POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 8 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826454443[/snapback]Hey Old Scout, is Will on the Hill today??

Glad to see 6+4+3=2 help on the trash can last night

Yes, Will is on the mound. What trash can? I couldn't see it for you two. LOL! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Butch & Sundance,

Is Aderhold on the hill for Central? Roberts will be for Meigs. If you guys can get too him and make them go to their bullpen I think you will win. Roberts is due for a bad outing, you never know what will happen look at Lenoir City and Farragut I would have liked to have seen that one.

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 8 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826454443[/snapback]Hey Old Scout, is Will on the Hill today??

Glad to see 6+4+3=2 help on the trash can last night

It was a pleasure talking baseball with you as always. Tell Mark I said good luck! I'll be there this evening about 5:00 so save me a spot.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 8 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826454484[/snapback]Butch & Sundance,

Is Aderhold on the hill for Central? Roberts will be for Meigs. If you guys can get too him and make them go to their bullpen I think you will win. Roberts is due for a bad outing, you never know what will happen look at Lenoir City and Farragut I would have liked to have seen that one.

Matt A is on the hill today. I hope your right the last time we faced Roberts we touch him for 5 runs but the kided battled us until the end. Can't make mistakes against Meigs and let Howie see the same pitcher 4 times in a game. The key to Meigs is 6,7,8,9 keep them off the bases and you will win of course thats with any team. You can't have Howie bat with anyone on base

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 8 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826454484[/snapback]Butch & Sundance,

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 8 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826454501[/snapback]Matt A is on the hill today. I hope your right the last time we faced Roberts we touch him for 5 runs but the kided battled us until the end. Can't make mistakes against Meigs and let Howie see the same pitcher 4 times in a game. The key to Meigs is 6,7,8,9 keep them off the bases and you will win of course thats with any team. You can't have Howie bat with anyone on base

IMHO I don't think they are that good of a hitting team. Meigs has 2-3 decent hitters but the rest are very average at best. Aderhold needs to pitch Howie way inside on his hands with his fastball or off the outside corner with breaking pitches and make him swing at pitches out of the strike zone from what I have seen he will bite for these pitches. Just don't miss over the plate and up where he can get his arms extended. Good luck!

As for the Polk game.

Polk will be facing Boyd's No. 3-4 pitcher surely you can out score their No. 3 or 4 pitcher . If it was me I would pitch Qualls and or Beard and save Phillips and Davis for the next game. Depending on how the game goes you could always bring him in relief. If you get by Boyd without using him you would have your #2 pitcher for Wednesday against Central or Meigs and they have not seen him this year. What a perfect scenario! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

REMATCH Well, this is the most important between the Cats and Chargers. Win or...... go home. Lay it all on the line and leave it all on the field.

What's your predictions?? Aderhold and Shaw will prob not start for M.C. nor will Bean or Phillips for Polk.

Who will pitch? Who will win and advance to the Region Tourney and a shot at Meigs for the Title?

Pitching-

CENTRAL_Ryne Rayburne and/or Ethan Starr with Coleman in relief

POLK_Tyler Davis and/or Tracy Beard and/or Ryan Qualls

my pick

Polk in 9 innings.

I predict Coleman for Central and Davis for Polk. As for the winner it will be a toss up. It will come down to errors and I'm afraid Polk's defense is more error prone than Centrals. One thing that will help, if Davis is pitching he won't be at third. Polk does not play aggressive defense their center fielder cost them a crucial run monday by not going after the fly ball to left center and as I have stated defense wins baseball games. Polk has three positions that at any given moment could blow up and cost them runs and Central has one or two as well.

So my prediction is; If Tyler Davis has control of his pitches and hits his spots as he did the last time he pitched against Central, Polk will win. If he doesn't and Central puts the ball in play and makes Polk's defense work for outs Central will win. As for offense Polk and Central are about equal with one being no better than the other. Polk should have some confidence at the plate after last night and knowing that they will see a pitcher very comparable to Boyd's. This game will be very interesting and emotions will be running high. I hope both teams show the same intensity and class as they did in their previous three meetings. Good Luck Polk! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 9 2007 - 07:00 AM) 826455203[/snapback]I predict Coleman for Central and Davis for Polk. As for the winner it will be a toss up. It will come down to errors and I'm afraid Polk's defense is more error prone than Centrals. One thing that will help, if Davis is pitching he won't be at third. Polk does not play aggressive defense their center fielder cost them a crucial run monday by not going after the fly ball to left center and as I have stated defense wins baseball games. Polk has three positions that at any given moment could blow up and cost them runs and Central has one or two as well.

So my prediction is; If Tyler Davis has control of his pitches and hits his spots as he did the last time he pitched against Central, Polk will win. If he doesn't and Central puts the ball in play and makes Polk's defense work for outs Central will win. As for offense Polk and Central are about equal with one being no better than the other. Polk should have some confidence at the plate after last night and knowing that they will see a pitcher very comparable to Boyd's. This game will be very interesting and emotions will be running high. I hope both teams show the same intensity and class as they did in their previous three meetings. Good Luck Polk! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I agree it will be a toss up but I'm not sure about the pitching. I think Johnny whole staff for both teams.

Both teams are due to hit the ball. Both teams will be throwing their 3,4,5 pitchers and this could be a high scoring game