Franklin @ Clarksville

Jim Harrick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that plays the #1 team is going to be a big underdog. Especially during the state-tournament. It doesn't mean they won't win, but that's just how people look at it. You can't hold what happened last time as any form of measurement. That was the first game of the season, and neither team had really found their chemistry yet. That first game was a learning experience for both teams; They were still finding the right gameplan, getting adjusted to the new players and strategy, things like that. This is the postseason. Both teams have hit their stride, and are going to be playing alot better basketball this time around.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Mar 3 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826398105[/snapback]Anyone that plays the #1 team is going to be a big underdog. Especially during the state-tournament. It doesn't mean they won't win, but that's just how people look at it. You can't hold what happened last time as any form of measurement. That was the first game of the season, and neither team had really found their chemistry yet. That first game was a learning experience for both teams; They were still finding the right gameplan, getting adjusted to the new players and strategy, things like that. This is the postseason. Both teams have hit their stride, and are going to be playing alot better basketball this time around.

Well, your theory has holes. Clarksville had every starter back, so they didn't need to "find themselves".

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Mar 3 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826398250[/snapback]Well, your theory has holes. Clarksville had every starter back, so they didn't need to "find themselves".

While that statement is true to some degree, its still very inaccurate as people dont realize Clarksville lost thier starting PG. This is Caldwells first year as a full time PG. Greg Bronson was the starter and Caldwell played wing. So you are very wrong when you say they brought back every starter. They also didnt have Shawn Dowlen who was thier starting post player the first time they played Franklin because Clarksville was making a deep run in the state football playoffs. Dowlen missed the first 5-7 games including scrimmages. Now that Dowlen is back he is the teams sixth man and not the same player he was a year ago.

Also anyone that knows about basketball can tell you that especially in high school, you still have to gell at the right time. Look at Florida who brought back everybody from a National Championship team. They still havent quite figured it out yet but with a new season arriving they will most likely get it together. So lets not say that Clarksville is a given to win this game especially playing a very solid Franklin team with mostly seniors. They're obvious favorites because of playing at home and them being ranked one of the top teams in the state. But people that have watched basketball will tell you that Franklins good enough to beat this team.

QUOTE(BigPoppa @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:59 PM) 826398497[/snapback]I'm gonna go with the 6AAA teams, Franklin and Creek over ClarksVegas and Mt Juliet. A big concern for me for Franklin though is will they continue their shooting woes of late....

I didn't see the last game, but what kind of defense did Whites Creek run? I know the press defense had given them some trouble in the McGavock game, so I was wondering if the Cobras ran a similar press.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:04 PM) 826398505[/snapback]I didn't see the last game, but what kind of defense did Whites Creek run? I know the press defense had given them some trouble in the McGavock game, so I was wondering if the Cobras ran a similar press.

I thought that FHS handled the McGavock pressure very well. Whites Creek stepped into the passing lanes & stepped up the pressure in the 2nd half. That forced FHS into a lot of turnovers & a 10 point swing in the 3rd quarter. Sort of reminded me of the FHS vs. Hillsboro game in the District tournament last year. Our 3 pt. shooting wasn't off as bad as the 0-17 night against McGavoch but it sure wasn't typical FHS either.

My prediction is that Coach Johnson will have them well prepared for Clarksville. If the 3's aren't falling, we've got to take it in to the paint. I don't think that Clarksville can contain Batt. And if Young & the Glover boys start driving to the basket, then we won't need to count on the 3's. But I predict a big night for at least one of our beyond-the-arc guns.(Glass, Young or R. Glover) Plus, we have some other young guns who might step up and have a big game.

GO REBELS!!!

QUOTE(BigPoppa @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:59 PM) 826398497[/snapback]I'm gonna go with the 6AAA teams, Franklin and Creek over ClarksVegas and Mt Juliet. A big concern for me for Franklin though is will they continue their shooting woes of late....

HEY! Chubby *wink* NOT THIS TIME. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />