Region 4-5A Predictions

VOL DAWG

I would assume Trent Messick, but I am not privy to such "classified" info as that. As good as he was last year, he may have gotten a "promotion."

Does this mean the hotdogs are not going to be the same this year? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I was looking forward to opening this year with a couple of those dogs. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"when Cleveland won it about 3 times in 2A; they could have also won 3A, but you probably will not agree on that. Funny thing, Smyrna had one of those Cleveland teams on the ropes at Smryna and let it get away. There wing-t was wicked BECAUSE they had great players (that will help whatever you run)"

Cleveland won three straight years in 93 94 95 (i watched all three games and still have the bumper stickers on my tool box) and won it as a 4A team. they beat brentwood academy & haywood county (twice).

Yeah, I knew Cleveland was 4A when they were so dominant. I didn't realize anyone had called them 2A on here though?

Just proves that folk can win championships with wingt. Hopefully Oakland, Riverdale, or Wilson Central will prove it can be done in 5A in the 2000's. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah, I knew Cleveland was 4A when they were so dominant. I didn't realize anyone had called them 2A on here though?

Just proves that folk can win championships with wingt. Hopefully Oakland, Riverdale, or Wilson Central will prove it can be done in 5A in the 2000's. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats was my bad; I knew they were always in the class right under the largest class. When there were only 3 classes; they were a 2 A powerhouse and when the 5 classes was established in the early 90's; they were a 4A powerhouse and they were old-school Delaware style Wing-T that their coach basically imported from GA. They were very dominant and could have played with anyone.

Also, 2P.............you stated that DC won state in 88 running Wing-T. Sorry as much as I wish that was correct; DC did not run the Wing. Now, they were a "grind you up" power football team, but it was not the Wing. Pearson, to my knowledge never ran the Wing.

sos

Thats was my bad; I knew they were always in the class right under the largest class. When there were only 3 classes; they were a 2 A powerhouse and when the 5 classes was established in the early 90's; they were a 4A powerhouse and they were old-school Delaware style Wing-T that their coach basically imported from GA. They were very dominant and could have played with anyone.

Also, 2P.............you stated that DC won state in 88 running Wing-T. Sorry as much as I wish that was correct; DC did not run the Wing. Now, they were a "grind you up" power football team, but it was not the Wing. Pearson, to my knowledge never ran the Wing.

sos

That was when I first started following Oakland so I sure could be mistaken about DC running the wingt in it . That was a long time ago and I have watched many a game since then. I do know that Oakland was a master at the sweep and DC ran , ran , ran, and then ran some more in that game. I am not sure that either team even attempted a single pass in that championship game in 88. It was the days of the HUGLES at Oakland. Man oh man were their centers of gravity LOW. Teams could NOT tackle those guys and I am sure glad they didn't play for anyone else. I remember going to the games and the fans from the opposing teams would ask......" Are yall ever going to run out of those HUGLE brothers?" HAAAAAAAAA!!! So many GREATS on those Oakland teams of the 80's.

That was when I first started following Oakland so I sure could be mistaken about DC running the wingt in it . That was a long time ago and I have watched many a game since then. I do know that Oakland was a master at the sweep and DC ran , ran , ran, and then ran some more in that game. I am not sure that either team even attempted a single pass in that championship game in 88. It was the days of the HUGLES at Oakland. Man oh man were their centers of gravity LOW. Teams could NOT tackle those guys and I am sure glad they didn't play for anyone else. I remember going to the games and the fans from the opposing teams would ask......" Are yall ever going to run out of those HUGLE brothers?" HAAAAAAAAA!!! So many GREATS on those Oakland teams of the 80's.

football the way it should be