Elizabethton Football

QUOTE(voice @ Jun 7 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826472747[/snapback]24 Aug Happy Valley (H)

31 Aug Science Hill (A)

7 Sep Johnson Co (A)

14 Sep Open

21 Sep Central (H)

28 Sep DB (A)

5 Oct East (A?)

12 Oct North (H?)

19 Oct Tenn Hi (H)

26 Oct South (A)

2 Nov Unicoi Co (H)

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Don't Greeneville and Elizabethton play this year?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Skunk@home @ Jun 8 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826473116[/snapback]GLee,

Congratulations on Preston's opportunity...our neighbor across the street has a son who just graduated from Transy (he was a swimmer) and he loved it...

Please wish him luck and much success from us.

Roll Tribe Roll

Thx.......

Good luck to the Tribe!

If I was an Elizabethon fan I would want either Shawn Witten or Scott Rider.

As a Maryville fan I have tremendous respect for Shawn and Jason Witten. I couldn't believe in 1997 when Elizabethon and Maryville played in the semifinals how great Jason Witten was as a sophomore. On Elizabethons 1st touchdown big #1 takes it 40 yards to the house. I looked on my program and saw he was a sophomore. I knew then that young man would be big time. I have said this more than once. Shawn Witten was hands down,no questions asked,bar none the best quarterback a Maryville Football team has ever faced. The guy was awesome. In 1998 Elizabethon was by far going away the best team Maryville faced.In matter of fact the Elizabethon team in 98 was one of the best teams Maryville has ever beaten.

QUOTE(REBELRON @ Jun 9 2007 - 02:29 PM) 826473308[/snapback]If I was an Elizabethon fan I would want either Shawn Witten or Scott Rider.

As a Maryville fan I have tremendous respect for Shawn and Jason Witten. I couldn't believe in 1997 when Elizabethon and Maryville played in the semifinals how great Jason Witten was as a sophomore. On Elizabethons 1st touchdown big #1 takes it 40 yards to the house. I looked on my program and saw he was a sophomore. I knew then that young man would be big time. I have said this more than once. Shawn Witten was hands down,no questions asked,bar none the best quarterback a Maryville Football team has ever faced. The guy was awesome. In 1998 Elizabethon was by far going away the best team Maryville faced.In matter of fact the Elizabethon team in 98 was one of the best teams Maryville has ever beaten.

Shawn was a GREAT high school football player. I grad. with shawn and in 98 that was a great football game we had all the respect for you guys also.

QUOTE(ULfan @ Jun 10 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826473671[/snapback]Cyclone atheletics are going through a major overhaul. If Witten doesn't work out, any other canidates in line for football job.

Who is on the short list for the Bball job.

As it was told to me:

The original plan was for Randy Little to get the principal's job with Danny O'Quinn (sp) and a woman (I forget her name) as vice-principals. Eddie Pless was going to coach 1 more year and then Shawn Witten was going to take over as head coach. WHY WAIT: Because Shawn Witten has (2) degrees but he doesn't have the requirements for his teacher certification...which he was going to get this year. Seriously, that's a good solid plan!

BUT Randy Little didn't want the job (for whatever reason) and the other 2 balked also. This threw a huge monkey wrench in the plans. By moving Eddie to principal, Elizabethton City Schools must now ask the state for a special waiver for Shawn to be a head coach without his teachers certification.

If the state doesn't approve the waiver, it's possible they may have to hire a coach for this year until Shawn can get his certification.

My question: Would the city go to this much trouble if it weren't Jason Witten's brother???

Carter County..... you gotta love it!!!!!!!

You’ all know great players don't always equal out to be great coaches!

Elizabethton has a very respectable football program…granted, Betsy is down right now, but I suspect you ‘all will get back to where you once were. It just might take some time and of course the RIGHT coach.