Coalfield

jkk#22

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 1 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826449312[/snapback]Sorry for not knowing my history on the subject. I do know that there is only one instance (i think) of a region 1 or 2 team making it to the burro and then they lost to i thought ezell.

That would have been Cloudland in 2001/2002 season. They are from Region 1A. So you are at least correct on the Region, just not the school.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826448707[/snapback]You didn't step on a nerve. You spoke the truth. What I resent is an attempted put down by a semi-literate mouthbreather. As for the "talent being in the South" you just proved your own statement wrong. Maryville and Alcoa are in our area, and our County Seat H.S. (the only school above A in Morgan Co.) is in Alcoa's region. South is toward SP, north to the Roane Co. line.

Yeah, our talent is spread out. We only have approximately 100 boys in the whole school and still compete year in and year out. Something a lot of A schools find very difficult. The leaders in that league change from year to year but Coalfield is somewhere in the mix every year. In otherwords, single A champions have changed regularly over the years, unlike AA and AAAA with the two teams you mention. The law of averages will play to Coalfield's advantage sometime.

As Fearbong said, Coalfield was the only private school left in '04, much like Hampton was this year. So I guess one could say that they were the public school champions those years, should the split have been in place those years.

You don't understand, I was just say what I see when I watch football games regions 1A and 2A. The teams have 1 really good player , maybe 2. When the question is asked why nobody has the answer. Someone will say it is the size of the school,

but it comes down to one thing develope your player at a younger age, get you high schools players to help the pop warner

kids,so the youth does make the same mistakes that player made 20 years agp, and remeber at no time did I ever call you

or your teams a name, all I stated was facts.

QUOTE(CYJacket @ May 1 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826449322[/snapback]That would have been Cloudland in 2001/2002 season. They are from Region 1A. So you are at least correct on the Region, just not the school.

I am sorry about missing the school on that one...

QUOTE(MULEDOG @ May 1 2007 - 07:22 PM) 826449408[/snapback]You don't understand, I was just say what I see when I watch football games regions 1A and 2A. The teams have 1 really good player , maybe 2. Someone will say it is the size of the school,

but it comes down to one thing develope your player at a younger age, get you high schools players to help the pop warner

kids,so the youth does make the same mistakes that player made 20 years agp, and remeber at no time did I ever call you

or your teams a name, all I stated was facts.

I don't think these teams have a problem competing with teams in other regions because of thier athletes. When FCS played hampton and when Trousdale played Hampton, it was a hampton team that lined up in almost all double-tight fullback sets and just tried to pound the ball. And then on defense they were used to having teams try and do the same thing they were not used to teams spreading out with four and five wide. It is the old way football used to be played vs. the west coast offense sets.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 1 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826449518[/snapback]I am sorry about missing the school on that one...

I don't think these teams have a problem competing with teams in other regions because of thier athletes. When FCS played hampton and when Trousdale played Hampton, it was a hampton team that lined up in almost all double-tight fullback sets and just tried to pound the ball. And then on defense they were used to having teams try and do the same thing they were not used to teams spreading out with four and five wide. It is the old way football used to be played vs. the west coast offense sets.

Coalfield has been loaded with athletes for a good while. The only season they have not made the playoffs since 1986 was 2003 on a fluke. They usually have one stand out, with the others playing supporting roles (very important) but make no mistake about it, unless you prepare for their scheme they are tough. Hampton prepares well against them. Hampton is a team in the last two years that just lines it up and says stop us if you can. Most teams couldn't Coalfield and FCS gave them the best run at that this year. FCS was better at it.

The size of school does matter. It boils down to available players, with real play maker ability. A school like Coalfield is limited to students in the area. That area consists of a population of about 2000 people. They are a public school limited to students they are required to serve. They really cannot pick and chose who is on the team. This year was different. There were 50+ students on the team, look for that many this year, they do not have to pick with 50% of the male student body on the team.

Region 2A is the toughest region in the Eastern part of the State. They usually knock each other off, and beat and bang each other before the playoffs. With teams like Greenback, Oneida, and Coalfield as historically strong programs. Add Midway and Harriman and you have five storied programs that have won State championships, and untold playoff appearances. There are only two schools that stand out more in A ball and that would be SPitt and Tdale. Hampton and Cloudland are perenials up East

but Hampton like Coalfield has not made it to Middle yet. Cloudland previously discussed.

