The best Single A town.

shutout

Yeah, but I wouldn't call Chattanooga a town. It's a city. Single A ball is the last one out of town turns out the lights. Single A ball is the whole community getting behind their team. Town and school are synonymous.

Chattanooga might have the best single A talent in the tournament. Not the same.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhmmm.....

Maybe you smarty pants posters should read the opening comments by the thread originator:

"Well I guess it is obvious by now that Chattanooga is by far the best single A basketball town. Temple, Csas. both in the finals and then throw in Chattanooga Christian and is it Grace? nobody really close over all this year. Congrats for another outstanding year.

QUOTE(travellin_man @ Mar 16 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826414670[/snapback]i have to add a reply here. there is no way in the world that chattanooga is the best single A town. when you are single A, you are small. you need a hometown type feel...not a big city. i'm not going to say that culleoka is the best, but when a whole town gets behind a team...when a whole town shows up on game nights...when a whole town ask off work to go to a milestone game...those are the characteristics of a good town. culleoka is that town.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(travellin_man @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826414670[/snapback]i have to add a reply here. there is no way in the world that chattanooga is the best single A town. when you are single A, you are small. you need a hometown type feel...not a big city. i'm not going to say that culleoka is the best, but when a whole town gets behind a team...when a whole town shows up on game nights...when a whole town ask off work to go to a milestone game...those are the characteristics of a good town. culleoka is that town.

i was under the impression that the best single a town was talking about talent not crowds. i mean, talent really is what usually wins the games.

Ok guys. Way to take one word and switch it to fit your opinion.

Chattanooga wins without a dout. The past several years has been Grace and Temple. Now we add CSAS in the mix. Before 2 years ago you had Chattanooga Christian.

Where else are you going to find a place that can boast something like this?

Edit: I found something on Chattanoogan.com

Region 3 History: (since 1998)

1998 Temple lost in champioinship

1999 CCS lost in semifinals

2000 Lookout Valley lost in semifinals

2001 CCS won state title

2002 Temple wins state title

2003 Temple wins state title

2004 Grace lost in champoinship, Temple lost in semifinals

2006 Grace lost in championship

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826414742[/snapback]Ok guys. Way to take one word and switch it to fit your opinion.

Chattanooga wins without a dout. The past several years has been Grace and Temple. Now we add CSAS in the mix. Before 2 years ago you had Chattanooga Christian.

Where else are you going to find a place that can boast something like this?

Edit: I found something on Chattanoogan.com

Region 3 History: (since 1998)

1998 Temple lost in champioinship

1999 CCS lost in semifinals

2000 Lookout Valley lost in semifinals

2001 CCS won state title

2002 Temple wins state title

2003 Temple wins state title

2004 Grace lost in champoinship, Temple lost in semifinals

2006 Grace lost in championship

Someone needs to add the Single A Mr. Basketball history to that list.

QUOTE(shutout @ Mar 16 2007 - 06:19 PM) 826414561[/snapback]Well I guess it is obvious by now that Chattanooga is by far the best single A basketball town. Temple, Csas. both in the finals and then throw in Chattanooga Christian and is it Grace? nobody really close over all this year. Congrats for another outstanding year.

I wouldn`t really call Chattanooga a "single A town". A typical SingleA town is a small town that only has one school.