Macon County Tigers

singray

Did anybody ever hear the story about Macon playing Portland sometime back in the 70's. The story goes like this.

There was about 1 minute and 30 seconds to go before Halftime and a train came thru Portland blowing its horn. Portland got confused and thought the horn was coming from the scoreboard indicating it was halftime so Portland left the field for the locker room. Macon County got all excited and decided to continue the game until Halftime without Portland being on the field. Macon's offense took the field. Three plays later they scored their only touchdown of the night. What an accomplishment.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody ever hear the story about Macon playing Portland sometime back in the 70's. The story goes like this.

There was about 1 minute and 30 seconds to go before Halftime and a train came thru Portland blowing its horn. Portland got confused and thought the horn was coming from the scoreboard indicating it was halftime so Portland left the field for the locker room. Macon County got all excited and decided to continue the game until Halftime without Portland being on the field. Macon's offense took the field. Three plays later they scored their only touchdown of the night. What an accomplishment.

Singay you are awful brave behind that computer.

The answer is...yeah.

It is getting that time of year again. Time for all that wonderful negative talk about our little "kitties" as you all say Were up too 6 pages already hmmm seems for us not too be so good alot of people sure love talking about us. I am not ready for my predictions yet still too much time left in the pool so, I am going too just keep chilling and let yall take this up between yourselves. All mental guys the season hasn't started yet and they already got yall losing all games. Ya know that should make ya want too get out there and just prove everyone wrong for onced. You most definitley have some tough teams too face but they bleed and sweat just like you do. You guys have a big advantage this year with all the time that has passed and go into this season knowing that your not losers and that you can acheive what you want too. There isn't as much stress this year as last year and this can be a new start for you guys. Antwan I will jaw witcha when it is our time with you and this year it is in our jungle. For those wondering where our fans were well here we are so BRING IT and we will BRING IT back. I bet I get it now........

How is Macon looking since fall practice has began. Are the numbers good? How Many Seniors do they Have?

News flash singray. Macon co. came to GV today for some head knocking. My thoughts are they wont be a cake walk for anyone. May just be a lot of crow eating going on for some folks if they are not careful. Not a lot of seniors. But do you have to be a senior to play football? I like um. Classy team. They look to have 60ish. Didn't count. Didn't appear to be any sideline icons on the team. Or halftime band members.

News flash singray. Macon co. came to GV today for some head knocking. My thoughts are they wont be a cake walk for anyone. May just be a lot of crow eating going on for some folks if they are not careful. Not a lot of seniors. But do you have to be a senior to play football? I like um. Classy team. They look to have 60ish. Didn't count. Didn't appear to be any sideline icons on the team. Or halftime band members.

Gee moneyman...are you saying the Kittes didn't maul the Tiggers? Surely you jest.

Gee moneyman...are you saying the Kittes didn't maul the Tiggers? Surely you jest.

I didn't say that. I said what I said. I dont think its the muffin team you expect in 3A. GV is not expected to play up to 3A standards are they? I will know more after your scrimmage tomorrow from a viewers stand point. I hope to see your guys show some good traits tomorrow. I will remain silent until then. I havent seen but two teams goods in 2A this year. I will have seen 4 after tomorrow. Then I can offer a comment.

When does SC scrimmage a team thats 2 classes up? I want to see that also.