Bledsoe County Football?

Do you Bledsoe guys do anything besides argue about coaches and admin??

Let's talk some football. The first team Bledsoe plays is SP in the 2nd qtr at the Jamboree. We are basically a more experienced version of last years team. What about Bledsoe? Even though we came out on top last year I saw some pretty talented kids on Bledsoe's team. What has Bledsoe changed from last year? Where have they improved? I can't wait until Friday night!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you Bledsoe guys do anything besides argue about coaches and admin??

Let's talk some football. The first team Bledsoe plays is SP in the 2nd qtr at the Jamboree. We are basically a more experienced version of last years team. What about Bledsoe? Even though we came out on top last year I saw some pretty talented kids on Bledsoe's team. What has Bledsoe changed from last year? Where have they improved? I can't wait until Friday night!

If I guess probably no..... They want to talk about the teams that were successful before I was even born... Then if they try to talk about this years team its about how bad Coach Roberson is and how unqualified his staff is..

Hopefully with a new superintendent there could be some major changes in Bledsoe County. As for the office of school board I would love to run for it if I thought the government officials in our county would stand up. I am hoping that our politicians will realize that without the youth being taken care of in the best possible way it doesn 't matter what else is done. I really hope that the people of Bledsoe County will listen to some of those politicians who are young and excited and want to watch Bledsoe County succeed. And to the politicians who are in positions of power....use it or be doomed to lose it. I will personally guarantee my backing to not 1 coach or administrator but to all coaches and administrators who (not by my standards) work hard and put a good product on the field and in the classroom. Let me see an administration that is worried about more than just having insurance and a paycheck. Give me an administrative support group that will look for ways to bring Bledsoe County to the forefront in all things. Give me a group of people who want a change. Woo I am getting fired up. Let's get ready to play some football tonight. I am hoping that my grandkids get in early enough to go with me and we will all be there. 3 generations of football players.

Hopefully with a new superintendent there could be some major changes in Bledsoe County. As for the office of school board I would love to run for it if I thought the government officials in our county would stand up. I am hoping that our politicians will realize that without the youth being taken care of in the best possible way it doesn 't matter what else is done. I really hope that the people of Bledsoe County will listen to some of those politicians who are young and excited and want to watch Bledsoe County succeed. And to the politicians who are in positions of power....use it or be doomed to lose it. I will personally guarantee my backing to not 1 coach or administrator but to all coaches and administrators who (not by my standards) work hard and put a good product on the field and in the classroom. Let me see an administration that is worried about more than just having insurance and a paycheck. Give me an administrative support group that will look for ways to bring Bledsoe County to the forefront in all things. Give me a group of people who want a change. Woo I am getting fired up. Let's get ready to play some football tonight. I am hoping that my grandkids get in early enough to go with me and we will all be there. 3 generations of football players.

looks like we have a canadate!

So WHO are you so we know who to promote????

How did the boys look Friday. It was a little too hot for me to be out and about. I would like to have been there, but unfortunately at my age I can't sit out when the temp gets that high. I heard from a few folks that they looked small and were going to have some trouble up front. Did Watson run the ball much from Fullback or did Brown get most of the carries? Did they get into the spread like Coach Roberson said he was going to run or did they stick to the I.

OK, this will be my last post on here till we get at least 2 real games under our belt. I am going to address a couple of issues with my opinions

1) BCHS Principal: Needs to go, not just saying that for the sports issue, but also for education. We are close to the bottom in both, look at the situation with the teacher that was not rehired, basically said the principal did not do his job, but still the Superintendent and school board sided with the principal. Everyone knows the sports programs status.

2) Bledsoe County School Superintendent: No different than what we had before him, nothing changed but the name on the door. (see 1)

3) BCHS Athletic Director: Riding out the end of his retirement. (see 1 & 2)

4) BCHS Head Football Coach: Just an Alumni who wore the blue & gold proudly, this job is probably his dream job, and can't blame him for taking it, when it was offered. I still will not judge him, until they have played games. As far as everyone getting behind him now, it's not going to happen. The program has dropped down too much over the last 5 years for everyone to be happy go lucky all of a sudden, but the good news is he has the ability to change everything, by doing one little phrase, that Al Davis made famous "Just Win Baby!"

