Macon County Tigers

singray

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rockytoptn1 @ Jun 10 2007 - 03:49 PM) 826473577[/snapback]Okay you guys- quit acting like 3rd graders and please answer my question- who is the QB?

Keith Kirby will be a huge loss for Macon Co. this upcoming season. It will be impossible for Coach Cook & Co. to find a guy to fill his shoes right away this upcoming season. This is especially going to be the case since Macon Co. has virtually no offensive weapons returning. Alan Hire, Spencer Young, Kyle Woodard, Chris Greenhalgh are all guys who are now graduated who were weapons for Kirby for Macon's offense this past season. Don't forget that these weapons caught passes from Kirby (a guy who threw 330 passes in 10 games in 2006). Macon Co. struggled to run the football this past year after Michael Dallas (graduated) & Jonathan Hudson (deceased) were no longer around. They went from a 5-5 playoff team to a 5-5 team that was two close losses against both Sycamore & Station Camp (would have been in had they won one of those two games & would have hosted a first round game had they won both of those games). Coach Cook and his staff did this with a team that basically changed it's entire offensive philosophy from 2005 to 2006.

In 2007 when you look at Macon Co. on paper they certainly do not appear to be a team that can run the football against folks just from judging from last year's numbers. They lost every major offensive weapon in the passing game so that doesn't appear to be a team strength heading into the fall either. Region 4-3A is going to be stacked with White House & Pearl Cohn probably battling it out for the region title. Those final two spots will be highly contested between Sycamore, Station Camp, & Greenbrier.

If Macon Co. is able to go .500 for the third straight season I for one will be shocked however they have proven me wrong in the past. I will say that the odds of this team getting to the playoffs in 2007 are extremely slim.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Jun 10 2007 - 11:12 PM) 826473692[/snapback]Keith Kirby will be a huge loss for Macon Co. this upcoming season. It will be impossible for Coach Cook & Co. to find a guy to fill his shoes right away this upcoming season. This is especially going to be the case since Macon Co. has virtually no offensive weapons returning. Alan Hire, Spencer Young, Kyle Woodard, Chris Greenhalgh are all guys who are now graduated who were weapons for Kirby for Macon's offense this past season. Don't forget that these weapons caught passes from Kirby (a guy who threw 330 passes in 10 games in 2006). Macon Co. struggled to run the football this past year after Michael Dallas (graduated) & Jonathan Hudson (deceased) were no longer around. They went from a 5-5 playoff team to a 5-5 team that was two close losses against both Sycamore & Station Camp (would have been in had they won one of those two games & would have hosted a first round game had they won both of those games). Coach Cook and his staff did this with a team that basically changed it's entire offensive philosophy from 2005 to 2006.

In 2007 when you look at Macon Co. on paper they certainly do not appear to be a team that can run the football against folks just from judging from last year's numbers. They lost every major offensive weapon in the passing game so that doesn't appear to be a team strength heading into the fall either. Region 4-3A is going to be stacked with White House & Pearl Cohn probably battling it out for the region title. Those final two spots will be highly contested between Sycamore, Station Camp, & Greenbrier.

If Macon Co. is able to go .500 for the third straight season I for one will be shocked however they have proven me wrong in the past. I will say that the odds of this team getting to the playoffs in 2007 are extremely slim.

I have always thought that Macon's season depends on the Westmoreland game. It seems if they beat Westmoreland that they ride off that victory usually to a good or decent season. I don't see them beating Westmoreland this year. I think Westmoreland will take care of business in Lafayette this year. This will be in week 1. Westmoreland will play DCA in week 0 on the road. This should be a tough opener on the road to prepare them for going on the road to Lafayette in Week 1.

QUOTE(singray @ Jun 11 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826473839[/snapback]I have always thought that Macon's season depends on the Westmoreland game. It seems if they beat Westmoreland that they ride off that victory usually to a good or decent season. I don't see them beating Westmoreland this year. I think Westmoreland will take care of business in Lafayette this year. This will be in week 1. Westmoreland will play DCA in week 0 on the road. This should be a tough opener on the road to prepare them for going on the road to Lafayette in Week 1.

Gee...they've been playing Westmoland the 1st game the last few years. If anyone wins their opener against a fairly good team...they usually do well.

QUOTE(singray @ Jun 11 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826473839[/snapback]I have always thought that Macon's season depends on the Westmoreland game. It seems if they beat Westmoreland that they ride off that victory usually to a good or decent season. I don't see them beating Westmoreland this year. I think Westmoreland will take care of business in Lafayette this year. This will be in week 1. Westmoreland will play DCA in week 0 on the road. This should be a tough opener on the road to prepare them for going on the road to Lafayette in Week 1.

I'm not sure about last year but the year before last Macon lost to Trousdale in week 0 but beat Westmoreland in week 1. It's not a regular win to Macon County when they beat Westmoreland. It has become such a rival game that it means so much for Macon to beat Westmoreland. It has become a game of sorts like Smith County and Gordonsville. I think it is of great necessity that Westmoreland win this game this year. Westmoreland takes a young team on the road for the first three games. That is tough on any team.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826474165[/snapback]If anyone wins their opener against a fairly good team...they usually do well.

Now there's always an exception to this one Antwan. The last two years Page has won their season opener against White House. In 2005 White House was a state quarterfinalist that was a few bad minutes away from making the semifinals at Notre Dame. In 2006 White House lost in the second round of the playoffs at Pearl Cohn.

Page has been a below average team at best the last two years and that is proven when you look and see that the Patriots have missed the playoffs during those two years.

Sorry buddy just had to give ya a hard time /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Good Luck to your Owls this fall. Let me know if you guys do for a fact scrimmage White House this fall.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Jun 12 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826474276[/snapback]Now there's always an exception to this one Antwan. The last two years Page has won their season opener against White House. In 2005 White House was a state quarterfinalist that was a few bad minutes away from making the semifinals at Notre Dame. In 2006 White House lost in the second round of the playoffs at Pearl Cohn.

Page has been a below average team at best the last two years and that is proven when you look and see that the Patriots have missed the playoffs during those two years.

Sorry buddy just had to give ya a hard time /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Good Luck to your Owls this fall. Let me know if you guys do for a fact scrimmage White House this fall.

Big C...I did say usually. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I will do on the scrimmage.

If Trousdale can stay away from injuries, they are looking at 9 - 1 worse scenario 8 - 2. I look for the only loss to be against Gordonsville. TC will beat MC. Trousdale is a lot better than the 06 squad. I am comparing that with seeing them in a Spring Scrimmage.