoach @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:37 AM) 826397960[/snapback]I have watched every home basketball game that UHS has played since 1998. My wife is the Head Softball Coach and my son was the starting right tackle on the football team. For the last 10 years, I have been the Head Middle School football coach at Cornerstone, so to say that we are big Upperman fans would be a big understatement. But lets look at this from a logical point of view:

1. Coaching: Dana McWilliams has won nearly 350 games in her 12 years as head mentor of the Lady Bees. After an outstanding career as a player for UHS then she went on to play for Motlow Jr. College before transfering to Tennessee Tech( and we all know how excellent they are). Her main assistants are all-OVC player of the year Emily Christian(who is also a UHS grad) and played pro ball in Greece. Emily's accomplishments both in college and High School are too numberus to mention. She also has Amber Rose who started 4 years at Costal Carolina and also has too many high school and college honors to mention. Add to that mix is Amanda Austin, another all-state performer who chose to for go college in order to start a family and become anoutstanding member of the community. Coaching Staff gets A t pluses all the way.

2. Team leaders: Seniors Megan Simmons, Jessie Bourch-Jensen, Britney Tisdal, and Chelsea Taylor have all shown that tey are willing to do what it takes to help the TEAM WIN. If some of the unerclassmen are hot, they will gladly feed the the ball. If it means to be on the bench while the "starters" are being announced, they will do that. When comes down to a close game these seniors will take the lead and show these younger players how to get the win and also show them how to do it with class.

3. Youth on the team: How many teams do you know that is this good and starts a freshman, 2 sophomores, a junior and only one senior. Also there will be times in a tight game that Upperman will have 2 freshmen and 3 sophomores on the floor. That is almost unheard of on most teams.

4. The ability to win games with inside shooting of Dyer, Tisdal, Bourch-Jensen, and Taylor. Then when the defense packs it in, the big guns of Maynard, Davis, Simmons, Taylor, Roberts, Bourch-Jensen will then shhot you out of a zone with the 3 point shot. If you want to run and gun, That's great for us because we can go 12 deep on our bench without losing anything. Really we coul go as many as 15 deep and still compeat and defeat most AA teams.

5. Home court: We loved the fact that the area coaches voted to have the tournament here. I think if you ever come and see what nice facilities we have you will enjoy it as well. We are by no means perfect but we strive for both teams and fans to enjoy their experience coming to UHS and hope that you do not go away with the feeling that you have been cheated or treated bad in any way. We just think that we have an excellent boys and girls program here at UHS and it is a hard place to get a win.

We know that there are places in Tennessee that are just as good as ours and some may even be better! But we invite you out Saturday night for what will be an exciting game in high school girls basketball, Hope to see you there! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LADY BEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McMinn Central starts 1 freshman and 4 sophmores. The reserves that see playing time include only 1 senior and the remainder are fresh and soph