Coalfield

jkk#22

QUOTE(youdontknowme @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:04 AM) 826440316[/snapback]I don't have a dog in this fight, but lil reggie I really don't think wartburg would have done any better the past couple of years if they played the same schedule as Coalfield.

I don't know if it was coaching or talent or whatever, but for the last few years Wartburg has been way down.

I hope you guys win some games this year, but it is going to take a whole lot more than all of this "young talent" you keep speaking of.

well i think they would have, wait i know they would have. let coalfield try playin alcoa, sweetwater and those teams. thats right yall couldnt win. and young talent builds the program

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(little_reggie5 @ Apr 18 2007 - 01:42 PM) 826440355[/snapback]well i think they would have, wait i know they would have. let coalfield try playin alcoa, sweetwater and those teams. thats right yall couldnt win. and young talent builds the program

Look man I am not trying to argue with ya, but Reg, you didn't beat Coalfield either.

With a line like coalfields gonna have again, they wont need a a talented RB. Have you seen those guys? That wilson kid is huge along with massengale, armes, fletcher and smith. I think that it will be up to the line to determine who will win region. i dont think they have a lineman under 210lbs. with a combinded weight of almost a ton, and averege of 250 a person, i think they will be hard to push around. The linebackers are crazy. they still have the same people - drake liles. so i think them coalfield boys will be doing alright this year No davis who cares sure he was good but they got armes and knight to bring up the backfield and doughty at qb hes picked up alot of speed

QUOTE(little_reggie5 @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826440355[/snapback]well i think they would have, wait i know they would have. let coalfield try playin alcoa, sweetwater and those teams. thats right yall couldnt win. and young talent builds the program

look little reggie, its stupid to say that coalfield would not do any better than wartburg if they played in their region. coalfield would go at least to the second round before getting put out. better than 0-20.and until you beat coalfield i suggest you stay quiet until you beat coalfield. also one more thing is thatif wartburg played in coalfields region it would turn out almost the same, but you guys might have a chance to beat oakdale, but i seriously think it would be a tight game.

Ok enough of this Wartburg talk we all know what Coalfield has done to them the past what 4 years .... So jumping on Coalfield & trying to run them in the dirt with u guys is crazy .... so far Coalfield is the only team thats keeping Morgan County football on the map .... So back off & worry about your own problems ....

QUOTE(knight2 @ Apr 14 2007 - 01:52 AM) 826437218[/snapback]If Adam D. is the QB it will be a long season for the running backs because they will not be able to throw the ball he is to small and slow.

Doughty can handle the assignments given to him. He has grown quite a lot in the off season. His advantage will be in play calling and communication with the sideline on what is happening on the field. This is extremely important. He has studied the game closely since he was a little boy and understands the concepts of the game better than most 15-16 year old kids. As to just handing off the ball and the backs being a long year. If he hands it off enough the passing game will open up and his arm has gotten stronger. With the monster line they will have, the backs will be able to run long and hard (and there are not just one, but several waiting to get the ball). He will not have to move too much and just stand in the pocket and throw the ball. His speed has increased also. It is called hard work in the off season.

The problem for the opponents will not be who is playing where, I can assure you the gaps are being filled. The problem is these guys are working hard in the off season to become better.

Read above about those lifting weights and getting stronger. They will be a force to deal with this year again.

The qb on this team just better get the linemen something for their birthday and Christmas. Taking them out to eat after the game might also be something to consider. Doughty has the money though. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh, and slow don't really matter at Coalfield Quarterback. We are famous for slow quarterbacks. It is a tradition. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

With a line like coalfields gonna have again, they wont need a a talented RB. Have you seen those guys? That wilson kid is huge along with massengale, armes, fletcher and smith. I think that it will be up to the line to determine who will win region. i dont think they have a lineman under 210lbs. with a combinded weight of almost a ton, and averege of 250 a person, i think they will be hard to push around. The linebackers are crazy. they still have the same people - drake liles. so i think them coalfield boys will be doing alright this year and with wilson @ ng he will dominate with a benchpress of 365 and a squat of 5 something he will kill anyone and everyone. No davis who cares sure he was good but they got armes and knight to bring up the backfield and doughty at qb hes picked up alot of speed with 5 1 40 he can fly.

sincerely,

winners

This is nothing against Coalfield or anything, but in 04 Wartburg probably had the one the best mine O-Lines in the state as far as size and strength, but you saw what any speed will do to big boys of front. Coalfield needs to find atleast 2 guys that run (LEGIT) 4.6s to keep teams from stacking the box this season. The O-line will give the QB lots of time also, but speed is everything in football on every level. Somehow I don't see anyone at Coalfield Squating 500+ right now, thats a great max for any College player.

