Science Hill hosts/ Dobyns Bennett travels

noonesfool

QUOTE(23hoops @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826401219[/snapback]

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Mar 5 2007 - 08:42 PM) 826401050[/snapback]

DBGRAD70, So, Maryville and Powell probably will not be so lucky in their future encounters at the tournament? Do I detect a bit of bad sportsmanship? Regardless, WE are the winners!! Go Rebels!!!!

23hoops, if you had taken time to read my previous posts perhaps you wouldn't have made your comments.

From previous posts......

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:28 PM) 826397674[/snapback]Man, thats over the edge looking at the bright side. How in the world could their loosing be considered a blessing? DB will NOT win state. Their chance to win a 1st place award was in District and Region. They lost those. I fail to see why getting to play a couple more games is important. What, on the outside chance they could win state? Both DB and SH will get their chops busted big time if they get to round 1 or 2 of state tournament. IMO, neither can compete beyond sectionals. I'd love to be wrong however.

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:20 PM) 826398521[/snapback]Honestly I'm proud of them too. They came back well after a rough start. I just don't want to see them get killed 92-45 or some such. Just not a good way to end a good season. I'd rather see them loose a close one in sectionals. I was a romantic for years watching these kids go to state. I just had to give it up and face reality. Now if DB were to whip every team going and coming by say 20 points in regular and playoffs, I'd say they had a good chance at the state tourney.

The fact is that no east Tennessee team will win state. There is not one good enough. I didn't think Science Hill, DB, or your school are capable of winning state. The teams in the west are just too big and play a totally different version of basketball. Think of them as college teams on a high school level. Well, you'll see soon enough.

DB fought a close one and lost with dignity. Powell may not be so lucky when they play the west. Nothing against Powell. You have a good team. Just, IMO, not good enough. That's what I'm talking about.

If you want to appologize, ....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually attended this game tonight. Not a good looking game at all, aside from terrible officiating and somehow the score keeper not being able to keep up with the game. I have seen many west TN teams and can bet you any amount of money you would like that Powell will not win their opening round game. Neither team has/had any chance of winning state, and I hate to say it but Powell is sorry. They have one guy over maybe 6'2 who is terribly out of shape. Their show-off all-star #5 was an embarrassment.

Listen up Powellfan, i'm telling it how it is. If someone on that team averages 33 points a game then you all must play some scrub teams. If he puts up 33 poitns in the state tournament make a post on here telling me and i will give you my number you can call me and i will never post on here again. But until then don't talk on here like your two sided, number 5 talked all night, and i understand because thats part of the game, but not when your not good.

QUOTE(dafuture4all @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:20 PM) 826401495[/snapback]Listen up Powellfan, i'm telling it how it is. If someone on that team averages 33 points a game then you all must play some scrub teams. If he puts up 33 poitns in the state tournament make a post on here telling me and i will give you my number you can call me and i will never post on here again. But until then don't talk on here like your two sided, number 5 talked all night, and i understand because thats part of the game, but not when your not good.

I couldn't be there...what's the deal with #5?

dafuture, as previously stated, this was the worst game Powell has played all year. If you had enough knowledge to truly say how good of a team Powell is, you would know that. (Not saying Powell is gonna win state or anything, but no need to disrespect them) Also, if you were at the game tonight, and you're not a Powell fan, my guess is that your team has 0 games left on the schedule, so it might not be the right time to start talking about how bad teams going to state tournament are. Just a thought.

Yeah he had an off night, he put up 5 threes on 6 shots against maryville the other night.

Conner has played some of the best teams in our area and has several D1 offers so yes im sure he is good enough

Leading scorer in the KIL yeah hes no good lol

he has only had 5 30 point games this year.

Ask any of the players on your team there and see if 5 SAID anything out of line to anyone, ive never once heard of him being a jerk to anyone, yes he plays with emotion and gets excited and claps but its basketball, he doesnt talk crap though.

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826401451[/snapback]23hoops, if you had taken time to read my previous posts perhaps you wouldn't have made your comments.

From previous posts......

The fact is that no east Tennessee team will win state. There is not one good enough. I didn't think Science Hill, DB, or your school are capable of winning state. The teams in the west are just too big and play a totally different version of basketball. Think of them as college teams on a high school level. Well, you'll see soon enough.

DB fought a close one and lost with dignity. Powell may not be so lucky when they play the west. Nothing against Powell. You have a good team. Just, IMO, not good enough. That's what I'm talking about.

If you want to appologize, ....

Apologize FOR WHAT??? ANY team is capable of winning on any given day. Maryville was not given a chance of beating Science Hill, but look what happened. They may not advance any further. No one knows. Not you and not me. Stranger things have happened though. If they lose, they lose, but life, as I know it, will go on!