Clarksville NE vs Memphis Northside updates

timbdp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Junkins was a very successful coach at Harpeth, until administration allowed parents to run the program. He took a 500 team to one of the most respected teams in the state. Northeast was bettered when he came on board. To have Junkins and Martin on the same staff helped put this team where it was.

I'd say by looking at your posts "pick-n-roll" you are a Harpeth fan, since that is where most of your posts come from. Are you trying to get one more barb into Coach Junkins?

I'd guess alot of teams would like to see their team in this kind of "ruin".

Junkins is honest and successful. Those are two terms in coaching that do not come along very often. My father has known him for over 20 years, and went to church with him for several years when he lived in Pleasant View. He worked very hard for the Pleasant View athletic association, and was my brother's vacation bible school teacher one year. If Coach Derrick had left or is leaving this year, Sycamore would be glad to have him. Maybe then we could beat Harpeth.

QUOTE(rolltide418 @ Mar 13 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826410496[/snapback]What would be wrong with naming David Junkins as the coach? He seemed to do a good job of coaching the Harpeth High Lady Indians. Another thing is he knows the players after having worked with them this year.

That would make the most sense to me too to name him as head coach, but I'm not in charge of anything. I'll shut up... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(Ticket @ Mar 10 2007 - 05:24 AM) 826407061[/snapback]“We see a lot of those types of ballplayers in Memphis, so it was nothing really because we see those types and we adjust to it,” said Memphis Northside Coach Donald Holmes, referring to his team’s ability to contain Evans.

“I looked at that team (Northeast) last night, and they were a one-man show, so we usually stop one-man shows.”

And your point is???????

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826408766[/snapback]That will be hard to do unless they have a player like Evans.

Congratulations to Northeast on a good season.

greenvillefan, Your team, your coaches, and your fans are a class act. I am a

Clarksville-Northeast fan and I want to congratulate you on a great season. However, from what I witnessed this year, I have no doubt that you will be there again next year. Good luck next year.

QUOTE(RARip @ Mar 14 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826411287[/snapback]greenvillefan, Your team, your coaches, and your fans are a class act. I am a

Clarksville-Northeast fan and I want to congratulate you on a great season. However, from what I witnessed this year, I have no doubt that you will be there again next year. Good luck next year.

Thanks, they do try and carry themselves with class. Win or lose they still have respect for whoever they play. Their coaching staff has done a good job at creating some discipline on this team that past two years. Northeast looked very disciplined the night that we played them. I am sure they will be able to compete as long as they have athletes. Congratulations to you and your team on a great season.