5) Laying the Blame: Either you blame the coach or you blame the players. Personally I beleive if the team is not competing with the teams in the valley, it is on the coach. Not that much difference in the players in the valley.

6) Bledsoe County School Board: This is the area, in my opinion, the general public can make a difference. Go to the meetings, talk to the members, if you don't like what they stand for, run against them, or find someone to run against them. Principal is hired, coaches are hired, Athletic Directors are hired, Superintendent is appointed, School board members are ELECTED. School board members appoint the superintendent, I think somewhere down the road the power shifted from the board to the superintendent, this is the board members fault. If they are letting him go, which I doubt, it may be a very good start to shifting the power back to the board. No doubt in my mind that this board is where we as parents, grandparents, and Bledsonians must strive to start making a change in Bledsoe County Schools.

There is my 2 cents now all ya'll Bledsoe County Historians, athlete's of the years, youngsters, and armchair QB's tell me how full of crap I am.

warriorhead; you are right on the money. How did the scrimmage go? My son said that he thought they looked like they had no leadership from the players. I heard a name for superintendent that would really stir the pot. I won't tell the name because I don't want to put the cart before the horse. However, it is someone who paid their dues to Bledsoe County and would not let petty politics sway him on what he thought was right. I believe that Mr Robertson's heart is in the right place and I hope that he has some success. It is not necessarily hard to come home but it is hard to be in the situation that he is in. However, he still has enough athletes on the field to make some things happen. Give the ball to Watson with a little room and he can score on almost anybody. Give protection to Colvard and watch him stand in there and deliver the ball. Let's go Big Blue

warriorhead; you are right on the money. How did the scrimmage go? My son said that he thought they looked like they had no leadership from the players. I heard a name for superintendent that would really stir the pot. I won't tell the name because I don't want to put the cart before the horse. However, it is someone who paid their dues to Bledsoe County and would not let petty politics sway him on what he thought was right. I believe that Mr Robertson's heart is in the right place and I hope that he has some success. It is not necessarily hard to come home but it is hard to be in the situation that he is in. However, he still has enough athletes on the field to make some things happen. Give the ball to Watson with a little room and he can score on almost anybody. Give protection to Colvard and watch him stand in there and deliver the ball. Let's go Big Blue

So,who are we to start campaining for??

OK, this will be my last post on here till we get at least 2 real games under our belt. I am going to address a couple of issues with my opinions

1) BCHS Principal: Needs to go, not just saying that for the sports issue, but also for education. We are close to the bottom in both, look at the situation with the teacher that was not rehired, basically said the principal did not do his job, but still the Superintendent and school board sided with the principal. Everyone knows the sports programs status.

2) Bledsoe County School Superintendent: No different than what we had before him, nothing changed but the name on the door. (see 1)

3) BCHS Athletic Director: Riding out the end of his retirement. (see 1 & 2)

4) BCHS Head Football Coach: Just an Alumni who wore the blue & gold proudly, this job is probably his dream job, and can't blame him for taking it, when it was offered. I still will not judge him, until they have played games. As far as everyone getting behind him now, it's not going to happen. The program has dropped down too much over the last 5 years for everyone to be happy go lucky all of a sudden, but the good news is he has the ability to change everything, by doing one little phrase, that Al Davis made famous "Just Win Baby!"

5) Laying the Blame: Either you blame the coach or you blame the players. Personally I beleive if the team is not competing with the teams in the valley, it is on the coach. Not that much difference in the players in the valley.

6) Bledsoe County School Board: This is the area, in my opinion, the general public can make a difference. Go to the meetings, talk to the members, if you don't like what they stand for, run against them, or find someone to run against them. Principal is hired, coaches are hired, Athletic Directors are hired, Superintendent is appointed, School board members are ELECTED. School board members appoint the superintendent, I think somewhere down the road the power shifted from the board to the superintendent, this is the board members fault. If they are letting him go, which I doubt, it may be a very good start to shifting the power back to the board. No doubt in my mind that this board is where we as parents, grandparents, and Bledsonians must strive to start making a change in Bledsoe County Schools.

There is my 2 cents now all ya'll Bledsoe County Historians, athlete's of the years, youngsters, and armchair QB's tell me how full of crap I am.

Nothing wrong with just stating the facts. GREAT POST!