Coalfield

jkk#22

QUOTE(grizzly @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826437051[/snapback]This may be one of the most absurd things that I have ever heard! Anyone who knows Coalfield, knows that statement is bogus. The Indians have been "owned" by the Jackets for a while now! Coach Lambert has a ton of respect for Gary Kries and his staff. Last year's game was a hard fought classic, but again the team that knew how to win close games WON! That team was Coalfield. Oneida better get back to the things Jim May taught, the first being committed, second hard work, and the third being discipline.

]

very well put T.L. i think you will do like you said though, and give the jackets all they can handle this fall. maybe you will get an oneida streak started.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The region isn't what it was in 02,03,04 where 4-5 teams could have won the region, but I don't think no one has it going into the season like Coalfield had it the past 2 years. Coalfield will have to find play makers, been spoiled the past few years by being able to call a simple run play or a short pass and a kid take it 80 yards. The way it looks now, double team Noah, stack 9 in the box and see what Coalfield has to offer. Also, Coalfield will need a leader to step up and take the team on his back, but I'm not sure who will fill those shoes yet. I look for a lot of hard hitting from Coalfield though, just don't see anyone they have being able to take it the distants on anyplay (right now).

What is everyones thought about the region this year? I honestly have no idea from 1st-last. Harriman, have they found any heart yet to complete the total 1A package they got down there? I heard Midway had a good little running back, Oneida will be well coached. Oakdale got a new coach, Sunbright what do they have? Greenbak got anything back?

QUOTE(fearbong @ Apr 15 2007 - 11:27 PM) 826438338[/snapback]The region isn't what it was in 02,03,04 where 4-5 teams could have won the region, but I don't think no one has it going into the season like Coalfield had it the past 2 years. Coalfield will have to find play makers, been spoiled the past few years by being able to call a simple run play or a short pass and a kid take it 80 yards. The way it looks now, double team Noah, stack 9 in the box and see what Coalfield has to offer. Also, Coalfield will need a leader to step up and take the team on his back, but I'm not sure who will fill those shoes yet. I look for a lot of hard hitting from Coalfield though, just don't see anyone they have being able to take it the distants on anyplay (right now).

What is everyones thought about the region this year? I honestly have no idea from 1st-last. Harriman, have they found any heart yet to complete the total 1A package they got down there? I heard Midway had a good little running back, Oneida will be well coached. Oakdale got a new coach, Sunbright what do they have? Greenbak got anything back?

Midway-a good LITTLE running back? HAHA!! hope your not talkin about Ray Robinson..hes anything but little.

I am not sure how Coalfield will be this year. But I am a Hampton fan that travled down last yaer. I would like to thank all the Coalfield people for being extremely hospitable. You guys should be proud of how your team and fans acted off the field. When we played Friendship I saw quite a few Coalfield fans there rooting us on. I hope you guys can make it back to Hampton this year so we can return the favor.

That was one of the hardest hitting games I have seen. All clean hits too. Both teams showed respect for each other. Rare to see.

QUOTE(fearbong @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:03 AM) 826417275[/snapback]Coalfield QB position will be the biggest problem they will face on the field. They have some kids that are good high school players to fill most of the positions, but they will lack the game-breakers and some big play ability they had the past few years. BTW their record from last years graduating class was this I think

2003 W-6 L-4. Should have been 11-2 win season easily.

2004 W-10 L-4 Beat 2 teams that beat them in play-offs, should have been 13-1.

2005 W-11 L-2 Injuries against OSHS gave them 1 loss, should have been 12-1.

2006 W-12 L-1 To many misstakes gave them loss in 3rd round.

So, 4 yeas they went 39-9.

they might have been 39-9 the past 4 years but know they dont have brandon davis or a couple other solid athletes but they wont go as deep this year they are goin to b young like wartburg but wartburg has ALOT of talent comin from the middle school and they have some starters comin in. they all are bustin their butt in the weight room and runnin to get in perfect shape to help them in the season since they are playin better teams than coalfield is.that ha alot to do with record.

QUOTE(fearbong @ Apr 16 2007 - 01:27 AM) 826438338[/snapback]The region isn't what it was in 02,03,04 where 4-5 teams could have won the region, but I don't think no one has it going into the season like Coalfield had it the past 2 years. Coalfield will have to find play makers, been spoiled the past few years by being able to call a simple run play or a short pass and a kid take it 80 yards. The way it looks now, double team Noah, stack 9 in the box and see what Coalfield has to offer. Also, Coalfield will need a leader to step up and take the team on his back, but I'm not sure who will fill those shoes yet. I look for a lot of hard hitting from Coalfield though, just don't see anyone they have being able to take it the distants on anyplay (right now).

I'm not from Greenback, but was by there yesterday and they were on the field. Not sure if it was the whole team or not, if it was, they were small in number and in size. Will probably struggle again this year, still trying to adapt to new coach's philosophy and game plan.

QUOTE(little_reggie5 @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826440271[/snapback]they might have been 39-9 the past 4 years but know they dont have brandon davis or a couple other solid athletes but they wont go as deep this year they are goin to b young like wartburg but wartburg has ALOT of talent comin from the middle school and they have some starters comin in. they all are bustin their butt in the weight room and runnin to get in perfect shape to help them in the season since they are playin better teams than coalfield is.that ha alot to do with record.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but lil reggie I really don't think wartburg would have done any better the past couple of years if they played the same schedule as Coalfield.

I don't know if it was coaching or talent or whatever, but for the last few years Wartburg has been way down.

I hope you guys win some games this year, but it is going to take a whole lot more than all of this "young talent" you keep speaking of.

griz, that was spoken like a true coach.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Coalfield will figure out a way to lessen the sting of their departing class, and if they do fall off a year, here or there, I've seen it happen everywhere. Maryville isn't the rule, they are an exception. I remember when teams were terrified of traveling down to Sequatchie Co. with that Indian embedding that blazing spear in the ground. (didn't win a game last year, and prospects for this year ain't much better) Heck, that little pre-game ritual used to scare the pants off of some teams! My point is everybody is going to hit a rough patch over time. Coalfield might just "dis" everyone and kick kabooty! I'm sure we'll all know by the middle of September now, huh?!?! Hope preparations are going well for all teams that are getting "Hampton ready". /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Kaz