DNJ?.....

Winners Inc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Harris @ May 1 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826449212[/snapback]The DNJ covers who is winning. Its that way in Football, Basketball, Baseball, and every other sport. It's that way everywhere

In the the other major revenue sports that has been the case, but you would the DNJ would be at every game that Oakland is in being that their nationally ranked in 3 polls. I think it just goes to show that baseball gets the shaft when it comes to the 3 major sports in this area

QUOTE(Harris @ May 1 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826449304[/snapback]Look at the attendance numbers for those 3 sports and tell me why that is...

Apparently that doesnt stop the DNJ from covering MTSU baseball. I understand that attendance isnt as great, but when you arent even giving a team with Oakland's caliber the time of day, it reflects poorly on the department

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ May 1 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826449286[/snapback]In the the other major revenue sports that has been the case, but you would the DNJ would be at every game that Oakland is in being that their nationally ranked in 3 polls. I think it just goes to show that baseball gets the shaft when it comes to the 3 major sports in this area

I think the reason that they dont cover oakland like some of you want them to is well..basiclly..NO CARES ABOUT oakland ...lol just kiddin

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ May 1 2007 - 03:31 PM) 826449308[/snapback]Apparently that doesnt stop the DNJ from covering MTSU baseball. I understand that attendance isnt as great, but when you arent even giving a team with Oakland's caliber the time of day, it reflects poorly on the department

Next time MTSU Baseball plays a weekday night game - look in the DNJ the next morning for the story about the game...

That early deadline at the DNJ knows no boundaries /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 1 2007 - 03:37 PM) 826449311[/snapback]Next time MTSU Baseball plays a weekday night game - look in the DNJ the next morning for the story about the game...

That early deadline at the DNJ knows no boundaries /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Maybe so, but at least they get adequate coverage. I can count on my one hand how many times the dnj has wrote an actual article about one of Oakland's games

QUOTE(Harris @ May 1 2007 - 04:29 PM) 826449340[/snapback]www.dnj.com I am pretty far away but I can see every result I want and it updates their national ranking every week on the front page. You want a paper dedicated just to Oakland's baseball team, go make one.

The web-site isn't the issue - it is what actually gets put in paper in your driveway that is the problem....