blackman blaze 2007

january25

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the schools in Rutherford county has its problems just like everywhere else. Not one high school has an adequate dressing room for the visiting team. Lavergne is the only school still using port-a-potties for there football stadium. Some of the schools just do a better job working with what they have but i do think that some of the principals have a long range goal and are working hard to get there. Blackman has great facilities as in stadium and practice fields they just have to take care of it and that is the responsibility of the coaches and they need to be backed by the administration. Just one more thing just how much money was it that the board gave Riverdale and Oakland last year or two years ago to upgrade there stadiums for baseball and overall athletics so that that spring fling could be held in Rutherford county I think it was around $130,000.

THE ONLY MONEY WE RECIEVED was not from the county it was from the consevation board or somthing like that and it payed for tarp however that was rumor i dont know if we ever got that money all the upgrades done to RIVERDALE was done by the booster club and their supporters

• 1 month later...

Blackman beat Pope John Paul II today 2-0, in their first fall scrimmage. it was a 10 play series format scrimmage. I think each team got like 4 series. Blackman moved the ball pretty well, they were methodical getting 4-5 each play and broke a couple long plays for their TDs. there D forced a couple turnovers in the shut out.

Blackman Scrimmages Franklin Co. at FCHS on Tuesday at around 4, and then Friday at 6:00pm Cookeville, Blackman, Bearden, and Oak Ridge in a four way scrimmage in Cookeville. I think it is at Tech.

It is at Tech. Tech got a brand new field turf surface over the summer which is great.The kids should enjoy that.

I was probably gonna slide by there anyway but after seeing the video I definitely wanna go & see what that kid can do!

THE SQUAD

Young man is gonna be interesting to watch the next couple of years.

My first impressions from watching the video is he has the iniatial burst speed of Gaston Miller and hopefully he has the strength that Gaston has to go with it. Has a tendancy to go outside to the left alot, but he does know how to run up the middle. Very rarely goes to his right for some reason.

Now he just has to concentrate on his grades and he might follow Gaston to somewhere like Vandy or some other D1 school.

Can you imagine how great he could be behind an O-line like R'dales. JUST KIDDING! That sort of thing is in the past Thank Goodness!

Blackman my only advice is to block WELL for this young man and keep him healthy as he CAN deliver for you!

Does that Running Back play basketball too,because at University of Tennessee Chattanooga camp they had a point guard that looked similar to the kid in the picture,and that kid was the quickest guard at the WHOLE camp. By FAR. That basketball team was loaded with Athletes,the one post player seems like he would be a stud receiver,and the other guard that was similar size to the point guard would be another heck of a running back. They also had a massive guy come off the bench who would probably be a stud defensive tackle or offensive guard. Do any of these guys play football,I don't see how you couldn't have a great year if you could get athletes like that playing. And if these kids aren't playing,then the AD needs some help getting these kids to play and take advantage of all of their athletic ability.