Region 4-5A Predictions

VOL DAWG

Interesting............however I have to question one of your playoff picks because of their opening 5 games!

BLACKMAN (6-4) ....this is their opening 5 games

1.) Lavergne - You have picked 3rd ahead of them

2.) Lincoln Co. - tough game

3.) Riverdale - tough game

4.) Brentwood - tough game

5.) Smyrna - tough game

they have to win one of the first five to make 6-4...............who is it??

In this region this season, the opening 5 games WILL PROBABLY tell the tale. Blackman has certainly presented themselves will a challenging start...don't you think? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

just looking at it with a different slant.

tough schedule

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt be entirely to hard for blackman to win those first 2

Certainly not impossible, but lets add a little more zest to it. Those first two games are AWAY. I have heard that playing at the "PIT" ain't the easiest thing to do. If they are 2-3, they will have a great shot at the playoffs. This is a very tough region top to bottom.............my daddy used to say "Hard work is good for you", but he forgot to add that over time it will wear your body down. Hard schedules are that..................HARD! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> , and if you are not depth deep; it can sometimes break you down. Blackman better be good as some are saying, because they are going to be tested quick and early. Now if it doesn't kill you, it CAN make you better.

JMO

Here is the real questions.

The only way Riverdale can beat Smyrna (and repeat as Region champion) is to find someone who can shut down Wilks.

Who do they have that can do that?

Unless they have someone, the Wilks-Gray Show will be unstoppable.

1. Smyrna (10-0)

2. Riverdale (8-2) Beaten by Smyrna and Lebanon.

3. Lebanon (7-3)

4. Oakland (7-3)

5. LaVergne (6-4)

6. Siegel (5-5)

7. Wilson Central (3-7)

8. Blackman (1-9)

Here is the real questions.

The only way Riverdale can beat Smyrna (and repeat as Region champion) is to find someone who can shut down Wilks.

Who do they have that can do that?

Unless they have someone, the Wilks-Gray Show will be unstoppable.

1. Smyrna (10-0)

2. Riverdale (8-2) Beaten by Smyrna and Lebanon.

3. Lebanon (7-3)

4. Oakland (7-3)

5. LaVergne (6-4)

6. Siegel (5-5)

7. Wilson Central (3-7)

8. Blackman (1-9)

Someone to shut down Wilks? We shut him down at your place and even when we lost, how much of a factor was he that game either?

Certainly not impossible, but lets add a little more zest to it. Those first two games are AWAY. I have heard that playing at the "PIT" ain't the easiest thing to do. If they are 2-3, they will have a great shot at the playoffs. This is a very tough region top to bottom.............my daddy used to say "Hard work is good for you", but he forgot to add that over time it will wear your body down. Hard schedules are that..................HARD! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> , and if you are not depth deep; it can sometimes break you down. Blackman better be good as some are saying, because they are going to be tested quick and early. Now if it doesn't kill you, it CAN make you better.

JMO

Blackman was severely plagued by injuries last year. Unless they are deep and can keep everyone healthier than last year, don't expect them to be at the top of the heap. Young kids having to take on srs in the trenches can take a toll on the old body quickly.

I think what hurt Wilks the most for the first RHS game was that stupid quote he made in the DNJ calling himself the PLAYMAKER. That was all RHS needed to hear. 49-0 means he wasn't a factor in the first game.

Just looked at the stats from that first game and he had a total of 20 yds receiving.

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Smyrna 8 27-99 3-8-1 92 0-0 3-32.7 4-40

Riverdale 16 60-268 1-2-0 36 3-2 3-38.3 7-60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the final stats from the 2nd game they played. Only 92 total receiving yds for SHS. I didn't even see Wilks as catching a pass in that game. All the stats say is Josh Crouch.

Receiving

Josh Crouch 3-92, 1 TD

SO.......I really wouldn't be carrying on about Wilks's games against RHS last yr according to the stats from both games. He was not a factor.

Who covered him last year?

Both corners from last year return...a year older and with a year of experience.

Smyrna scored a total of 10 points in 8 quarters of football against Riverdale last year so "unstoppable" is a pretty strong statement.

I expect Smyrna's offense to be better this year and Wilks will be a factor. We'll need to control the football and slow down the circus but that is a long, long way down the road. Riverdale could be 0-8 at that time or Gray/Wilkes could both be gone for the year with injuries...way too early to worry about October. Right now we better be worried about the bald-T because we were pretty porous on defense in the spring. I'm sure the Oakland team is licking their chops just waiting for the Riverdale game.

Less than 10 weeks now....