Rankin on the Move?

AViper

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 8 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826405300[/snapback]He said he wanted to raise his son in a small town.......he said he wanted to coach in a town that was 100% behind the school and the team......he said he wanted to stay at Alcoa at least 10 yrs....seems like he was in Utopia.

We tried to tell you folk how this man is......

2priceless. All that man has done is win football games.Now if he wanted to come to Oakland you would love it.I know it has been said that he lost focus on the kids when he was at Riverdale but I think this year he coached those kids at Alcoa like he did from 90-94 at Riverdale. I think he got his blinders on after winning that first one and he did not care about anything other than winning that GOLD BALL. I think he would tell you that he made a mistake over the last 11 years at Riverdale treating kids the way they are supposed to be treated. So if don't like because of this I am sure you can get in touch with him. Grudges are a Bad thing. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Yogi Barra said it best, Its Deja Vu all over again! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You can change the Leopard's Cage, but the spots will be the same where ever they are at. Alcoa, Welcome to the wonderful world of Rankin and the off season. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Russelville would be a good job to have.

The program already has a pretty good winning tradition.

The talent level is pretty good there (Aaron Sears - UT).

The facilities are really nice...nicer field and athletic facitlity than any high school around here.

And...the money has to be pretty good too. Alabama tends to pay a good bit more than Tennessee.

QUOTE(Middle Tennessee Football @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826412337[/snapback]Russelville would be a good job to have.

The program already has a pretty good winning tradition.

The talent level is pretty good there (Aaron Sears - UT).

The facilities are really nice...nicer field and athletic facitlity than any high school around here.

And...the money has to be pretty good too. Alabama tends to pay a good bit more than Tennessee.

Plus he could FINALLY play Hoover! I would pay to see that! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Can anyone imagine those two egos on the same field? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826412357[/snapback]Plus he could FINALLY play Hoover! I would pay to see that! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Can anyone imagine those two egos on the same field? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

They are VERY similar.

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Mar 9 2007 - 12:20 PM) 826406136[/snapback]Apparently we read the same thing and got the same thing out of it. I searched all over that board and never seen his name mentioned. I have seen in past experiences, that the more winning a coach does the more their name is linked with openings everywhere. When Sequoyah was doing their search I heard his name mentioned for it. We lost Meadows to Alcoa, how in the world could we lure Rankin away from there when nothing has changed since Meadows left? Instead of posting unsure information on message boards, people should do a little bit of work and search for the facts. No, some people just can't resist stirring something up and just look for something to be able to use to start it with. Granted he is a good coach, but if he decides to leave, he WILL leave. Alcoa won before he arrived, and Alcoa WILL win after he is gone.

Russellville, (Ala.) Coaching Search

Rankin is listed as one of the 25 for the job, so it looks like to me he has applied.

QUOTE(HUCKFINN @ Mar 10 2007 - 01:12 AM) 826407030[/snapback]2priceless. All that man has done is win football games.Now if he wanted to come to Oakland you would love it.I know it has been said that he lost focus on the kids when he was at Riverdale but I think this year he coached those kids at Alcoa like he did from 90-94 at Riverdale. I think he got his blinders on after winning that first one and he did not care about anything other than winning that GOLD BALL. I think he would tell you that he made a mistake over the last 11 years at Riverdale treating kids the way they are supposed to be treated. So if don't like because of this I am sure you can get in touch with him. Grudges are a Bad thing. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sir, My son played at Oakland and won a ring in 98 . We didn't need Rankin to do that. My son was treated with respect there,was disciplined, loved by his coaches, and treated fairly. He could have played for Rankin b/c he was asked to.....as in recruited. He chose to stay at Oakland. Two of his friends went over to RHS........and they were sorry that they did. When they lost in the first round of the playoffs to Dickson Cty after going undefeated in 99, Rankin threw all their belongings outside on the grass and told them they were banned from the locker room forever as well as from the football banquet.There were articles in the paper to document his behavior from players and angry parents. So NOOOOOOOOOOO, I wouldn't want him coaching my son. Ask any senior from 99.......