Region 4-5A Predictions

VOL DAWG

Glad to hear that Sonny will be playing! That makes picking Smyrna so much easier when the 'Pick Contest' starts and for other things. LOL Besides he is fun to watch play.

My Dad got to meet Sonny the other day and was VERY impressed with the young man. This is from someone who is a SOLID R'dale supporter. Like I told my dad the boy is just a very good ball player who does not let all the hype go to his head.

Now how does his line look this year to protect him?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jun 10 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826473563[/snapback]Cat, I know that Sonny is a smart kid. He has never been one to get wrapped up in the press about his success. The kid is Humble to the core. I also know that those who are close to him will help to keep him grounded as well and offer the best advice possible. I wish him the best and I know that he will do the right thing for himself and others.

I said this before and I will say it again......every team in this region WISHES they had a Sonny Gray on their team. Not just b/c of his talent, but b/c of his humility and leadership. I am glad to hear he is talking to David and his folks...... !

Resign yourself folks.......we will have to deal with Mr. Gray and his magic another season....... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Wingman...........Messick is pressing Quincy hard for the starter spot as QB, but as of now....it is Q at QB/

Thanks...i thought it would be Messick.

1. Riverdale- Even with Smyrna winning the state last year, Riverdale is still Riverdale and still won the region last year and their OL/DL is the best in the region, so I have to go with them even if their skill position guys are not quite what Smyrna has.

2. Smyrna- Only reason why they are No.2 is cause of what I just said about Riverdale. Gray and company will be solid again, though I do wonder how the running game is going to be.

3. Lavergne- I rank them here because of who they have coming back at key positions, though it is iffy cause they don't have much proven at QB so they could finish below this.

4. Oakland- I think some of those hardluck losses from last year will swing their way.

5. Lebanon- They could be ranked higher cause they've got the talent but at the moment I like Lavergne and Oakland's possibilities a bit more.

6. Siegel- I think they'll certainly be better but still think they come up short when compared to the others.

7. Blackman- I think they'll be better but still a way aways.

8. Wilson Central- Don't see this season being that much better for them.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Jun 10 2007 - 05:23 PM) 826473591[/snapback]Now how does his line look this year to protect him?

I've heard that even though the O-line is smaller than last year, they are more talented. I'll take talent over size any day.

Ask Coach Shad what he thinks and I'm pretty sure he'll say the same thing.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jun 10 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826473563[/snapback]Cat, I know that Sonny is a smart kid. He has never been one to get wrapped up in the press about his success. The kid is Humble to the core. I also know that those who are close to him will help to keep him grounded as well and offer the best advice possible. I wish him the best and I know that he will do the right thing for himself and others.

I said this before and I will say it again......every team in this region WISHES they had a Sonny Gray on their team. Not just b/c of his talent, but b/c of his humility and leadership. I am glad to hear he is talking to David and his folks...... !

Resign yourself folks.......we will have to deal with Mr. Gray and his magic another season....... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Wingman...........Messick is pressing Quincy hard for the starter spot as QB, but as of now....it is Q at QB/

I know I should not, but I have to ask! What is the Bald T?

sos

QUOTE(sonofshadow @ Jun 14 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826475092[/snapback]I know I should not, but I have to ask! What is the Bald T?

sos

I maybe wrong on this one, but I believe its the phrase that the players coined for the wing-t at Oakland. Their Offensive Coordinator, Brad Cowan, happens to be bald, so i imagine that has something to do with it

For right now, I'm calling it in this order...I may change after we see a scrimmage or two in August.

Riverdale 9-1

Smyrna 8-2

Lavergne 7-3

Blackman 6-4

Lebanon 5-5

Oakland 5-5

Siegel 2-8

Wilson Central 1-9

Interesting............however I have to question one of your playoff picks because of their opening 5 games!

BLACKMAN (6-4) ....this is their opening 5 games

1.) Lavergne - You have picked 3rd ahead of them

2.) Lincoln Co. - tough game

3.) Riverdale - tough game

4.) Brentwood - tough game

5.) Smyrna - tough game

they have to win one of the first five to make 6-4...............who is it??

In this region this season, the opening 5 games WILL PROBABLY tell the tale. Blackman has certainly presented themselves will a challenging start...don't you think? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

just looking at it with a different slant.