West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 24 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826421683[/snapback]Ok...OVERALL....not just team v. team....OVERALL IN 1a....what part of the state is the best....don't be telling me east either....CSAS was not good....Culleoka was average....Temple was good....Grace didn't make it so that has to go with Union City deal....Humboldt would've killed CSAS, Westside, Culleoka, they beat Wartburg and I would say Humboldt and Temple are average against each other....If Temple is so remarkable like ya'll claim why did they not keep that 19 point lead and end up winning by atleast 20??? Humboldt came out and knocked them in the jaw and made a game of it against the 3RD BEST TEAM IN 14A!!! I'm telling you...if you played in the west your record would be maybe 25-10 at best!!! especially playing in 14a.... Maryville IMO was a pretty good team...mainly funadmental team...However I'm from the west and Oakland was the best team that I saw in AAA in the state tourny...the best team doesn't always win!!!

Do they educate in West Tennessee? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh...not only are you a loser but a very uneducated one at that. Cry me a river why don't you..... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 24 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826421650[/snapback]Union City would DRILL Temple also...I don't care what anyone has to say...from seeing Union City play 1 time this year and seeing Temple play 3 time this year when it mattered most....I would have to fall towards UC....I'd give it to Temple...you'd finish 3rd in 14a after Union City, Lake Co., and before Humboldt....however you would NOT make it out of regionals unless an "upset" happens...Lake Co. and Temple would probably be a good game IMO with Lake Co. winning by 15 just because Lake Co. has more athletes...Temple would be able to cruise past Trenton and would also make another good game with Humboldt....FACE IT!!! UNION CITY IS THE BEST IN 1A IN THE STATE!! YOU MAY HAVE A GOLD BALL THIS YEAR!!! but look for Union City to take it back next year!!!

Not only do you not care what anyone has to say...you refuse to admit that history happened..Temple PROVED to be the #1 team in the state...that is a fact..they have a region championship- sectional win...3 state tourney wins and a gold ball to prove it!!! CHECK IT!!

You live in some false reality that you and other ignorant UC fans have created in your mind...it is pointess to argue with people who live in a completely different reality than the true one....

Also you don't take gold balls "back" you PROVE you are the best and EARN them...temple will retain the 2007 gold ball no matter what happens next year...but keep talking about how you are the best..it worked this year...haha-MORON!

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 24 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826421750[/snapback]

Do they educate in West Tennessee? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh...not only are you a loser but a very uneducated one at that. Cry me a river why don't you..... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Only if you knew who I was my friend...Please, DO NOT bring me down to your level!! I'm not crying...I have nothing to do with Union City...I saw them play 1 time I saw Temple 3 times....Union City was better IMO....ask White House they might tell you how good UC is...ask their big man how Union City runs the ball up and down the court...he played at half court against Union City because he could not keep up!!!

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 25 2007 - 01:10 AM) 826421935[/snapback]Only if you knew who I was my friend...Please, DO NOT bring me down to your level!! I'm not crying...I have nothing to do with Union City...I saw them play 1 time I saw Temple 3 times....Union City was better IMO....ask White House they might tell you how good UC is...ask their big man how Union City runs the ball up and down the court...he played at half court against Union City because he could not keep up!!!

Ho Hum . . . . the saga continues while I'm curled up beside .

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 24 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826421605[/snapback]REBELRON.....Douglas would never have been able to keep up....There wasn't a team in the tournament that played the style Union City played(Closest being Liberty and even they didn't run nearly as much as Union City)...He would have been as useless as the big Gaines kid from White House was against UC....Reminder:This isn't football where Maryville is the most dominant thing going.....

This is the most ridiculous--and furthest from reality--post that has been made on this whole thread. It would probably rate in the "Coach T All Time Top Ten" misinformed posts.

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826421935[/snapback]Only if you knew who I was my friend...Please, DO NOT bring me down to your level!! I'm not crying...I have nothing to do with Union City...I saw them play 1 time I saw Temple 3 times....Union City was better IMO....ask White House they might tell you how good UC is...ask their big man how Union City runs the ball up and down the court...he played at half court against Union City because he could not keep up!!!

Could care less who you are. I do know that your whinny posts are senseless and embarrassing. To my level?....... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Don't kid yourself GC... you live at a whinny pathetic and sad tear jerking level of your own....congrats!

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 24 2007 - 04:55 PM) 826421654[/snapback]These West Tennessee fans are hilarious. Yep....the best team in 1A was a team that didn't even get to the dance. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sounds like a bunch of delusional Alabama fans. I always thougth the tougher the road...the better the competition....the better you play.....and become a better team. I didn't realize that if you play better competition you become worse... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Bottom line West Tennessee fans....the excuse making is ridiculous and pathetic.

Douglass would have been fine against anybody in the state..... Actually I didn't see anybody in the tournament that could match his strength in the paint.... oh..and no way Maryville would have pressed Liberty like Mitchell and other teams did. I found it incredible that Mitchell kept pressing as Liberty destroyed their press virtually every possession. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered in the end but it was not too smart on behalf of the coaching staff to stay in a press that wasn't working....JMO.

Don't you dare compare me to an Alabama fan...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(moc3balla @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826421940[/snapback]Ho Hum . . . . the saga continues while I'm curled up beside .

You know,even though UC didn't win the title /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ....I think if they did /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ,I could think of something else better to curl up with /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:42 AM) 826422015[/snapback]Don't you dare compare me to an Alabama fan...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That was a low blow...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Look everybody.....I get that Temple and Maryville won the championships....Heck,I saw it with my own two eyes....And you know what??Props to them...They did what they had to.....I've been around long enough to know what it takes during tourney time to win a state championship..I've seen SIX titles won by teams from my county since 1986....I also know,and you people are not so naive either,that the best team does not always win the state title....The way the state tournament(from districts all the way to the finals) is set up,it almost guarantees the best team doesn't win....Don't judge a team if you haven't seen them play....Most of you East Tn folks did not see Union City play.....So how would you know??..You wouldn't....Now,I have seen Temple and Maryville play...Maybe had I seen them play all year I might have a different opinion....I do have a friend that went to work in Maryville and has seen both Union City and Maryville play quite a few times....He said Maryville would have serious match-up problems with the Tornadoes because of UC's style of play.....I'm not saying Maryville has no athletes,they have two going to UT on football scholarships,right??....Temple doesn't match-up at all with Union City's style of play...Not at all....Does that mean Temple has no athletes??...No...Skogan is going to play football at Furman....I think he could actually play college basketball,he is that good..They won the tournament by really good teamwork and excellent coaching....They did not have to play an uptempo,all out sprint for 32 minutes..I saw how they handled Humboldt's press in the second half...It was miserable..They would have faced a more intense press with quicker players that would have been fresh the entire game because they would have put 10 in the game before the first quarter was over.....I also know this a hypothetical because UC didn't make it....Don't just lay random,blanket comments out there without even seeing UC AND Temple play...You know the typical,UC didn't make and we did..Make an argument..Debate it if you can....

I do have respect for the Temple and Maryville players and coaches..They did what it took to win it all and their school,fans,players and coaches should be proud of their accomplishments.....

I put myself out there all year and knew I would hear it if UC didn't win it all,that's the fun of all this.....Some of you want to belittle yourselves by namecalling and whatnot,that's what is not fun about this site....But that's your problem,right??