Best Lineman of 07

RBplayer2010

QUOTE(STARSNBARS @ Apr 19 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826441130[/snapback]They may be great players, but minus 22 yds. rushing and 9 consecutive 3 and outs....well somebody must have laying some "look out" blocks for the Lions. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

ya i know all the stats... lol but hey i meen hey did great all season and i meen im sure they held there groud that game. i meen they are grat players and top scouted luneman in the south east ive heard they bench 400 sqaut like 600 or more and dead lifted 495

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(STARSNBARS @ Apr 18 2007 - 06:29 AM) 826440064[/snapback]Aaron Douglas TE Mairvul High School, 6'7" 255, "The moose is on the loose."

STARS,

The Douglas kid is one of the best, if not the best, prospect I have seen at that position in 20 years. IMHO, he is a better player than Whitten was at this point in his career (and he is obviously great). Douglas could help the Vols now. I would be in favor of him going ahead and skipping his senior year to do just that! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(transplant @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826441471[/snapback]STARS,

The Douglas kid is one of the best, if not the best, prospect I have seen at that position in 20 years. IMHO, he is a better player than Whitten was at this point in his career (and he is obviously great). Douglas could help the Vols now. I would be in favor of him going ahead and skipping his senior year to do just that! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I would also can we get Fulmer on that in a hurry.

QUOTE(transplant @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:39 PM) 826441471[/snapback]STARS,

Not so sure Quarles, or Burnette for that matter, would be in favor of that:) Aaron is a devastating blocker. Very good drive blocker for a kid with his height. Good at hooking, pinning, and sealing the OLB/DE on outside plays. Not many kids with his length are able to have a quick enough 1/2 side, 1/2 forward first step to seal as well as he does. Good cross body blocker. He is actually long and athletic enough to wall off a DT who is inside eye, shaded, or even in the gap when the play goes opposite. Does a good job of staying in a broken down position and using the length of his arms when blocking down/inside of LBs. Soft hands, catches the ball away from his body, and finds post seams not only in cover 2 or 5, but can slow or settle in cover 3 or man coverage. Can out jump most for a ball, and controls his body well in the air for a kid his size. Faster than he looks on middle, and deep routes. That is only because his stride frequency looks slow because of his length. He covers a lot of ground because of that stride though. The only thing that will stop Aaron from being a great TE at the next level will be having a 70 # instead of an 80# on his back. Think Erick Winstrom @ Miami 5-6 yrs ago. Starts out as a 6-6, 250 lb TE, and winds up getting drafted as 6-6, 310 lb All American OT.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826441703[/snapback]Not so sure Quarles, or Burnette for that matter, would be in favor of that:) Aaron is a devastating blocker. Very good drive blocker for a kid with his height. Good at hooking, pinning, and sealing the OLB/DE on outside plays. Not many kids with his length are able to have a quick enough 1/2 side, 1/2 forward first step to seal as well as he does. Good cross body blocker. He is actually long and athletic enough to wall off a DT who is inside eye, shaded, or even in the gap when the play goes opposite. Does a good job of staying in a broken down position and using the length of his arms when blocking down/inside of LBs. Soft hands, catches the ball away from his body, and finds post seams not only in cover 2 or 5, but can slow or settle in cover 3 or man coverage. Can out jump most for a ball, and controls his body well in the air for a kid his size. Faster than he looks on middle, and deep routes. That is only because his stride frequency looks slow because of his length. He covers a lot of ground because of that stride though. The only thing that will stop Aaron from being a great TE at the next level will be having a 70 # instead of an 80# on his back. Think Erick Winstrom @ Miami 5-6 yrs ago. Starts out as a 6-6, 250 lb TE, and winds up getting drafted as 6-6, 310 lb All American OT.

My brother thinks the same thing. He thinks Douglas will be a 1st round pick at LT. He has the frame to easily hold 315lbs.

ruse? very good break down on Aaron. Of all the things that you mentioned which seperate him in my mind are his ability to stay low for a kid who is 6'7", his soft hands, and a nasty streak on the football field.

Obviously his dad David has schooled Aaron in blocking techniques as well as Mairvul O-Line Coach David Ellis, but I believe he gets those good hands from his mom Karla.

QUOTE(STARSNBARS @ Apr 23 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826443251[/snapback]ruse? very good break down on Aaron. Of all the things that you mentioned which seperate him in my mind are his ability to stay low for a kid who is 6'7", his soft hands, and a nasty streak on the football field.

Obviously his dad David has schooled Aaron in blocking techniques as well as Mairvul O-Line Coach David Ellis, but I believe he gets those good hands from his mom Karla.

Hey Stars.

Not, just hands, but good solid low post funadmentals:) David and Coach Ellis can take partial credit for the gridiron victories, but Karla is/was a great teacher/coach in addition to being a heck of a player on the hardwood.

riverdale seriously might have the best Oline in the state this year you guys will have to keep an eye on them we got 3 guys talking to SEC schools right now i will post more info on the line once spring gets underway (which is tomorrow) all of them are very versitile so i am not even sure what particular positions everyone is playing this year

QUOTE(tdntn @ Apr 24 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826444669[/snapback]riverdale seriously might have the best Oline in the state this year you guys will have to keep an eye on them we got 3 guys talking to SEC schools right now i will post more info on the line once spring gets underway (which is tomorrow) all of them are very versitile so i am not even sure what particular positions everyone is playing this year

tdntn.

I would absolutely agree that Riverdale as a group, has some of the best linemen in the state. The challenge will be, at least for some of them, playing both ways. With Goree moving on to Colorado, I would venture a guess that Spurlock will be helping out @ DT. Then you still have to replace Patterson on the OL, which could certainly be done by Verge. Lillenthal is a very good lineman, who I believe will play at the next level. Spurlock, and Verge are D1 locks barring injury/academic issues. That offense that ya'll run can keep OL's on the field for a long time, and you need depth on O, and a good rotation of the DL to be really effective. I am sure that there are some young guns that will step up and fill spots, get experience by palyoffs, and make Riverdale a favorite to win it all. As I recall, guys like Boykin, Summeral are pretty good and don't need a whole lot of space anyway:)

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ Apr 17 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826440026[/snapback]S.E.C. prospect Brandon "Big Mac" McLeroy of Rhea County 4-A All State

Rhea Co.

Heard today that Rhea Co. will scrimmage Knox. Catholic in a couple of weeks. I have not seen the McLeroy kid play, but have read/heard a lot of very good things. Do you know if these two scrimmage, and if so, when, and where?

Thanks. ruse?