Knox Webb @ Bearden

brick25

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 30 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826448639[/snapback]Marvin dirty? Never heard that one before...And in the pre season game they were missing like 4 starters, including Stein, CA, and Hutchins. Should be a great game

i agree, marvin is not a dirty player, he obviously just plays too rough for you, although he might get fouls called on him from time to time he is no where near a dirty player. Also, that is true that webb was missing many of their strong starters during the little 20 minute game that supposedly SD dominated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Fookie21 @ Apr 30 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826448645[/snapback]i agree, marvin is not a dirty player, he obviously just plays too rough for you, although he might get fouls called on him from time to time he is no where near a dirty player. Also, that is true that webb was missing many of their strong starters during the little 20 minute game that supposedly SD dominated.

i by no means think SD dominated the jamboree(JV is longdonsilver)...i do think it was fairly even though. but i most certainly do think marvin is dirty player. you can call it what you want...aggressive, whatever. but i've played against him several times and know many people who played club w/him and they all agree. who's your all's baller that always scores goals?? and did he play against us in jamboree? i dont remember him.

first of all marv is by no means a dirty player and i'm not sure who your talkin to you that agrees so much with you...he gets called and carded for more than most because he's usually the most athletically gifted player on the field and the refs aren't really in tune with whats going on. so you might want to learn what you're talking about before you come with talk like that again.

also everyone needs to stop going back to the preseason...it's a time for teams to experiment and see what they have. the results are as close to meaningless as you can get.

on another note this game can definitely be called a battle for the knoxville title. farragut continues to refuse to play webb and by looking at wins and losses these are the two top teams.

bearden is the definite favorite but both teams are extremely deep, well coached, and talented. both are playing at the top of their games and it should be the best match of the year. looking back to last year at Webb, Webb would have won had it not been for cesar's handball goal so this will clearly be a close game. i'll go with a 1-1 tie, if not a tie it'll the victor will win by one.

QUOTE(uniden @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826448773[/snapback]Farragut doesn't want to play Webb either...huh

Soooo I dont think they refuse to play, i think that Farragut always has a full schedule after their early season tournaments. You can only have a certain amount of games so you dont get an unfair advantage in the polls.

webb is a great squad. bearden's size will definately help them out on this one. webb has been known to suprise though (win over catholic.) i'd say 2-1 bearden. walker is just too good. and on the marvin subject...i played club with him for several years. he is not a dirty player, he can be chippy at times, but overall he is just plain aggresive. everyone gets heated sometimes, he shouldn't be classified as dirty for 1 games showing.

QUOTE(Fookie21 @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826448637[/snapback]Webb would be happy to play faragut, but the admirals are scared of another game like 2 years ago so they will not accept the challenge. and also, bearden beat faragut, so really it can be the knox title.

If you don't play them, you don't own them. You haven't played Farragut so what ever....you can't claim any titile, .. Farragut beat Webb in the Jamboree, but it was preseason and I give that up to practice. Be sure to tell the coach at Webb you said Farragut was afraid to play you becasue I will tell our coach and I know him you can expect a game next year. I really am insulted you say scared , have you looked at our schedule? We dodge noone and I will be there to watch us play next year and and you just lost a fan......Go Bearden!

QUOTE(Lion101 @ May 1 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826449187[/snapback]If you don't play them, you don't own them. You haven't played Farragut so what ever....you can't claim any titile, .. Farragut beat Webb in the Jamboree, but it was preseason and I give that up to practice. Be sure to tell the coach at Webb you said Farragut was afraid to play you becasue I will tell our coach and I know him you can expect a game next year. I really am insulted you say scared , have you looked at our schedule? We dodge noone and I will be there to watch us play next year and and you just lost a fan......Go Bearden!

Just talk. I know both teams tried to schedule each other the last two years. Just didn't work out.

By the way, a Farragut player rooting for Bearden? Priceless!

QUOTE(Fookie21 @ Apr 30 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826448637[/snapback]Webb would be happy to play faragut, but the admirals are scared of another game like 2 years ago so they will not accept the challenge. and also, bearden beat faragut, so really it can be the knox title. But anyways, i say webb contests walker's punts and will sneak one by him and take it in a close 1-0 match.

Atleast everything has worked for Webb with all those championships in the last 4 years eh?

Talking trash, WOW, who would've thought it would come from a Webb person. I honestly don't think Farragut is scared to play anyone.