TEMPLE

Green_Acres

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consistency is a must if Temple wants to continue to excel.

Coach Skogen is ready to return to his Church and family

and I commend him for that. Coach Brown is beginning his

career and has proved himself the last two years. It's time

administration realizes we have a winner and hire him.

QUOTE(bedhead @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826418235[/snapback]Consistency is a must if Temple wants to continue to excel.

Coach Skogen is ready to return to his Church and family

and I commend him for that. Coach Brown is beginning his

career and has proved himself the last two years. It's time

administration realizes we have a winner and hire him.

I agree. Greg has proven himself to be a good choice. He has been a "living" interview in progress the last few years. We have actually been able to observe what he is capable of and the administration needs to take note. Coach Wadley said of Greg last year that he thought Greg was probably the best up and coming coach in Chattanooga. Hire him now and let him coach for us and win another gold ball or let him slip through the cracks have to play against him later and lose.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 20 2007 - 08:34 AM) 826418254[/snapback]I agree. Greg has proven himself to be a good choice. He has been a "living" interview in progress the last few years. We have actually been able to observe what he is capable of and the administration needs to take note. Coach Wadley said of Greg last year that he thought Greg was probably the best up and coming coach in Chattanooga. Hire him now and let him coach for us and win another gold ball or let him slip through the cracks have to play against him later and lose.

Like Gofish, I heard Brown is done at Temple, which is unfortunate. I had thought he was using this past year to finish his college and would be ready to take over the program in 2007, but something must have changed.

Temple has been blessed with good coaches in the past, which is amazing to me considering the poor wages they pay. Hopefully the coach they've hired meets the standards of the past despite that.

The last several coaches have been dads and I assume they work something out with tuition and therefor pay has not been a big issue. I am sure Coach Wadley is enjoying his paycheck this year.

It will be hard to pay a good coach a reasonable wage, too many other options out there that pay much better. This is not just an issue at Temple but many other DI privates just don't pay as much as Hamilton County or Georgia.