Wartburg @ UH

patthemanager

UH fans are not stuck up... They were a student section? What do you expect out of a student section? Wartburg goes to the boro and UH don't.... what more is there to discuss here? Here are some things noticed last night.

1. The ref's let the boys play.

2. UH's height did not match up with Wartburgs.

3. UH turned the ball over.

4. Woodacre is a great player, but he's supporting cast is not very good.

5. Tyler and DJ have good hair and they will get to gel it up at least one more time in the Boro.

6. 97% of the people from UH were great sports.

7. Homecourt is not always an advantage..... Harriman lost on its home floor.

8. Coach Layne did a great Coaching job.

Just to set one thing straight, Jeremy and DJ were both average players in middle school. Coach Layne helped both of them alot, but these two boys have a great work ethic when it comes to basketball. Look in the summer, These two will be playing basketball somewhere because they both love the game. Best of Luck to DJ. I'm sure you'll sign somewhere good.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pianomaster3 @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826402988[/snapback]UH fans are not stuck up... They were a student section? What do you expect out of a student section? Wartburg goes to the boro and UH don't.... what more is there to discuss here? Here are some things noticed last night.

1. The ref's let the boys play.

2. UH's height did not match up with Wartburgs.

3. UH turned the ball over.

4. Woodacre is a great player, but he's supporting cast is not very good.

5. Tyler and DJ have good hair and they will get to gel it up at least one more time in the Boro.

6. 97% of the people from UH were great sports.

7. Homecourt is not always an advantage..... Harriman lost on its home floor.

8. Coach Layne did a great Coaching job.

Just to set one thing straight, Jeremy and DJ were both average players in middle school. Coach Layne helped both of them alot, but these two boys have a great work ethic when it comes to basketball. Look in the summer, These two will be playing basketball somewhere because they both love the game. Best of Luck to DJ. I'm sure you'll sign somewhere good.

good job pianomaster

Everyone on here knows why EVERYBODY hates UH and calls them stuck up. They wear their ironed shirts, docker pants, and penny loafers into a gym like they are hot stuff but UH just says that it shows class. You all say that UH doesnt think they are better than anybody. HAHA!!! What about when UH was chanting "go home rednecks" to Cloudland this year. I guess it doesnt matter though since Cloudland will be laughing about that chant on the bus ride to Murfeesboro. Instead of "showing class" by wearing rich looking clothes, they should show class by refraining from throwing stuff on the court when they are sent home...

I will agree with pianomaster3 on the most part of what they said except I believe UH has a good coach as well, making a player or two doesn't necessarily make you a great coach when you make the whole team good that makes you a great coach (but that is beside the point). For the people that think UH kids are stuck up you are nothing more than a closed minded stereotype. I thought before I went to UH the kids would be rich or have some money but thats not always the case. My family is far from wealthy but I attended UH for a short so I am assuming from your stand point that automatically means my parents make a 6 digit yearly income, and I ride around on a high horse thinking I am better than everyone else. As far as the students of UH you shouldn't worry that people say you all are rich and cocky they just have problems because their lives might stink so it makes them mad to see people happy. As far as cocky I have not seen a single basketball player from UH come off as cocky this year. The student body might not be the most welcoming or respectful in the region but I am glad to see that they have so much school spirit for those who just bash and bash the UH student body they are just mad because they can't get their school behind their teams like UH can. I won't disagree about them not being disrespectful but I believe thats why they call it home court advantage if the whole crowd just sat there and did not thing I wouldn't bother to pay my money to go to a game. Basketball is supposed to be a entertaining sport if you all want to watch boring basketball with no crowd interaction go watch the NBA.