In 2a both Greenback and Oneida have gold balls so yeah, Region 2a is tougher than you think. Especially in the regular season when they beat up on each other. By the time playoffs come about, the troops begin to get thin based on, you guessed it, school size. None of those above schools have over 325 students usually.

Wow, Cyjacket. you seem to know an awful lot about coalfield and really the east regions in general.

Why is it that you think only one team has bean able to break through region 3 and 4 and make it to the burro? (i am refering strictly to 1A).

I have heard some people say that the east is just not as talents (again in 1A) as middle but i don't really think that one area could be consistently less or more talented than another.

One theory says that the middle plays tougher games adn because of that is more ready for the big games like a semi-final where most of region 1 and 2 games are two scores 1 way or the other.

The only reason i could possibly believe is that it is in method of play. Does every team in region 1 and 2 play the old school power I "here we come" football??? That would make the semi-final game a game of "old school clock control team vs. West coast offense team".

Really i just want to know your oppinion on it.

QUOTE(fearbong @ Apr 22 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826443143[/snapback]I said you *if* you give Coalfield 2x the athletes which would put them still under 400 kids, in whole school. They could compete easily in that region. Alcoa is just another level, top 5 best coach in the state and more kids going D1 then any other high school I know of. Loudon is really good also and would beat Coalfield more times then not, but the other schools Coalfield would easily complete against year in and year out. The past 3 years Coalfield would have made play-offs no doubt. That region normally had a team in the state championship anyways, by far the hardest region in 2A, and a few years ago, Coalfield's region over all was maybe the hardest in 1A with 5 teams that could beat each other on any night. The 4th team went and beat the #1 team in the state while the 4th team cheated the beat the 5th team with .8 seconds on the clock.

hahaha, i cant believe you still havent gotten over that Hensley. For the record, you guys would not have beaten Cloudland. Not that it matters, we both got the snot knocked out of us against Boyd.

QUOTE(CoachLogan74 @ May 2 2007 - 02:15 AM) 826449686[/snapback]hahaha, i cant believe you still havent gotten over that Hensley. For the record, you guys would not have beaten Cloudland. Not that it matters, we both got the snot knocked out of us against Boyd.

Logan you can't believe it? Come on he was a 16 year old kid at the time, playing an important game in his high school career. It may become less important over the years as he gets older and other experiences take the place of this situation. It hasn't happened yet because he hasn't had a lot of those experiences yet. But he will always remember it like most of those guys will.

You have been around kids long enough to know that when they see this stuff happen it sticks with them a long time. Mistreat a kid, or even give them a feeling of being mistreated, it will stick in their crawl. Can't really blame him for this feeling. It was a game he played hard every down like most of those kids on that team. When that happens it is hard to "just get over."

Glad you folks could go on to the forth round that year, in what your third year of having football program? We will never know if Coalfield would have been beaten in that next round, that appeared to be predetermined by an official that had to keep a clock in the press box as opposed to the field where it should have been allowing him to properly see his signals from the Ref.. Hope you guys spent just a little money to move that control to the field.

If we won that game, it would have put us 3rd, not 4th I think. Also, I will remember the last 1:00 of that game for the rest of my life. Who knows what could have happened if we won, because our team never played our best game all year. It is something that I will always look back and say "what if". I would have broken 1000yards, maybe even been recruited different. Just never know, but I'm pretty happy were I am now /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

Logan, I'm not sure if I know who you are or not. Should I?

QUOTE(fearbong @ May 2 2007 - 06:35 PM) 826450257[/snapback]If we won that game, it would have put us 3rd, not 4th I think. Also, I will remember the last 1:00 of that game for the rest of my life. Who knows what could have happened if we won, because our team never played our best game all year. It is something that I will always look back and say "what if". I would have broken 1000yards, maybe even been recruited different. Just never know, but I'm pretty happy were I am now /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

Logan, I'm not sure if I know who you are or not. Should I?

is this hensly ,,,were are you playing now ,,your were awesome and i alway's looked up to you,,keep up the hard work in college go bobcats