UNAKA FOOTBALL 2007

AsIs

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OIHATETHEM2 @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826446847[/snapback]Well, incase you didn't know, here is the article.

"Mother pickets schools’ office over teacher’s alleged conduct

Barbara Cole protests in front of the Carter County School System’s Central Office building on Thursday. (Tony Duncan / Johnson City Press)

By John Thompson

Elizabethton Bureau Chief

jthompson@johnsoncitypress.com

ELIZABETHTON — A mother is picketing the Carter County School System’s Central Office this week, protesting the lack of disciplinary action taken against a teacher she says has acted inappropriately toward her daughter.

“I am a parent and I want to protect my child,” Barbara Cole said Thursday as she waved a cardboard sign at passing motorists.

Cole did not identify herself and would not divulge the name of the teacher, but she said she first complained to the school system about the behavior in November.

The Johnson City Press learned from other sources that the accused teacher is former Hampton High School boys basketball coach Mark McClain, who teaches at a different school. McClain stepped down from his post at the end of this season. McClain is the son of Board of Education Chairman Bobby McClain.

After her earlier complaints, Cole said she was told the teacher had been given a verbal reprimand and told not to have any contact with her daughter by any means. Cole said she wanted to check out his personnel file to make sure the reprimand was there, but said she has not been permitted to examine the record. Cole said the teacher showed his arrogance of authority by once again coming to her daughter’s school this week.

She said McClain has also recently given her daughter gifts. One of the gifts was a small Ty Bear holding a bouquet of flowers. It had an attached card that said “because I would like you to be just as happy as you make me, I brought this pretty bouquet so it will brighten your day.”

“I am not just concerned for my child but every child,” Cole said. “He has shown himself to be insubordinate and defiant.”

After complaining to the school system, Cole also went to the Carter County Sheriff’s Department, where she talked to Investigator Randy Bowers. Bowers began an investigation and also put her in contact with the district attorney general’s office.

“This protest is not something I had planned to do. I tried to handle this in a professional manner, but I want my daughter to be safe and if I have to stand out here for a month, I will.”

Director of Schools Dallas Williams said he was sympathetic with Cole’s fears.

“I understand the mother’s concern, but at the same time, I have to make difficult decisions that affect employees,” Williams said.

Because McClain is a tenured teacher, Williams said he needs facts before deciding on whether he has done anything wrong and whether to dismiss or discipline him. Williams said there are two ongoing investigations and he will make his decision based on their results. One is by the sheriff’s department and the second is by the state Department of Children’s Services.

He has been told he should get the results next week.

This is the second time that the sheriff’s department has investigated McClain. Earlier this year, the department looked into Cole’s earlier complaints and said it found no evidence of criminal misconduct."

This is from the Elizabethton Star yesterday.

"The mother said her daughter also had received gifts from her former teacher. Of those was a blue stuffed animal she showed during her protest Wednesday. " At the bottom of the page is a link that shows the picture that was in the paper of the 'alleged bear'.

Do you still not see anything going on bad @ Hampton. Could the new power swing soon been be going to Cloudland, because what parent would want their student involved in this mess. Their can't be any learning going on. I wonder what the transfers parents think now. I know what I'd be thinking, MAROON. Maybe the other basketball coach was right for getting out of there when he did. I wonder what he knew about or saw for that matter?

Send your kids to Cloudland they have the best school and leadership in the county.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Apr 28 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826447519[/snapback]You've got it backwards. IF it were anyone else OTHER than Bob McClain's, he would be visiting the unemployment office every week looking for a job, AND probably be in court. NUFF SAID

Just like the Alliance 34 said that this sh?t is getting old. The man went to court and was found NOT guilty. Plus this stuff going on know about her mom, coming up with some more stuff about him doing things, I believe is false. I mean if she wasn't satisfied with the results of the whole thing, then she should have gone and appealed the case and had it trialed again. I think that she is just trying to get some money out of the whole deal. But the case is all and done with so all of this speculation should all be done with.

