Coalfield

jkk#22

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kingbrian3 @ Jun 10 2007 - 01:08 AM) 826473446[/snapback]Fortunately both players are fine. Just banged up a little.

While this was an act of nature and involved a deer running in front of then, they may be ok now but they haven't seen me since. These two are good kids. I would hate to lose them or see them injured. They just need to realize they are not 10 feet tall and bullet proof. I know ten feet tall when I see it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Jun 9 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826473265[/snapback]Let's see, that game was scheduled because no others nearby in 1a would play and Coack K. and Coach Satterfield are close friends. The contract was signed when Coach S. was still there after the play off game last year. Now, here is the kicker, it seems that Grace moved up pretty quickly from J.V. to a playoff team. Hmmmmm? If their program grows they will also be moved up with CAK to 2a with the multiplier. That will happen when this redistricting of public schools in Knox Co. settles.

Not a problem this year, with me. I don't make the schedule. I just hope the clock keeper up there next year is on the field where he should be.

What's the problem from your end coach? Grace taking from your folks recruiting area?

Coachlogan is not now, nor has he ever been a CAK coach. CY, Seems a little petty that you are still whining about the clock-keeper, that was in the year 2003...close to four full years ago. Life goes on, and surely as an adult, you have better things to do with your time than dwell on, make excuses for, and argue about a 1-A high school football game from four years ago that you did not even participate in.

QUOTE(BUBBA61 @ Jun 11 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826473730[/snapback]Coachlogan is not now, nor has he ever been a CAK coach. CY, Seems a little petty that you are still whining about the clock-keeper, that was in the year 2003...close to four full years ago. Life goes on, and surely as an adult, you have better things to do with your time than dwell on, make excuses for, and argue about a 1-A high school football game from four years ago that you did not even participate in.

Coachlogan has on numerous occasions indicated that he is a CAK supporter. He has defended CAK as much as I have defended Coalfield. As far as the clock comment, while it is history; history is always relevant. Those that refuse to study and remember history are doomed to repeat it. That issue is brought up each time Logan posts a sarcastic remark regarding Coalfied because of his earlier defense of that situation his being very vocal about the problem not being CAK's. That situation rest squarely on CAK.

I see it to still gets under your skin. Conscience?

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Jun 11 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826473736[/snapback]Coachlogan has on numerous occasions indicated that he is a CAK supporter. He has defended CAK as much as I have defended Coalfield. As far as the clock comment, while it is history; history is always relevant. Those that refuse to study and remember history are doomed to repeat it. That issue is brought up each time Logan posts a sarcastic remark regarding Coalfied because of his earlier defense of that situation his being very vocal about the problem not being CAK's. That situation rest squarely on CAK.

I see it to still gets under your skin. Conscience?

I will agree that more often than not it is appropriate to put coachlogan in his place. However, the reference to the clock-keeper does not solve this cause, it only belittles an extremely competitive and hard-fought game played by worthy opponents. If looked back upon, this game should be viewed for what it really was.

I was a member of the first 5 years of CAK football. I was involved in this game that was "decided by the clock-keeper." The clock-keeper didn't botch coalfield's PAT. The clock-keeper didn't force a Coalfield player to hit Cunningham late on the 3rd to last play of the game. The clock-keeper ALSO did not come in cold off the bench as a freshman QB and drive coalfield to its final score, nor did the clock keeper leap over 2 CAK defenders to make one of the best high school catches I have ever seen to score Coalfield's final touchdown.

This game was not settled in the pressbox, it was settled on the field between two teams that fought their guts out all night. Is it possible that the clock-keeper stopped too early? Sure. Is it also possible that the clock-keeper stopped too late? Sure. Saying one way or the other as though it was matter-of-fact is wrong, especially four years later when this game should be remembered for what it was, and not for what it could have or "should" have been. I look back on this game as I do any other, another night that I was lucky enough to play a tough football game against a worthy opponent. We could argue all day about the clock-keeper...where he was standing, who he was, and if he indeed stopped at the right time. My hope is that we can move on past this understandable controversy(any time a game is decided by this amount of time a similar controversy will exist) and if this game is discussed, it will be in a manner appropriate for the amount of heart displayed by both teams.

A side note: I respect your die-hard support for the Yellowjackets, even though I sometimes disagree with you, and good luck to you in the upcoming season.

Coalfield will have to BATTLE to win the Region this year. They will be a big “bulky” team this year and not as much experience as the last few years. But im picking them to win the region again and make it to the third round. Just from great coaching from coach K

Coalfield will fall to fourth in region this year. Lost to much last season and only players I can remember they have back is Knight, Melton and Armes. Only three good players doesn't make for a good season in Coalfield. To bad for you guys that Brandon Davis is gone. He can't bail you out no more.

QUOTE(ask_me @ Jun 13 2007 - 12:14 AM) 826474501[/snapback]Coalfield will fall to fourth in region this year. Lost to much last season and only players I can remember they have back is Knight, Melton and Armes. Only three good players doesn't make for a good season in Coalfield. To bad for you guys that Brandon Davis is gone. He can't bail you out no more.

I think Coalfields defense will be hard to deal with, Oneida will have a hard time scoring .The linebackers will be amonst the best in the state in 1a.

QUOTE(ask_me @ Jun 13 2007 - 02:14 AM) 826474501[/snapback]Coalfield will fall to fourth in region this year. Lost to much last season and only players I can remember they have back is Knight, Melton and Armes. Only three good players doesn't make for a good season in Coalfield. To bad for you guys that Brandon Davis is gone. He can't bail you out no more.

You know, I think you may be right. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(CMS @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826474582[/snapback]I would have to agree .... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Poor Little Coalfield. Its a good thing they came up with the new mercy rule.