Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

Compared to other high schools in the state and around the country everyone in this conference looks like a middle school team.

Oh ya…well some of us are taking steps to improve the level of competitiveness with the rest of the state. But I can assure you that continuing to schedule 2A teams when you play in a 4A conference is not going to get you there. (hint, hint)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I mean honestly who is on tnaughtys level?... thats like saying hes on michael jordans level

Middle schooler? Oh, my bad, we are talking athletic ability. He lost his credibilty with DB fans with his sideline tirade with another DB player during a game. Another case of "Injun Gone Wild".

yeah Graham used to adjust the playbook every year according to the strengths of the team, but ever since he opened up the passing offense with Duran he hasn't really gone back, and passing is NOT this team's strength. They need to have a much more balanced or run-heavy offense than they have had in recent years but it doesnt look like thats going to happen right now.

I disagree completely with you.This year's team can pass the ball as any team in the past.Both Ring and Crawford can pass.They just need receivers to throw to who can catch the ball.If not for Sensabaugh,Throp,Hayes,and some others Burton would not have completed half his passes.They made him look good.Not trying to cut anybody down,but this team can pass.Don't know where you getting that.We do need to get the running game back into the offense,last year in the playoffs proved that.

plowboy i dont see what your sayin when you say that bart and jc can throw as good as bo or duran. yeah they both had great WRs but bart and jc combined probably dont have the arm strength that duran had i know that cause i have caught balls from all three and bo has alot more arm strength and accuracy than both of them. they can throw little short passes but they dont have the deep ball ability bo and duran had. graham needs to run the ball alot with hogg sly and last years freshman running back i cant remember his name. and you better hope that this years conference dont have any good RBs cause our defense is looking weak

plowboy i dont see what your sayin when you say that bart and jc can throw as good as bo or duran. yeah they both had great WRs but bart and jc combined probably dont have the arm strength that duran had i know that cause i have caught balls from all three and bo has alot more arm strength and accuracy than both of them. they can throw little short passes but they dont have the deep ball ability bo and duran had. graham needs to run the ball alot with hogg sly and last years freshman running back i cant remember his name. and you better hope that this years conference dont have any good RBs cause our defense is looking weak

I am told that Science Hill's running back Solomon Duanah is 5'9", 205 lbs, squats 505 lbs, bench presses 335 lbs and runs the 40 in 4.5! That sounds a bit scary for everyone in the conference not just DB.

plowboy2,

A good lesson on here is to not attempt to build up a player or team by running down another (obviously that is a good life lesson, in general)...Bo Burton and Duran Ferguson both proved their worth on the field...they both had truly outstanding careers...I hope the two young men competing at the QB job for D-B can both have the same said about them...

and by the way, Bo didn't throw to Purple Hayes...but he did to Sensabaugh and Throp...

Roll Tribe Roll

plowboy2,

A good lesson on here is to not attempt to build up a player or team by running down another (obviously that is a good life lesson, in general)...Bo Burton and Duran Ferguson both proved their worth on the field...they both had truly outstanding careers...I hope the two young men competing at the QB job for D-B can both have the same said about them...

and by the way, Bo didn't throw to Purple Hayes...but he did to Sensabaugh and Throp...

Roll Tribe Roll

Excuse me there Mr.skunk.I was not trying to run down any player or team.If you look at my post Duran's name was not mentioned.He was in a class by himself.A great player.And I was not building up any players just replying to a couple peoples comments on this thread,who are living in the past comparing players and arm strenghts.Comon,they haven't even played yet.This team might surprise a few people.Last year was DB's year to go to the state period.End of story!Roll Tribe Roll

plowboy2,

You stated that without the receivers you listed (again, one incorrectly listed) Burton "wouldn't have completed half his passes...they made him look good"...that would be running down a player...that is a slam...that is a derogatory comment and is not needed...and it is far from true...Bo had real good receivers in Sensabaugh and Throp, but he was an outstanding QB (all three made first team All Big East and All NET, so others saw their level of skill)...

and hey, thanks for the "Mr.", I appreciate the respect.

I do agree with you that this D-B team may surprise some people...kind of like the basketball team, year before last everyone said they would be the worst D-B team ever and they weren't...this year's bunch hasn't even put pads on yet, we all should be patient...there are good athletes and good kids on this team, who only lack experience...

Roll Tribe Roll