Rankings Week 6

mjuhb

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826441454[/snapback]Well since West Knoxville is where the money is I'd say very large parts of CAK, Catholic, and Webb do come from West Knoxville.

according to tssaa.org.. in 2006

Brentwood had 1311

Independence had 1523

Ravenwood had 1379

Franklin had 1498

Centennial had 1304

Page had 813

that comes out to be 7828

Farragut had 2153

Bearden had 1948

that comes out to be 4101

Webb had 488

CAK had 373

Catholic had 548

that comes out to be 1409

so West Knox schools = 5510

Williamson Co. schools = 7828

my vote stays with West Knoxville. even with the private schools taking people from all over Knox county Williamson Co. still has 2300+ more people. basically they have a "Farragut" size advantage and some.

QUOTE(timbdp @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826441418[/snapback]White House 7 FCS 1 FINAL

1st half WH varsity 5 FCS varsity 0

2nd half WH jv 2 FCS varsity 1

fcs goal they knock out the white house keeper and fcs played real dirty in the game

Congrats to White House. FCS seems much more down than last year, but the dirty play reminds me of the Portland-FCS district semi-final last year. That one ended rather bizarrely...

So with Friendship obviously hovering near the bottom of the pack, who do you think the fourth district semi-final team will be (assuming WH, S.C., and Portland all make it to the semis.)

QUOTE(BigL @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826441492[/snapback]Hey Nednatterjack do you know the score of maryville vs. Sevier Co. game? maybe some details to?

Maryville 4

Sevier County 0

Maryville went up 3-0 in 1st half. Milke from Sevier County got a red card for language in the 1st half after the score was already 3-0. Maryville possessed 2nd half because they were a man up and got a 4th goal on a corner kick late in the 2nd.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826441454[/snapback]Well since West Knoxville is where the money is I'd say very large parts of CAK, Catholic, and Webb do come from West Knoxville.

according to tssaa.org.. in 2006

Brentwood had 1311

Independence had 1523

Ravenwood had 1379

Franklin had 1498

Centennial had 1304

Page had 813

Farragut had 2153

Bearden had 1948

Webb had 488

CAK had 373

Catholic had 548

my vote stays with West Knoxville. even with the private schools taking people from all over Knox county Williamson Co. still has 2300+ more people. basically they have a "Farragut" size advantage and some.

Thanks for the figures. I'm not going to continue to debate the matter. Obviously both areas have very talented players. I think it shows in the rankings. But my vote still goes to Williamson County. We've divided up alot of our talent amongst the different high schools, but even with this division, we have some very good teams.

I don't know what exactly is reported to TSSAA, but I know for a fact that Franklin is the LARGEST high school in Williamson Co... Ravenwood is Second and Independence is third. I realize the numbers don't tell that story, but that's a FACT based on WCS enrollment publications.

If you are going to add up numbers of students in Will Co. you have to include all the private schools that take students from the public schools... BGA, BA, FRA, CPA, to name a few.... most of these students are Will Co. students.

I spoke with some people at Bearden and they confirmed that there are 2100 students in the school. Farragut 2300+

Thanks for all that info... it's cool to read it and discuss both of these POWERFUL Tenn. areas! Thanks!

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826441454[/snapback]according to tssaa.org.. in 2006

Brentwood had 1311

Independence had 1523

Ravenwood had 1379

Franklin had 1498

Centennial had 1304

Page had 813

Farragut had 2153

Bearden had 1948

Webb had 488

CAK had 373

Catholic had 548

QUOTE(turtleboy @ Apr 20 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826441644[/snapback]I don't know what exactly is reported to TSSAA, but I know for a fact that Franklin is the LARGEST high school in Williamson Co... Ravenwood is Second and Independence is third. I realize the numbers don't tell that story, but that's a FACT based on WCS enrollment publications.

If you are going to add up numbers of students in Will Co. you have to include all the private schools that take students from the public schools... BGA, BA, FRA, CPA, to name a few.... most of these students are Will Co. students.

I spoke with some people at Bearden and they confirmed that there are 2100 students in the school. Farragut 2300+

Thanks for all that info... it's cool to read it and discuss both of these POWERFUL Tenn. areas! Thanks!

last year at Farragut there were between 2236-2275 students at Farragut High School. Are you still saying turtle that Williamson Co. still has more students? I didn't even add in the private schools that take kids from there and Williamson Co. still had a "Farragut" sized advantage. I guess if we add in those private schools it would be even higher.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 20 2007 - 03:43 PM) 826441993[/snapback]last year at Farragut there were between 2236-2275 students at Farragut High School. Are you still saying turtle that Williamson Co. still has more students? I didn't even add in the private schools that take kids from there and Williamson Co. still had a "Farragut" sized advantage. I guess if we add in those private schools it would be even higher.

How many students attend West? They would be considered a West Knox team along with Bearden and Farragut.

But I will say it again, both areas have quality players.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Apr 20 2007 - 05:00 PM) 826442006[/snapback]How many students attend West? They would be considered a West Knox team along with Bearden and Farragut.

But I will say it again, both areas have quality players.

I totally agree that both areas have great players and teams.

Assuming we consider West in West Knoxville they have 1329 students accoring to tssaa.org. That still leaves Williamson Co. with atleast 900 more students not including the private schools. But the main areas I was including in my search yesterday was Farragut, Bearden, and Cedar Bluff. Basically the soccer area. Not Karns or West. Just where the good soccer schools are, because his main point was that all of Williamson Co. has better soccer, per person i guess you could say, than the West Knox area. I assumed he meant Farragut, Bearden, CAK, Catholic, and Webb. Those are the only good teams so. based on the research I did. Williamson Co. had alot more students than those 5 schools. So I'd think that the 5 main West Knox schools have better soccer. We might as well put up the Karns enrollment because I'm sure someone will ask that.. 1735. They took about 200 or so kids from Farragut and i think Bearden. I also was assuming that Rigger meant the 5 main soccer schools as well when he made his comment about it being a better area.

EDIT: alright. I looked back and Rigger said top 6 so I guess he was talking about West also. So we will now go with Williamson Co. has a 900+ student advantage.