Final Knoxville Area Top 10

BBallFan31

Here's the final top 10 teams in the Knoxville area:

1. Maryville- Won the state championship. Enough said.

2. Austin East- Came up short, but had a good year.

3. Fulton- Had a good year this year, but watch out. This team returns almost everybody.

4. Powell- Got hot towards the end of the year, but didn't have the depth to compete at the state tournament level.

5. Farragut- Best year that they have a had in a long time, just had a few problems towards the end of the year.

6. Bearden- Same as Fulton. Returns everybody except one starter for next year. Will be dangerous if they can play together.

7. Halls- Had a good year but fell apart at the end of the year.

8. Loudon- Good year, but they were inexperienced. Will be in the same boat as Fulton and Bearden next year.

9. Pigeon Forge- Playing in a weak district hurt them in the long run.

10. Oak Ridge- Hard to put them in the top 10, but couldn't think of anybody else. Maybe the biggest disappointment of the year. Had a lot of talent, but no outside shooting hurt them.

Glad that an East Tennessee team finally won a gold ball. Saw the game on TV and have to say that the most important player on Maryville's team has to be Aaron Douglas. He has the same affect on a game that Shaq does. Even if he doesn't score he draws a ton of attention in the paint. Damron can shoot the ball extremely well but sometimes (and have seen him play numerous times this year) he is out there to get his points. He plays selfish a lot of the time, but with that said congrats to Maryville and every team that made it to state. The area was well-represented this year.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BBallFan31 @ Mar 18 2007 - 08:42 PM) 826416692[/snapback]Here's the final top 10 teams in the Knoxville area:

1. Maryville- Won the state championship. Enough said.

2. Austin East- Came up short, but had a good year.

3. Fulton- Had a good year this year, but watch out. This team returns almost everybody.

4. Powell- Got hot towards the end of the year, but didn't have the depth to compete at the state tournament level.

5. Farragut- Best year that they have a had in a long time, just had a few problems towards the end of the year.

6. Bearden- Same as Fulton. Returns everybody except one starter for next year. Will be dangerous if they can play together.

7. Halls- Had a good year but fell apart at the end of the year.

8. Loudon- Good year, but they were inexperienced. Will be in the same boat as Fulton and Bearden next year.

9. Pigeon Forge- Playing in a weak district hurt them in the long run.

10. Oak Ridge- Hard to put them in the top 10, but couldn't think of anybody else. Maybe the biggest disappointment of the year. Had a lot of talent, but no outside shooting hurt them.

Glad that an East Tennessee team finally won a gold ball. Saw the game on TV and have to say that the most important player on Maryville's team has to be Aaron Douglas. He has the same affect on a game that Shaq does. Even if he doesn't score he draws a ton of attention in the paint. Damron can shoot the ball extremely well but sometimes (and have seen him play numerous times this year) he is out there to get his points. He plays selfish a lot of the time, but with that said congrats to Maryville and every team that made it to state. The area was well-represented this year.

Your opinion of Damron is way off base. Jordan Damron is a very unselfish player who actually didn't look to score in most games this year. Before the footballers got back with the team, he did shoot quite a bit more out of necessity. When they got back he scaled his offense way back unless the team really needed him to score, like the championship game.

I know Jordan very well and believe me he is not a selfish player. When he shoots a lot, it is out of a desire to help the team and not get his points. If he was really looking to pad his stats, he would have ended up averaging more than 12 or 13 points a game.

IMO, Jordan has proven himself as one of the top point guards in the area( if not the top point guard) and doesn't deserve your little cheap shot about him being selfish.

QUOTE(Flash Gordon @ Mar 18 2007 - 07:07 PM) 826416713[/snapback]Your opinion of Damron is way off base. Jordan Damron is a very unselfish player who actually didn't look to score in most games this year. Before the footballers got back with the team, he did shoot quite a bit more out of necessity. When they got back he scaled his offense way back unless the team really needed him to score, like the championship game.

I know Jordan very well and believe me he is not a selfish player. When he shoots a lot, it is out of a desire to help the team and not get his points. If he was really looking to pad his stats, he would have ended up averaging more than 12 or 13 points a game.

IMO, Jordan has proven himself as one of the top point guards in the area( if not the top point guard) and doesn't deserve your little cheap shot about him being selfish.

Well said Flash. Bballfan31 doesn't give an accurate picture of Jordan's game at all. Jordan could care less if he ever scored as long as his team wins. Saturday night, he reached the point where he HAD to score and he did. Basille had fouled out and Clarksville was just swarming all over Douglas and no one else seemed real eager to step up at that point, so Jordan did what he had to. I didn't see one instance of Damron playing "selfish" the entire week at the Boro.

Bball31..... IMO you are correct about Douglas and wrong about Jordan. Nobody had an answer for Douglas this week. He dominated the paint and shut down all the driving teams thus taking them out of their game and allowing Maryville to match up with every team they faced.

I think Govman said it best. I was just glad Jordan was feeling it and realized it. I think Click is just as pure a shooter as Jordan and hopefully he will look to score more in the future. Alot of maturity in Clink for a Sophomore.

QUOTE(skunk @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826417299[/snapback]Karns has to be in there somewhere.

Roll Tribe Roll

I think Powell has to be second behind Maryville. Powell drilled Fulton at Fulton late in the season. Powell also destroyed A-E in a scrimmage by 20 right before the State Tournament. It wasn't that Powell did not have the depth to do well at State -- Powell simply drew the one team (Oakland) in the tournament that they did not match-up well against. In any event, it was a great year for Powell and Knoxville basketball in general.

Congrats to the Rebels. Worthy Champions!

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Mar 19 2007 - 08:59 AM) 826417393[/snapback]I think Powell has to be second behind Maryville. Powell drilled Fulton at Fulton late in the season. Powell also destroyed A-E in a scrimmage by 20 right before the State Tournament. It wasn't that Powell did not have the depth to do well at State -- Powell simply drew the one team (Oakland) in the tournament that they did not match-up well against. In any event, it was a great year for Powell and Knoxville basketball in general.

Congrats to the Rebels. Worthy Champions!

This is the only time all year Maryville was rated number One and not the Underdog. It helped to play the underdog role in spite

of the fact that many of us knew what they were capable of. Next year they will have to play with the football's teams target on their back. Hopefully Douglas will get his 5th and 6th rings.

QUOTE(BBallFan31 @ Mar 19 2007 - 03:19 PM) 826417757[/snapback]He'll get his fifth, but not his sixth. Memphis area has a lot of good talent and teams in the Class of 2008. Memphis area will return to its usual form and more than likely will win State at 2A and 3A.

I think that the 2A championship winner will be from the East next year. Howard, Austin East, Foulton, or Brainerd

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 18 2007 - 07:54 PM) 826416756[/snapback]I think Click is just as pure a shooter as Jordan and hopefully he will look to score more in the future. Alot of maturity in Clink for a Sophomore.

Great point about Ryan Click MLREB. Ryan will likely never have another "moment" like he had in the state championship game. However, I look for him to have a "breakout" year next year. He has great offensive ability and his basketball IQ is off the charts for a sophomore.