QUOTE(Codeair2000 @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:09 AM) 826403071[/snapback]I will agree with pianomaster3 on the most part of what they said except I believe UH has a good coach as well, making a player or two doesn't necessarily make you a great coach when you make the whole team good that makes you a great coach (but that is beside the point). For the people that think UH kids are stuck up you are nothing more than a closed minded stereotype. I thought before I went to UH the kids would be rich or have some money but thats not always the case. My family is far from wealthy but I attended UH for a short so I am assuming from your stand point that automatically means my parents make a 6 digit yearly income, and I ride around on a high horse thinking I am better than everyone else. As far as the students of UH you shouldn't worry that people say you all are rich and cocky they just have problems because their lives might stink so it makes them mad to see people happy. As far as cocky I have not seen a single basketball player from UH come off as cocky this year. The student body might not be the most welcoming or respectful in the region but I am glad to see that they have so much school spirit for those who just bash and bash the UH student body they are just mad because they can't get their school behind their teams like UH can. I won't disagree about them not being disrespectful but I believe thats why they call it home court advantage if the whole crowd just sat there and did not thing I wouldn't bother to pay my money to go to a game. Basketball is supposed to be a entertaining sport if you all want to watch boring basketball with no crowd interaction go watch the NBA.

lol...

QUOTE(RedwallOutcast @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:00 AM) 826403065[/snapback]Everyone on here knows why EVERYBODY hates UH and calls them stuck up. They wear their ironed shirts, docker pants, and penny loafers into a gym like they are hot stuff but UH just says that it shows class. You all say that UH doesnt think they are better than anybody. HAHA!!! What about when UH was chanting "go home rednecks" to Cloudland this year. I guess it doesnt matter though since Cloudland will be laughing about that chant on the bus ride to Murfeesboro. Instead of "showing class" by wearing rich looking clothes, they should show class by refraining from throwing stuff on the court when they are sent home...

we wear ironed shirts and dockers pants like we're hot stuff? dont be an idiot. u think we liked wearing that uncomfortable crap? dressing in something other than sweats makes us rich is not too great of an argument. but its useless arguing bc you have ur close minded views and a personal agenda against ppl who went there. im not denying the fans are classless, bc this senior class of uh with the exception of woodacre and a few others are a bunch of losers anyways so im not surprised they are this year, but dont include the players as well. you bring up an example that uh chants "go home rednecks". how bout when we had colored players and the other districts yelled out any racial slur they can think of? one of my good friends who played on the team a couple years ago had to go through that crap with the rest of the district yet he never complained bout any of it. but of course fans chant go home rednecks once and you jump all over it. did you complain about any of those chants at all? i wouldnt be surprised if you and crazyness were chanting along with those crowds. if we are snobby and spoiled bc we live in johnson city, 90% of the school goes on to college, lead successful lives and never once flaunts it or rubs it in like you do everytime uh loses a game, and ignore all the criticism given to us then yea im glad im a "spoiled brat" if thats what you mean. but trust me, theres alot of us that had it ALOT harder growing up and had to go through alot more tough situations in life than pretty much everyone around here. its hilarious that im considered a snob and spoiled bc i went and played at uh.

QUOTE(Codeair2000 @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:09 AM) 826403071[/snapback]I will agree with pianomaster3 on the most part of what they said except I believe UH has a good coach as well, making a player or two doesn't necessarily make you a great coach when you make the whole team good that makes you a great coach (but that is beside the point). For the people that think UH kids are stuck up you are nothing more than a closed minded stereotype. I thought before I went to UH the kids would be rich or have some money but thats not always the case. My family is far from wealthy but I attended UH for a short so I am assuming from your stand point that automatically means my parents make a 6 digit yearly income, and I ride around on a high horse thinking I am better than everyone else. As far as the students of UH you shouldn't worry that people say you all are rich and cocky they just have problems because their lives might stink so it makes them mad to see people happy. As far as cocky I have not seen a single basketball player from UH come off as cocky this year. The student body might not be the most welcoming or respectful in the region but I am glad to see that they have so much school spirit for those who just bash and bash the UH student body they are just mad because they can't get their school behind their teams like UH can. I won't disagree about them not being disrespectful but I believe thats why they call it home court advantage if the whole crowd just sat there and did not thing I wouldn't bother to pay my money to go to a game. Basketball is supposed to be a entertaining sport if you all want to watch boring basketball with no crowd interaction go watch the NBA.

