AAA 2007

mjuhb

What was your point?

He's the mod of the forum and we wanted to show our appreciation to his dedication to coaching his squad that beats the living tar out of everyone. It also received it's own thread. Not hijacked another for what should be in a different forum.

The point is, this is a "girls" forum. The thread was addressing a "boys" topic. There is a entire section on Coach T for boys. However, seeing as we all are interested in soccer, it seems that topics seem to innertwine at times. People seem to have a private conversation at times using this service. If you aren't interested....don't read it. When you are given you own website, you can dictate what the state of Tennessee would like to talk about.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bga 4-0 tullahoma

franklin 1-0 tullahoma

bga and franklin i don't know if it was played because of rain

its like this bga and franklin are very similar except bga has a superstar and franklin doesn't

i also heard greenville beat farragut 1-0

Greeneville did beat Farragut 1-0 but match was very even. G'ville also beat Oak Ridge 3-2 in another good match, and they beat Tenn High 2-0 and Sevier Co. 2-0. Also, Farragut and Dobyns Bennett tied 1-1. I believe Oak Ridge beat DB but I'm not sure about the score.

Collierville will be back- strong senior leadership in this years class!

I've been reading this forum for some time now and decided to join in the fun, but would like to see it get back on the topic of AAA 2007. It seems that middle and east TN tend to forget that there is a west TN and there are two teams that are still loaded with talent - Houston and Collierville. For those who have forgotten, Houston won it all in 2004 and Collierville took in 2005 and was runnerup in 2006. They should easily represent the region in state and are scheduled to play some of the best teams in the state outside the district during the season, including teams from California and Ohio. But, with all due respects to Collierville, Houston's talent is extensive (even superior) and has gotten better with the addition of a regional player from Carmel, IN. She's the real deal and should smoke any opponents midfield. Come the end of the season, some of you gonna be wiping your weeping eyes.

I've been reading this forum for some time now and decided to join in the fun, but would like to see it get back on the topic of AAA 2007. It seems that middle and east TN tend to forget that there is a west TN and there are two teams that are still loaded with talent - Houston and Collierville. For those who have forgotten, Houston won it all in 2004 and Collierville took in 2005 and was runnerup in 2006. They should easily represent the region in state and are scheduled to play some of the best teams in the state outside the district during the season, including teams from California and Ohio. But, with all due respects to Collierville, Houston's talent is extensive (even superior) and has gotten better with the addition of a regional player from Carmel, IN. She's the real deal and should smoke any opponents midfield. Come the end of the season, some of you gonna be wiping your weeping eyes.

I agree that West TN probably doesn't get enough discussion on these boards, but it's because there aren't enough of people who post from West TN. Also, since most of the posters tend to be Middle/East TN, and their only exposure (if any) to West TN teams is the State tournament, they often overlook or underestimate your teams.

Greeneville did beat Farragut 1-0 but match was very even. G'ville also beat Oak Ridge 3-2 in another good match, and they beat Tenn High 2-0 and Sevier Co. 2-0. Also, Farragut and Dobyns Bennett tied 1-1. I believe Oak Ridge beat DB but I'm not sure about the score.

Greenville did beat Farragut and Oak Ridge. Farragut had two teams so who knows how they were split up. Oak Ridge started with their second team the first 20 minutes and played their starters the last 20 minutes. It seemed to me the starters dominated Greeneville. They play during the season I think so we will see what happens. Greeneville is a very good team, but I would say OR wins with starters vs. starters.

Greenville did beat Farragut and Oak Ridge. Farragut had two teams so who knows how they were split up. Oak Ridge started with their second team the first 20 minutes and played their starters the last 20 minutes. It seemed to me the starters dominated Greeneville. They play during the season I think so we will see what happens. Greeneville is a very good team, but I would say OR wins with starters vs. starters.

Greeneville also had 2 teams so who knows how they were split up. One went 4-0 the other 3-1. GV had several Freshman on the field the 2nd half of the OR game. It's only pre-season so you really cant make any determinations based on yesterday's results.

Farragut varsity vs G'ville varsity. OR and G'ville do play during season so we'll see which coach was "holding back". Are some of OR's captains not starters ?

That's an interesting assesment - you rest your starters for the first half of a game played in 95 degree heat and then bring them in fresh to play against players who have already played a half; you are pretty much "given" 1 of your goals; lose by one and then declare you dominated play. Talk about spin.

MustangSalie, think you better slow your mustang down when talking talent. Collierville is as talented this year as in previous years and are solid front to back. And know this, Collierville will play to win every match, district or region, because when you get to state, you still have to win 3 games to win it all.