Maryville AAA State Champions!

Rebel96

Yea, kind of dumb. In football, usually a player that is on a state championship contending team gets in like A-Doug, Maples, Warren, Lindsey, or someone like that. I think Chaisson could have gotten it or maybe even a maryville player. I guess that is something to look forward to next year.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(UPSGregg @ Mar 18 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826416177[/snapback]I'm glad to see a bunch of white boys take state in Basketball. LOL. As a CHS grad I felt bad for the Cats. Not just because they lost but more for why they los.t Clarksville High played more minutes in the tourney (116 minutes!) than any other in state tourney history. Plus one of their best players has been playing sick. They looked like they were sleep walking the first half and through most of the third quarter. They weren't driving to the basketball weren't playing defense. I don't think it's amazing that they came back. It just proves how much adrenaline can help. But it wasn't enough. I'd love to see a state tourney that has a break between the semi finals and the final game. I'm pretty sure CHS would have taken it to Maryville in that case. I hate to say it but I believe the state championship was really Clarksville vs. Oakland. Maryville was able to do many things offensively that CHS normally could have held in check had they not but running on fumes. The 3-point shooting God, the blonde headed kid, would not have been aloud to get open that many times. I think the most important thing to remember, despite my thoughts that CHS is the better team, is that Maryville was good enough to take advantage of a whipped team. It was evident that they planned on taking advantage of them because they came out with such flare in the first few minutes. They were able to exploit CHS in the end and that's why they totally deserves the State Championship Trophy. My parents moved to Maryville years ago and I occasionally visit and watch the football team. I came close to moving there with them but decided to stay in Clarksville for job reasons. So it was pretty strange watching the Rebs and Cats play for the title. Very strange.

Can't believe it took more than 12 hours after the final buzzer to get a whine post. Congrats UPS greg....that is one of the better crying post I have read. I might answer a few of your questions but I doubt it would matter. One reason CHS wasn't driving the ball was a kid named Douglas. Eight blocks...several deflects....and a pile of altered shots....that was easy to see. Don't forget....Maryville was without Basile most of the forth and all of the OT's, and Maples for the 2nd OT...two of their best players yet still won....

The better team won last night.....you can whine about it...cry about it....spin it....fanticize....plug the names into your nintendo and play out a CHS win....but the bottom line is the gold ball resides in the Maryville trophy case and the better team won. Don't cheapen the great effort of that incredible CHS team with pitiful pathetic whines....OK?

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826416236[/snapback]so it was a guy from a team that didn't even make playoffs...yeah thats an MVP /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i do think a lot of players would have qualified if that were the case starting w/ some from riverdale that had a great year but yeah those teams last night had some pretty good stand outs & so does oakland /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Actually the kid from Raleigh Egypt was the POY in class 3A. Jordan Damron was the tournament MVP.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:46 PM) 826416244[/snapback]

Can't believe it took more than 12 hours after the final buzzer to get a whine post. Congrats UPS greg....that is one of the better crying post I have read. I might answer a few of your questions but I doubt it would matter. One reason CHS wasn't driving the ball was a kid named Douglas. Eight blocks...several deflects....and a pile of altered shots....that was easy to see. Don't forget....Maryville was without Basile most of the forth and all of the OT's, and Maples for the 2nd OT...two of their best players yet still won....

The better team won last night.....you can whine about it...cry about it....spin it....fanticize....plug the names into your nintendo and play out a CHS win....but the bottom line is the gold ball resides in the Maryville trophy case and the better team won. Don't cheapen the great effort of that incredible CHS team with pitiful pathetic whines....OK?

You would make it out to be a whine..........Now as far as the game; I am not a fan for either side so being completely objective here. The 3-OT game against Oakland highly contributed to the win for the Rebels; a majority of the shots from the field and at the free throw line were coming up short. That is clear evidence of fatigue; that combined w/ a much bigger and physically stronger Maryville team should have spelled disaster for Clarksville. However, they showed alot of heart and grit to make a ball game out of it. It was a shame they had to lose on a last second shot thrown up like that after such an effort. Not taking anything away from the Rebs; they are a great team who deserves to be the state champs. I also believe Clarksville is just as deserving even though they came up short.

QUOTE(Kevin38 @ Mar 18 2007 - 06:19 PM) 826416591[/snapback]You would make it out to be a whine..........Now as far as the game; I am not a fan for either side so being completely objective here. The 3-OT game against Oakland highly contributed to the win for the Rebels; a majority of the shots from the field and at the free throw line were coming up short. That is clear evidence of fatigue; that combined w/ a much bigger and physically stronger Maryville team should have spelled disaster for Clarksville. However, they showed alot of heart and grit to make a ball game out of it. It was a shame they had to lose on a last second shot thrown up like that after such an effort. Not taking anything away from the Rebs; they are a great team who deserves to be the state champs. I also believe Clarksville is just as deserving even though they came up short.

Are you sure you have an objective opinion about this subject Kevin..... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I guess Basile fouling out with 6 minutes to go in the 4th and Maples leaving in the first over time wasn't a factor?...amazing....just amazing. No question you can parallell CHS's comeback with these events. Seriously....CHS played a one man offensive game when Basile and Maples were gone....Caldwell was it and he almost single handedly won the game. I have watched the tape a couple of times and that was obvious.

As for the winning basket....that was nothing but a sweet 20 foot jumper and definately not a "throw up"....that sentence/statement on that subject alone proves where you are coming from. BTW....Mr Clink is a pure shooter so it's not a surprise nor is it luck that he sunk it...

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 18 2007 - 06:45 PM) 826416613[/snapback]As for the winning basket....that was nothing but a sweet 20 foot jumper and definately not a "throw up"....that sentence/statement on that alone proves where you are coming from. BTW....Mr Clink is a pure shooter so it's not a surprise nor is it luck that he sunk it...

He is a solphmore bro; yeah w/ that kind of pressure in a state title game yeah in my opinion there was a little luck in that shot. Now maybe referring to it as a "throw up" is incorrect but yeah w/ that little of time and people jumping at you yeah there was a little luck there. I honestly didnt feel I was stepping too far over the line one way or the other; some people just take these boards way too seriously. Also deeming me as a Clarksville supporter is dead wrong; I am Springfield guy myself which puts Clarksville down on my support list.

He is a solphmore bro; yeah w/ that kind of pressure in a state title game yeah in my opinion there was a little luck in that shot. Now maybe referring to it as a "throw up" is incorrect but yeah w/ that little of time and people jumping at you yeah there was a little luck there. I honestly didnt feel I was stepping too far over the line one way or the other; some people just take these boards way too seriously. Also deeming me as a Clarksville supporter is dead wrong; I am Springfield guy myself which puts Clarksville down on my support list.

[/quote]

No pressure on Ryan regardless of his grade level. He is as cool as the middle seed of a cucumber. What you need to understand it that Maryville is a school of champions and pressure at the state level is nothing new. It possibly helped that they had a few kids on the roster that already have a fist full of State Championship rings.