Brentwood Academy-Hoover (AL)

rollredroll

QUOTE(MrFootball @ Apr 7 2007 - 02:50 AM) 826431802[/snapback]Hoover will be down...they might not even win their region. If you want to play a team from Alabama in the next few years try Prattville,Daphne,Vestavia or Opelika.

"There's nothing worse than losing to Vestavia. They are a dirty football team." -Rush Propst

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBigRedDog @ Apr 7 2007 - 04:06 PM) 826431921[/snapback]"There's nothing worse than losing to Vestavia. They are a dirty football team." -Rush Propst

yeah i think we all saw how dirty they play /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> but anyways if hoover does play BA or Maryville it would be a great game.i hope something gets worked out for this to happen in the coming years or possiable next year

QUOTE(rollredroll @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826433587[/snapback]Any thoughts, BA fans?

The latest on the thread (mentions BA again and another middle Tennessee school): Link

I would go to watch a Hoover vs BA game! I wonder why R'dale 'supposedly' said no. With the old Coach I could understand it but not Coach A. I will believe R'dale said no only after I go straight to the horses mouth and ask Coach A.

Anyway it goes, if it is played Good Luck BA!

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826433642[/snapback]I wonder why R'dale 'supposedly' said no. With the old Coach I could understand it but not Coach A. I will believe R'dale said no only after I go straight to the horses mouth and ask Coach A.

If true, I would venture to say it's becuase Riverdale already had its schedule filled out for 2007 and didn't want to renege on previous commitments (like the way Worthington Kilbourne (OH) reneged on RHS in 2006).

I wouldn't mind Maryville playing Hoover but at the same time I don't feel like driving 5-7 hours to watch Maryville play. If Maryville had an opening on their schedule I would love to see Maryville play Brentwood Academy,MBA,Riverdale,Oak Ridge or Dobyns Bennett. Those games would be huge crowds. It wouldn't be that far of a drive either.

If Hoover and BA was to play at Vandy on a night Maryville didn't play I wouldn't mind watching that game.

QUOTE(rollredroll @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826433587[/snapback]Any thoughts, BA fans?

The latest on the thread (mentions BA again and another middle Tennessee school): Link

You might want to read the whole thread. I believe BA refers to Boyd Anderson from Florida.

The Brentwood school mentioned might be Brentwood High School. I understand that some of the Brentwood High School boys and the several of Hoovers best were somewhat competitive in Destin this year during spring break.

QUOTE(buckeye76 @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826434436[/snapback]You might want to read the whole thread. I believe BA refers to Boyd Anderson from Florida.

The Brentwood school mentioned might be Brentwood High School. I understand that some of the Brentwood High School boys and the several of Hoovers best were somewhat competitive in Destin this year during spring break.

"BA" on that site = Boyd Anderson

"BA" on this site = Brentwood Academy

While the posters on that thread are referring to Boyd Anderson as "BA", the thread also clearly states that a Hoover poster believes the school made contact with "Brentwood, Tenn", and given (1) Brentwood High already has the 9/28 date filled with Siegel (link), (2) Brentwood Academy has an open date (9/28) that matches Hoover's (link to Brentwood Academy's schedule, link to Hoover's schedule), and (3) Brentwood Academy's reputation for playing Hoover-like schools over its history, conventional wisdom would lead one to believe that thread is, in part, in reference to Brentwood Academy.

QUOTE(rollredroll @ Apr 10 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826434513[/snapback]"BA" on that site = Boyd Anderson

"BA" on this site = Brentwood Academy

While the posters on that thread are referring to Boyd Anderson as "BA", the thread also clearly states that a Hoover poster believes the school made contact with "Brentwood, Tenn", and given (1) Brentwood High already has the 9/28 date filled with Siegel (link), (2) Brentwood Academy has an open date (9/28) that matches Hoover's (link to Brentwood Academy's schedule, link to Hoover's schedule), and (3) Brentwood Academy's reputation for playing Hoover-like schools over its history, conventional wisdom would lead one to believe that thread is, in part, in reference to Brentwood Academy.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale, and took a quick look at the link. As somebody there pointed out, Boyd Anderson would be an odd choice for Hoover. Their program has its ups and downs, and is not traditionally a top flight program. They have had a number of truly bad teams in recent history. The writer suggested they've never gone any further than the 2nd round of the playoffs, and that certainly sounds right. Further, like most of the public school programs in Broward County, they are very poorly supported. If they drew 800 fans to a home game, I would be surprised. The only consistently good and well supported program in the area is St. Thomas Aquinas.