Sonny Grey

magoo043

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 20 2007 - 11:25 PM) 826463840[/snapback]he will be part of a great program

Good call. A great addition to a great program. Coach Corbin continues to show why he is the top baseball coach at the collegiate level. This commitment and the kid that just commited from Redding Ca. insure a top notch 1-2 punch for 08 and 09.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pballer44 @ May 21 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826464297[/snapback]I doubt sonny will ever see Vandy a kid that young throwing that hard should get drafted and really high too so they might offer that magic number and he take it

well unfortunatly he is a right hander thrwoing like that...they are all over the place i have also heard that he may be looked at as a postion player also because he can hit so i think he will have some options...did they say anything at vandy if he was gonna a pitcher only or if they are gonna let him play a postion...

also coach corbin does a GREAT job of keeping his recruits ESPCIALLY pitchers

QUOTE(baseballlover @ May 21 2007 - 04:52 PM) 826464160[/snapback]Good call. A great addition to a great program. Coach Corbin continues to show why he is the top baseball coach at the collegiate level. This commitment and the kid that just commited from Redding Ca. insure a top notch 1-2 punch for 08 and 09.

I would say they would be at least 2-3 considering that Mikey Minor has pitched so well this year as a freshman. He looks to be the #1 for next year. Also, Grey will not be there until '09.

Delmonico has been at at least 5 of Sonny's games this year...as has Kentucky, Auburn, Georgia...and the list goes on and on. I don't think he will ever play a position in college because he lacks certain defensive skills, but he could definitely...definitely...DH. He is hitting around .470 with 9 homers. It will be interesting to see how he hits next year without Egerton hitting behind him.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 22 2007 - 07:26 AM) 826464464[/snapback]Delmonico has been at at least 5 of Sonny's games this year...as has Kentucky, Auburn, Georgia...and the list goes on and on. I don't think he will ever play a position in college because he lacks certain defensive skills, but he could definitely...definitely...DH. He is hitting around .470 with 9 homers. It will be interesting to see how he hits next year without Egerton hitting behind him.

Any idea on if he actually offered him a scholarship, or did he use his token "let me save scholarships for Florida players and you walk on because you are in-state" strategy?