Macon County Tigers

singray

I didn't say that. I said what I said. I dont think its the muffin team you expect in 3A. GV is not expected to play up to 3A standards are they? I will know more after your scrimmage tomorrow from a viewers stand point. I hope to see your guys show some good traits tomorrow. I will remain silent until then. I havent seen but two teams goods in 2A this year. I will have seen 4 after tomorrow. Then I can offer a comment.

When does SC scrimmage a team thats 2 classes up? I want to see that also.

Who said MC was a muffin team? They always play us tough. Although...you would think a 1a contender would handle them.

SC used to scrimmage 3 classes up most every year. They haven't the last couple. One class up is good enough. They have

White House and Station Camp. Those are two pretty tough 3a teams. I dare say quite a bit better than a lot of 4a teams. WH was

in 4a just a few years ago. Station Camp will be there soon. We scrimmaged them (WH) then too. DCA is not a run of the mill 2a program either.

We have a real game with a team 3 classes up...not a controlled scrimmage. Just because you scrimmage 2 classes up doesn't mean much.

It depends on who it is. You have the Tiggers again under the lights in a couple of weeks. I'll see both of you then.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said MC was a muffin team? They always play us tough. Although...you would think a 1a contender would handle them.

SC used to scrimmage 3 classes up most every year. They haven't the last couple. One class up is good enough. They have

White House and Station Camp. Those are two pretty tough 3a teams. I dare say quite a bit better than a lot of 4a teams. WH was

in 4a just a few years ago. Station Camp will be there soon. We scrimmaged them (WH) then too. DCA is not a run of the mill 2a program either.

We have a real game with a team 3 classes up...not a controlled scrimmage. Just because you scrimmage 2 classes up doesn't mean much.

It depends on who it is. You have the Tiggers again under the lights in a couple of weeks. I'll see both of you then.

Just because you scrimmage 2 classes up doesn't mean much.

So it wont mean much if GV gets thumped? Or if they win? Just checking.

Just because you scrimmage 2 classes up doesn't mean much.

So it wont mean much if GV gets thumped? Or if they win? Just checking.

Scrimmages don't mean much. It really doesn't matter too much who you play. I wouldn't read too much into playing up or down. Oh right...you can't

play down. You should get an idea if you have any playmakers. Schemes are very vanilla in scrimmages. Usually...base plays offensively

and defensively. Now is when the real coaching starts. You find out pretty quick where the improvements have to be made. The coaches that

can make the adjustments and personnel changes are the ones that will be there at the end of the season.

Scrimmages don't mean much. It really doesn't matter too much who you play. I wouldn't read too much into playing up or down. Oh right...you can't

play down. You should get an idea if you have any playmakers. Schemes are very vanilla in scrimmages. Usually...base plays offensively

and defensively. Now is when the real coaching starts. You find out pretty quick where the improvements have to be made. The coaches that

can make the adjustments and personnel changes are the ones that will be there at the end of the season.

Exactly. Scrimmages are just tests to see how your team will perform against other looks besides the ones that they see during practices. It's not rare to see a big time team get crushed in a scrimmage by an average team at best. Keeping scores at 10-PLAY scrimmages are the worst also. How many plays did it take to move the football???? How many times would a punt have gotten forced during those plays?????

The only way to see how it really goes is to time the scrimmages and put the ball in the dirt and play down & distance. Still then you'd likely have the problem of not seeing a team run all of "their stuff" meaning that they may save some plays for the regular season in case films of the scrimmages start flying all over the state.

Scrimmages are TESTS to prepare the teams for the real deal which starts three weeks from tonight!!!!!!

Exactly. Scrimmages are just tests to see how your team will perform against other looks besides the ones that they see during practices. It's not rare to see a big time team get crushed in a scrimmage by an average team at best. Keeping scores at 10-PLAY scrimmages are the worst also. How many plays did it take to move the football???? How many times would a punt have gotten forced during those plays?????

The only way to see how it really goes is to time the scrimmages and put the ball in the dirt and play down & distance. Still then you'd likely have the problem of not seeing a team run all of "their stuff" meaning that they may save some plays for the regular season in case films of the scrimmages start flying all over the state.

Scrimmages are TESTS to prepare the teams for the real deal which starts three weeks from tonight!!!!!!

OOPs I think this all got started because I was trying to make a compliment to Macon county. Due to a lot of crap I had read in a thread about them going 0-10 this year. I dont see that being the case after seeing the team, coaches, and the condition they are in. I was letting the doubters know they are not muffins. The posters I speak of know who they are. The rest should not take it to mean I directed it to them. I do think both teams found some areas they need work in. I understand all thats commented on above. I am sorry I didnt make it clear enough to make others understand my intentions. The other stuff was inter county ragging. Which will never end. Its a Smith county thing.

Guest Termite

okay well chris bohannan is our startin Qb with kyle grace switch in an out with him marcus thompson is our Rb max manion is our K crabtree is guin be a superstar we have so many former head coaches on our staff we good to go we are guin finsh at least 6-4 this year #41!

Dude....I realize this is your 2nd post but.....I want you to think about something......Why are they now FORMER head coaches and not HEAD coaches????

You predict 6-4....tiger #1 predicted 7-3.....which ones do they lose???

well hey man im sorry but its becuz most of them retired or moved on for family reasons so yeah i kno we'll beat hartsvegas,westmorland,hixson,dekab,station camp,white house

I'd be careful looking past some of those teams, especially Dekalb.

I think they'll surprise a few people this year.