i totally agree with you. before i was forced to go to uh, i had my stereotypes about the school but those instantly disappeared. my parents couldnt afford to put me through college or help me get a car so i worked my way to my own car and put myself into college with a full scholarship. but yea its funny bc now that i attended there, everyone thinks my parents are rich and daddy pays for everything i have. lol ironic bc i know alot of the players in the district on other teams where thats actually the case. but they dont go to uh so they are normal and we are "snobs and spoiled" because we did

QUOTE(uh alum @ Mar 7 2007 - 02:32 AM) 826403112[/snapback]i totally agree with you. before i was forced to go to uh, i had my stereotypes about the school but those instantly disappeared. my parents couldnt afford to put me through college or help me get a car so i worked my way to my own car and put myself into college with a full scholarship. but yea its funny bc now that i attended there, everyone thinks my parents are rich and daddy pays for everything i have. lol ironic bc i know alot of the players in the district on other teams where thats actually the case. but they dont go to uh so they are normal and we are "snobs and spoiled" because we did

I went to ETSU briefly, I know not all of the kids at UH are wealthy. Nice being on campus with all the girls wasnt it though? It is like you are in college when you are 14. Good luck next year young man.

Is it not kind of funny to see people agree with me when they have actually been to UH and know that not all the kids there have money. People automatically assume if you have money you are corrupt, I believe there is a saying that says "money corrupts people". Ok it doesn't say anything about people with money are corrupt it can make a homeless person corrupt by making them hate someone for having money because they envy that person. I think it is a good thing that the coach makes the players that are not playing dress up. It gives the school a good look and besides doesn't college and nba players have to dress up? The clothes do not make the person, so don't stereotype and judge. Maybe because UH kids get bashed by about every school they play against is why the student body is so bad. People from Unaka, Hampton, and Cloudland get on here and do nothing but bash the kids, maybe you all should find something more productive with your time instead of stereotyping kids, they are just like your kids all they want to do is play basketball. I believe it was really messed up to see a fan at the regional championship get up and threaten the UH student body. The Science Hill reject thing is also another thing that is messed up. UH is made up of kids from all around the area not just JC, they have students from Kingpsport, Bristol, Erwin, Elizabethton, other areas around not just JC and some of the kids have attended UH their whole life how are you going to label someone like that has never even left UH and say they are some other school's reject. UH is a very welcoming place it is nice to see kids from kindergarten all the way up to seniors in highschool in the same building. I believe everyone has made their point the refs at the game were not the greatest in the world they did let the kids play but they were fair by not calling it for both teams. At the end of the game it was classless for "some" of the students from UH to throw their drinks onto the court. DJ and Tyler do have some interesting hairstyles, and UH's shots just were not falling it happens to the best of the teams.

QUOTE(Ineedalife @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:00 AM) 826402013[/snapback]Is it the fans or the players you have a problem with? The coaches/players seem fine.

Ineedalife, she has a problem with everyone. The UH fans mirror the Unaka fans. Congratulations to Wartburg. Maybe you all will get to play a member of the Big Blue Alliance. Our Carter County champions, the Cloudland Highlanders!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Boxanone @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:08 AM) 826403237[/snapback]I went to ETSU briefly, I know not all of the kids at UH are wealthy. Nice being on campus with all the girls wasnt it though? It is like you are in college when you are 14. Good luck next year young man.

yea i definitely was one of the un-wealthy ones lol. and yea it did have a bit of a college feel to it in terms of ppl. still i had to get out of there though so now im in south carolina and ill be done with school in another year. had to get away from all the drama and ignorant close minded ppl like crazy and redwalloutcast lol