Coalfield

jkk#22

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 4 2007 - 08:05 AM) 826451454[/snapback]FC, I don't think I would call many schools in the east a "west coast" offense. SP has switched from the power-I to the wing-t in the last few years and wing-t sure isn't what you would call "west coast". Very few school have the pass first mentality. I think the schools that use the spread, option or gun do so more to spread the field to make more opportunties for the run rather than set up the pass. The pass has to be defended even if it's not used much. The wing-t makes you defend more points of attack which accomplishes the same thing. Even the players who don't get the ball must be defended.

You make a good point and prove that i am an idiot of formations and how they are run. I guess the difference is that teams such as south pitt, trousdale, fcs, gordonsville will try to run the ball inside. We would love to get five yards in a cloud of dust. BUT there is a mentality of run first pass if you have to. Up near the Carolina's it is run first, run second... run a little more.

Oh yeah, just a side not about the Wing-T. Something i do know is that all you need is comparable speed and discipline to stop it. Just need the speed to get to the hole at the same time as the many runners and the discipline to trust your read and get where you are supposed to and not worry about anyone else.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie White, nice. Although I don't think I was even born then so I was talking about most Unapproved Website top 100. Normally all those kids are on state championship teams year in and year out. You have a 100x better chance getting noticed being a average player on a great team, then a great player on an below average team.

QUOTE(pujo @ May 4 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826451909[/snapback]Coalfield seems to have a habit of getting excellant players from nearby schools.Did the Armes kid play for Wartburg last season. They need to change their name to Morgan Co highschool.

Kid sat out last season and will be an impact player on both sides of the ball this year. Pujo, tell us about all the kids Hampton is getting? Need to change Hampton's name to Carter County Magnet School.

Coalfield will be fine this year. Knight will help take pressure off Doughty. Melton will make some unbelievable catches. The defense will be solid like every year. There is some kid on that team that noone has talked abuot alot, that will step up and be a great addition like William Armes last year. All the players know what it takes to win, and thats always a huge plus.

QUOTE(JoeKnows @ May 6 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826452927[/snapback]Kid sat out last season and will be an impact player on both sides of the ball this year. Pujo, tell us about all the kids Hampton is getting? Need to change Hampton's name to Carter County Magnet School.

The one new kid Hampton has is not from Carter Co, he came from Knoxville. I have heard rumors of two more kids,one from Sullival Co and the other from Johnson Co. Its not like they are leaving one school in Carter Co to another one to be on a better football team.As a matter of fact, they would have to be real good to get playing time on this team.

QUOTE(pujo @ May 6 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826453129[/snapback]The one new kid Hampton has is not from Carter Co, he came from Knoxville. I have heard rumors of two more kids,one from Sullival Co and the other from Johnson Co. Its not like they are leaving one school in Carter Co to another one to be on a better football team.As a matter of fact, they would have to be real good to get playing time on this team.

I expect Coalfield to be as good or better this season. A lot of kids working hard and getting stronger. Several new faces will surprise a lot of people this season.

QUOTE(JoeKnows @ May 7 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826453422[/snapback]I expect Coalfield to be as good or better this season. A lot of kids working hard and getting stronger. Several new faces will surprise a lot of people this season.

They are my pick to take region 2, they have a good program and several kids from the nearby schools are attracted to their school.You can't blame the kids or Coalfield ,its the nature of things. If Ilived in Morgan Co , my kid would play there also.They also have good coaching and people comes out to support them. HATS OFF AND GOOD LUCK.

Well said Pujo, its not really recruiting when parents want their kids to go there or the kids themselves. Why wouldnt you want go contend for a region championship and take some deep play-off runs every now and again? Oakdale, no chance, Sunbright no chance, Wartburg's region is the best in 2A + football isn't their sport. Makes perfect since to me.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 5 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826452264[/snapback]You make a good point and prove that i am an idiot of formations and how they are run. I guess the difference is that teams such as south pitt, trousdale, fcs, gordonsville will try to run the ball inside. We would love to get five yards in a cloud of dust. BUT there is a mentality of run first pass if you have to. Up near the Carolina's it is run first, run second... run a little more.

Oh yeah, just a side not about the Wing-T. Something i do know is that all you need is comparable speed and discipline to stop it. Just need the speed to get to the hole at the same time as the many runners and the discipline to trust your read and get where you are supposed to and not worry about anyone else.

Any balanced team has to be able to run inside as well as outside. Same thing here, if you only do one (ie run outside) the opposing D will just load up and shut that down. Equal speed makes any D better against any offense. Defending the Wing-T is much like defending the option...assignment football and penetration of the line to break it up before it get a chance to develop. The wing-T makes teams flow the wrong way (misdirection) and it creates mis-matchs in numbers of defenders at the point of attack because you have to defend so many threats

QUOTE(pujo @ May 7 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826453600[/snapback]They are my pick to take region 2, they have a good program and several kids from the nearby schools are attracted to their school.You can't blame the kids or Coalfield ,its the nature of things. If Ilived in Morgan Co , my kid would play there also.They also have good coaching and people comes out to support them. HATS OFF AND GOOD LUCK.

yes I agree, coalfield should win the region with little problem ,only team that might give them trouble would be midway. they seem to be on the right track and with a new back to match the qb should be better. oneida is getting new head coach

and staff, so that should slow them, sunbright lost evrthing they had last year and harriman, they might be the wild card, upset a team or two.

QUOTE(MULEDOG @ May 8 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826454348[/snapback]yes I agree, coalfield should win the region with little problem ,only team that might give them trouble would be midway. they seem to be on the right track and with a new back to match the qb should be better. oneida is getting new head coach

and staff, so that should slow them, sunbright lost evrthing they had last year and harriman, they might be the wild card, upset a team or two.

Well said

Coalfield always has had a great football program and it just keeps going up. i think this year will be no different

The jackets will be a great team.. but Doughty will have to make some throws down the field, so people can't just stack the box against the jackets. if he steps up it will be yet another great year.

If Doughty will work on standing in the pocket and improve his eyesight for the open man before it closes he will be able to throw down field. He can't panic.

Also, a few dinners at Applebees or Ruby's for his linemen wouldn't hurt.

He has one definite qualification for a Coalfield QB. He can run.... Slow. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />