Oakland vs. Powell

#1VolsFan

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826410379[/snapback]When he is the best player at the school in the past decade, people tend to make a big deal out of it.

Northeastern pretty much had to start from scratch since their previous coach screwed em over. They have the CAA rookie of the year and have 2 pretty good transfers coming in, plus never mind the fact that these guys do play in the CAA, you know the same CAA that had that monster of a cinderella team, GEORGE MASON, maybe you've heard of them. Plus, they're sending 2 to the NCAA's and 2 to the NIT, so this is no garbage conference. The ones that dont know much about this program will say chaisson chaisson chaissson, but the ones who know why Oakland is so successful will tell you differently, you beat Oakland by shutting down the supporting cast, not by shutting down chaisson, who has a season low of 15.

Yea i am glad you said this, Oakland has more than one good player. If you do some how stop chaisson more than likely you won't be able to stop Jaffarious. Not to mention Shane, Kit, and Dre.

And dont base this board on the way that the Oakland players are looking at this game. I can promise you they are not looking at this game as a cakewalk.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 12 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826409382[/snapback]Not trying to be a smart butt,

But this guy Chaisen The way your making it sound hes the best player to EVER come out of TN and should go straight to the NBA and be making millions.

But then I look at the scout.com and see he has 2 college offers Northeastern and Tulane I know who tulane is but who is norteastern.

This is not meant to be rude, but I just really dont understand how you guys are making him out to be so great yet hes not being looked at by any major colleges.

Last year nobody knew who Barry Stewart was in the early signing period, everyone knew him in April, and lots of teams with no interest then, would have given their right arm for him in April....now EVERY coach in the SEC knows who he is, and only is lucky enough to have him....bottom line, Chassion Allen is the real deal...just ask anyone we've played, don't ask us. Oakland never has 20+ ppg scorers, Oakland has always played a team game and had 3 scorers average double digits, let's face it, if you don't average 25+ ppg the big boys aren't going to come looking as much. Chassion has had one goal this season, and he's 3 wins away

I like this Powell team. They have confidence and more confindence, at times Hargis(55) will be running down the court holding his arms up before the ball leaves the shooters hands.

If Powell starts hitting 3s watch out the may make a game of it. I heard they didnt make very many against D-B.

Confidence alone wont win the game.

Oakland 78

Powell 62

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Mar 14 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826411123[/snapback]I like this Powell team. They have confidence and more confindence, at times Hargis(55) will be running down the court holding his arms up before the ball leaves the shooters hands.

If Powell starts hitting 3s watch out the may make a game of it. I heard they didnt make very many against D-B.

Confidence alone wont win the game.

Oakland 78

Powell 62

I really don't know that much about Powell but I hear they can light it up from the 3-point. From what I hear their tallest player is 6'4'' so Oakland should have a heigth advantage. For Oakland to win the state tournament I think Kit Carlton is going to have to step it up seeing that he only played about 6 minutes against Red Bank.

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826410379[/snapback]Northeastern pretty much had to start from scratch since their previous coach screwed em over. They have the CAA rookie of the year and have 2 pretty good transfers coming in, plus never mind the fact that these guys do play in the CAA, you know the same CAA that had that monster of a cinderella team, GEORGE MASON, maybe you've heard of them. Plus, they're sending 2 to the NCAA's and 2 to the NIT, so this is no garbage conference. The ones that dont know much about this program will say chaisson chaisson chaissson, but the ones who know why.

Perfectly stated Oakland Grad! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

BTW, do you or anyone know if tomorrow's game will be video webcast on the internet at all? I know I can listen to the game, but I'm dying to see Chaisson as well as J. Wade, Carlton etc. play. Thanks.

QUOTE(Geewiz @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826412124[/snapback]Perfectly stated Oakland Grad! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

BTW, do you or anyone know if tomorrow's game will be video webcast on the internet at all? I know I can listen to the game, but I'm dying to see Chaisson as well as J. Wade, Carlton etc. play. Thanks.

go to www.goinsidesports.com and click on the on air icon and it should have the broadcast of the game. I wish there was a webcast, but I havent seen any up to this point

Oakland will crush Powell. I live in Knoxville & Knoxville high school basketball (as a whole) stinks on ice. It is vastly behind the rest of the state. Outside of Austin-East, when was the last time a Knoxville based, boys basketball team won the state in A, AA, or AAA?

Answer..........1977

If Knoxville-area basketball were as good as the rest of the state, they would have at least "lucked-up" and won it even once since 1977.

QUOTE(patriot 4 life @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826412087[/snapback]I really don't know that much about Powell but I hear they can light it up from the 3-point. From what I hear their tallest player is 6'4'' so Oakland should have a heigth advantage. For Oakland to win the state tournament I think Kit Carlton is going to have to step it up seeing that he only played about 6 minutes against Red Bank.

Why did Kit only play six minutes?