QUOTE(zebra25 @ Apr 26 2007 - 04:59 PM) 826446186[/snapback]I think Unaka is on the right track but i also think we are doing much more offseason work than in the past few years we have some very good players who played alot last year and i see no reason this cant be the season that we regain the top spot in our district

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha man laughing at you people from the creek never gets old. All of you always are saying the same old stuff. It is always saying that unaka is going to be the dominant team in the district. News flash for the whole creeker area. Unaka stinks and will always stink. I don't see Unaka having a chance being dominant in the district 10 to 20 years from know.lol The only thing that I see for this year is them barely making the playoffs for this year and getting spanked in the first round on the road. I bet ensor is setting some where trying to come up with a way to use the Unaka flop on the football field.lol Hey guess what this is football, this is a game where all you can get is flags. So there isn't any fouls for knocking the sh?t out of someone. But there is one thing that Unaka should be used to is laying on there back because that is where they will be every play of the game getting that a?s spanked.

QUOTE(HAMPTON @ Apr 29 2007 - 01:05 PM) 826447853[/snapback]Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha man laughing at you people from the creek never gets old. All of you always are saying the same old stuff. It is always saying that unaka is going to be the dominant team in the district. News flash for the whole creeker area. Unaka stinks and will always stink. I don't see Unaka having a chance being dominant in the district 10 to 20 years from know.lol The only thing that I see for this year is them barely making the playoffs for this year and getting spanked in the first round on the road. I bet ensor is setting some where trying to come up with a way to use the Unaka flop on the football field.lol Hey guess what this is football, this is a game where all you can get is flags. So there isn't any fouls for knocking the sh?t out of someone. But there is one thing that Unaka should be used to is laying on there back because that is where they will be every play of the game getting that a?s spanked.

zebra25 is from Cloudland. If you would just look at heir posts you would relize it. Of course, that would take some actual thought and intelligence, and Lord knows you arent' going to find that from about 97% of people from Hampton... Seems all ya'll know to do over there there is play football and hit on little girls.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Apr 29 2007 - 01:18 PM) 826447900[/snapback]zebra25 is from Cloudland. If you would just look at heir posts you would relize it. Of course, that would take some actual thought and intelligence, and Lord knows you arent' going to find that from about 97% of people from Hampton... Seems all ya'll know to do over there there is play football and hit on little girls.

Well Well Well know crazzyness. So you want to talk about intelligence, so you tell me where some of your former players are now from Unaka. I think that I see alot of there names in the Elizabethton Star Under Police Beats.lol

QUOTE(RangerCountry @ Apr 29 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826448104[/snapback]Every school in this county is infested with drugs so I dont want to here that bologna. I also don't believe its any of your business what us from Unaka talk about since this is a UNAKA thread and another thing you might want to start training instead of running your mouth since it sounds like your a player.

lol you probably would think that every school in carter county is infested with drugs since thats all you have ever known and been around. and since this is a unaka thread. why dont youall start talking about unaka's sorry program instead of what is going on in hampton. haha someone from unaka telling someone from hampton that that they need to train, thats priceless. i think you need to go try to get those act and gateway scores up buddy /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(HAMPTON @ Apr 29 2007 - 11:05 AM) 826447853[/snapback]Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha man laughing at you people from the creek never gets old. All of you always are saying the same old stuff. It is always saying that unaka is going to be the dominant team in the district. News flash for the whole creeker area. Unaka stinks and will always stink. I don't see Unaka having a chance being dominant in the district 10 to 20 years from know.lol The only thing that I see for this year is them barely making the playoffs for this year and getting spanked in the first round on the road. I bet ensor is setting some where trying to come up with a way to use the Unaka flop on the football field.lol Hey guess what this is football, this is a game where all you can get is flags. So there isn't any fouls for knocking the sh?t out of someone. But there is one thing that Unaka should be used to is laying on there back because that is where they will be every play of the game getting that a?s spanked.

Just keep talking trash!!!Cant wait till the season...To bad i aint able to play

Looks like the Bulldogs are defending their position an the whole court case. However they can harp on Unaka however they want. They dont realixe drugs are everywhere and at every school, not just Unaka. And contrary to popular belief, They're arent coaches who prey on children everywhere, no other school in the conference has that. Maybe that is something Hampton should be proud of.

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 29 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826448064[/snapback]youall are the last people that should be calling another school unintellegent. unaka has had the lowest act and gateway scores in the county for the past five years, and youall are infested with drugs. i'd be real proud if i were youall!

NOW NOW NOW, you might want to watch where you are going with this one! (STUDY HALL)aka NO GATEWAY class, / WEIGHT LIFTING ,I think you know what I mean. It would be in your best interest to stay away from the class room(no pun intended) on this one, Hampton don't need the "higher ups "looking into this also. Blue ribbon school, give me a break. Unaka's test scores are at least LEGAL!!!!!!!!!