If you seen Brandon Davis 2 years ago, when he got outside, he was gone. This past year, he could have had about 300+ more yards in just the 6-7 games I watched if he had the same speed and not gained all the size. Yes, the size helped him get the extra yard when needed, but also lost a few TDs, maybe even a trip to the 4th round if he was still 185~.

As far as the teams Coalfield and Wartburg plays, expect for Alcoa, the past 3 years Coalfield would have easily been in the play-offs, possible to 3rd round a few times. Wartburg, stick to basketball, let Coalfield play the football.

If doughty runs a 5.1, Wartburg will beat Coalfield this year. Louden would beat Coalfield handly too, because Louden would probley go to Murphressboro, but They have to play the State Champs in the third round. I agree with Fearbong speed is a big ? this year, because all of the kids are so big physically, they cant run extremely fast. Coalfield will be a bruising team, but loosing Davis and Hill is gonna hurt them alot. As for sticking to sports, Coalfield should stick with BASEBALL cause that's the only sport they've been to Murphressboro in (Male Sports). Saying this, Coalfield will go 3-0 in the county again.

Coalfield has not been known for fast qb's. James Foster was the last true running quarterback I recall and that was in the mid-1980's where they ran the option well.

Qb speed is a non factor at Coalfield. They build the team around passing and a running attack from bruising fullbacks to tough tailbacks that have speed. If the quarterback can relay to the sidelines what is happening on the field and can see the defense and what they are doing the adjustments can be made, coaching abilities.

As for the quarterback of the future at Coalfield this year, they will have to work hard, pay attention, and improve in all skills.

I saw Johnny Hill beat out a throw to first last night by a step. After seeing that happen, we may have had him in the wrong position in football, he appear to be way too fast to have been a quarterback at Coalfield. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Apr 19 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826441132[/snapback]Doughty can handle the assignments given to him. He has grown quite a lot in the off season. His advantage will be in play calling and communication with the sideline on what is happening on the field. This is extremely important. He has studied the game closely since he was a little boy and understands the concepts of the game better than most 15-16 year old kids. As to just handing off the ball and the backs being a long year. If he hands it off enough the passing game will open up and his arm has gotten stronger. With the monster line they will have, the backs will be able to run long and hard (and there are not just one, but several waiting to get the ball). He will not have to move too much and just stand in the pocket and throw the ball. His speed has increased also. It is called hard work in the off season.

The problem for the opponents will not be who is playing where, I can assure you the gaps are being filled. The problem is these guys are working hard in the off season to become better.

Read above about those lifting weights and getting stronger. They will be a force to deal with this year again.

The qb on this team just better get the linemen something for their birthday and Christmas. Taking them out to eat after the game might also be something to consider. Doughty has the money though. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh, and slow don't really matter at Coalfield Quarterback. We are famous for slow quarterbacks. It is a tradition. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

yea right there wont be any passing game. coalfield is all about runnin the ball. i feel sorry for melton he aint gonna get any passes this year.

Hill had a stronger arm at this point, but Doughty knows the game of football and understands it more. Hills first year starting the only passes Coalfield ran was bomb or pop, if you remember, hill probably threw for about 600yards, but yards after catch got him the stats. Maybe it will be the same thing this year, if they find some speed. This years Coalfield team will remind me of 03,04 Midway teams. Lining it up and say stop us. They wont be a come from behind team because of the big play ability gone, but maybe they wont need to if they can get 4-5 yards every play. Those 8-12 play drives really kills a defense's unity, intensity, and mental. People start blaming each other and blah blah, who really knows until the first game.

BTW anyone know Coalfields Schedule this year?

QUOTE(Rook2 @ Apr 20 2007 - 01:05 PM) 826441856[/snapback]yea right there wont be any passing game. coalfield is all about runnin the ball. i feel sorry for melton he aint gonna get any passes this year.

Are you sure? I haven't seen him throw anything but a baseball lately. Spring practice is still about three weeks away. We can see then if it is stronger. But as Fearbong says there are other things to compensate for a not so strong arm. The weapons are still there, I'm telling you. They have speed and strength coupled with some experience. William Arms returns at D-end and he was a bookend of Brandon Davis at that position, a mirror image on size, speed, and strength. He didn't get TSWA All State for nothing.