Temple

fargen01

I heard that Chastain claims that the accusations against him are false and that the kids he allegedly recruited are prepared to give statements in his defense to the principal. I'll bet that he is re-instated in the next few days.

Anybody in their right mind knows Temple would never go out of their way to pick up a good athelete.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So other than the statement that IOWNYOU is very knowledgeable about the situation, has anyone heard anything else? Did the coach meet with the principal today like he said he wanted to do in the paper last week?

This is the word that I have heard from someone that should know. The tssaa received a letter informing them about rule infractions going on at Temple, and I was told that this is a quote from Ronnie Carter " that it was the best and most profesional letter he had ever seen about rule infractions. Pastuer I know you are a big Temple fan but this is not about coach Chastain having words with the administration. But the truth and fair play should be the most important thing coming out of a Christian school not wining at the cost of their testimony, and the infractions do involve ilegal participation.

The difference is that our transfers sat out to be eligible. Have you ever heard of of Temple transfer sitting out? No, they transfer and play!

siverdalefan just setting out a year does not make it ok to recruit players. The question you need ask yourself is how did all these new players come to be at siverdale? Did someone ask them to transfer there, I will answer that question for you yes they did. I would also ask you to ask yourself is it likely that a kid tranfering from Howard would he or his family be able to afford the $6000.00 tuition fee.

siverdalefan just setting out a year does not make it ok to recruit players. The question you need ask yourself is how did all these new players come to be at siverdale? Did someone ask them to transfer there, I will answer that question for you yes they did. I would also ask you to ask yourself is it likely that a kid tranfering from Howard would he or his family be able to afford the $6000.00 tuition fee.

For $6000 they should be teaching an ethics class. Oh yeah they are.

This is the word that I have heard from someone that should know. The tssaa received a letter informing them about rule infractions going on at Temple, and I was told that this is a quote from Ronnie Carter " that it was the best and most profesional letter he had ever seen about rule infractions. Pastuer I know you are a big Temple fan but this is not about coach Chastain having words with the administration. But the truth and fair play should be the most important thing coming out of a Christian school not wining at the cost of their testimony, and the infractions do involve ilegal participation.

Who told you?

TNT is exactly right. IN checkin out my "sources" this dude must have some real inside connections, because what he said is what is the real word. The tssaa wind is blowin and it is headed for Highland Park and what I also hear is that they ain't in the mood for a temple song and dance...confess, lighter punishment, don't confess, then "it" is going to hit the fan. What fatchance can't get a solid word on is exactly what was done wrong, I know that the coach who got fired is in the center of the bullseye but does anyone know what the charges will be? Oh maybe we should just all wait and see it would all just be speculation anyway...but I do have to say I got some pity for temple and you hate to see stuff like this for the kids sake.

a question. If the fb program gets in trouble, will that apply to the bb team as well, or will it just be for the one? one dude said the punishement would only be no post season for the fb team for two years, well what kind of punishment is that, it aint like they were goin to make the playoffs in the next two years anyway. Just wonderin.

Who told you?

zonepirate, sorry but I am not at liberty to say who, but in time Iam sure more of this will come out. I think the two players from C.S.A.S who participated in spring practice and in a spring game is the main reason this all got started. Because that is major vilation to have a player or players while they are inrolled at another school participate with your school even if it is just practice.

TNT is exactly right. IN checkin out my "sources" this dude must have some real inside connections, because what he said is what is the real word. The tssaa wind is blowin and it is headed for Highland Park and what I also hear is that they ain't in the mood for a temple song and dance...confess, lighter punishment, don't confess, then "it" is going to hit the fan. What fatchance can't get a solid word on is exactly what was done wrong, I know that the coach who got fired is in the center of the bullseye but does anyone know what the charges will be? Oh maybe we should just all wait and see it would all just be speculation anyway...but I do have to say I got some pity for temple and you hate to see stuff like this for the kids sake.

a question. If the fb program gets in trouble, will that apply to the bb team as well, or will it just be for the one? one dude said the punishement would only be no post season for the fb team for two years, well what kind of punishment is that, it aint like they were goin to make the playoffs in the next two years anyway. Just wonderin.

I here they may even look back over the last couple of years, some questions about the two transfers that they had last year that could even involve the basketball team. Some of the questions are about the transfers not paying the tuition.

I think that regardless of what they come up with that they recruit enough with their college plan. Every year you attend high school at Tennessee Temple Academy you get a free year of college at Tennessee Temple University. That is recruiting is it not?

If that offer was only made to athletes that would be a problem. But it's not.

If that offer was only made to athletes that would be a problem. But it's not.

The website says that starting in 7th grade every year that a child attends tennessee temple academy (maximum of four years) they will recieve the same amount of years in free tuition at Tennessee Temple University, provided that they graduate from Tennessee Temple Academy. I understand that they don't give it to just athletes, but DII schools don't give academic scholarships to athletes either and they are forced into DII.

Tennessee Temple's "Got College??" plan

The website says that starting in 7th grade every year that a child attends tennessee temple academy (maximum of four years) they will recieve the same amount of years in free tuition at Tennessee Temple University, provided that they graduate from Tennessee Temple Academy. I understand that they don't give it to just athletes, but DII schools don't give academic scholarships to athletes either and they are forced into DII.

Tennessee Temple's "Got College??" plan

The bottom line is that Temple students don't get tuition breaks bases on their athleticism. TTA tries to lure kids to their school with the "Got College" program, just like other schools try to entice kids with exceptional facilities, academics, and other programs.