Best QB in 2007

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826437016[/snapback]Rapbwood---I would say Becker will do well for your team this fall. He is a hard nosed kid and makes smart decisions. I know he is not on most people's radar probably because of his size but I think he will end up being one of the best from the midstate.

I didn't mention Michael Becker although he was All-State with Gray last year and returning for his senior season this year. I don’t prefer hyping specific players before the season being a team sport of eleven players on the field, working for a common goal.

Ravenwood has some very good QB's lining up to play this year. I would think Becker has the lead to return at the helm because of his play last year but the competition is very tough and talented. Ravenwood is loaded with talent at the QB position for the next few years. I see the possibility one of the up and coming QB’s to be SEC grade and a pure joy to watch the ball going downfield on a string.

Maryville will play the same teams they always do. 3 county teams and the 7 region games. William Blount was thinking about dropping Maryville then their athletic director said no way they would drop Maryville. Maryville was talking to Oak Ridge about a game then the WB athletic director said no way they are dropping Maryville.

QUOTE(Athlon @ Apr 15 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826438194[/snapback]Sonny would be the best 2007 QB but how positive is anyone that he will even play? Just throwing that out there. I've heard numerous times that he might give it up for baseball.

As I said before, he might get drafted out of HS for baseball and the team wanting to draft him may say......No football.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 15 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826438211[/snapback]As I said before, he might get drafted out of HS for baseball and the team wanting to draft him may say......No football.

Just throwing it out there but the Cubs never told Samardzjia he couldnt play football and that was after he was already drafted by them. So.... maybe MLB clubs aren't too strict about guys playing 2 sports in high school. If Sonny does get drafted in 2008, he will already have been done with football for several months and into baseball by then.

I personally think it would be too hard for him to sit in the bleachers this fall. We can't forget that this kid is a great competitor and what better challenge than to defend a championship title. This is what Sonny Gray thrives on.

QUOTE(REDSOX @ Apr 14 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826437507[/snapback]I had heard something to that effect but then I heard this was not true. Someone on here like Rebelron would know for sure but at this time I would be guessing no because Maryville has to play their county rivals Heritage, William Blount, And of course Alcoa. Then they will have seven region games which makes for a full schedule.

I've Seen The Schedule For Smyrna And Right Now Week Four Is A Question Mark....

There's Alcoa, Maryville, And One Other Team On The Agenda So Looks Like Coach Shad Is Trying To Broaden The Normal Teams Played For Once. I Honestly Hope It's Between Alcoa. I Would Love To See Two Of The Best QB's In The State Play Each Other. How Awesome Would That Be?

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 15 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826438211[/snapback]As I said before, he might get drafted out of HS for baseball and the team wanting to draft him may say......No football.

I could see the case being made for such if sonny was a borderline draft pick, but Sonny will be a top 5 round pick, which will yield some pretty good money, so I imagine the ones that try to force him to pick a sport may not be able to put the squeeze on him like other 2 sport athletes

We saw two of the best QBs in the state square off last year in the state championship game Matt Arent (Hillsboro) and Brent Burnette (Maryville). Burnette was outstanding. He is the best Qb I saw play last year as a junior. Matt along with the skilled guys returning makes me beleive the Burros can make it back to Murfeesboro. Also, I saw the first game last year between Riverdale and Smyrna. After that game I would not have perdicted a Smyrna championship. Smyrnas coaches did a great job. IMO There championship was the win over Riverdale in the play-off. As a fan I also would like to see match-ups scheduled between Mid-state teams and other programs like Maryville and Alcoa but realize scheduling and travel present a problem. We have great match-ups in the mid-state as i'm sure other regions do. I have friends in knoxville who saw Maryville vs Alcoa last year. They said they stood to watch the game and that there had to be 10,000 or more people in attendance. Thats when I really started hearing about Burnette. They described his performance as one of the best they had seen. I'm sure all the '07 players are making sacrifices and working hard so we as fans can look forward to another great football season! I for one can't wait.