Class 2A: Region 6 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Jun 12 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826474182[/snapback]Well Harpeth will have some tough competition for 4th place with Richland, there d-line will be all new. They lose there starting defensive line, I believe that if there offensive line steps up then you will see a very productive running game and a good passing game. I hope they get to 5-5, but I am not crossing my fingers for this year.

I have it as follows:

1.) Hickman Co. (an average 4A team dropping to 2A that has some key pieces back from last year)

2.) Lewis Co. (they will be the prohibited favorites to win the region entering the season)

3.) Fairview (they could easily win the region title under their new head coach)

4.) Harpeth (they are still one year away from getting back to winning the region)

5.) Richland (they should have gotten it done the last two years in my eyes)

6.) East Hickman (you better get them this year because Jones is going to do some great things over there)

7.) Loretto (this is a football team that has a lot of questions and rebuilding to do entering the fall)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PapaKJoe @ Jun 12 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826474137[/snapback]1. Hickman Co.

2. Lewis Co.

3. Fairview

4. Richland

5. Harpeth

6. Loretto

7. East

Hickman Co. looked very fast and strong against Westview this spring. I believe the player grinch is talking about carrying the ball is Scott Sowell and yes he is exceptional but not all we have. Its the fastest backfield i've seen here in 20 yrs. at least and it appears to go two deep with the second team having DJ key at qb. I expect LC to be the popular pick for number one and its well deserved. BUT..... if we can come out strong against Marshall Co. and Fairview the first two games of the year, it could be a memorable season.

By the way... Hickman Co. has been a wing t team for 3 years now.

Actually, you were running the Double wing last year, it is a form of the wing T. Also, you are right I am thinking of Scott Sowell, I think King will be the quaterback, and grimes will see some time on the field too. I didn't see much of villareal this srping

Gotta watch out for my boys from KS. We might not win it all, but i have to think we got wat it takes to get a top 3 finish. we play makers thta i think will step up this year and suprise some folks. as for suprise teams, i'm not picking east like everyone else, brand new school with left overs from centerville will go 0-10. Im going with richland to pull some big upsets. Go tribe!!!!!!

And now more teams in the primer.....

Loretto- (0-10) Last year the Mustangs had a winless season and were seen to be at an all time low for their program. From what I hear there is now new coaches and some more talent coming up in a promising freshman class. Although the Mustangs had a very disapointing year, there was alot of potential on the field, There were also alot of young players which means the Mustangs will have a little bit more experience coming into this season. There seems to be alot of talk that the team will be another disapointment. I have news for those un-supportive fans, there will be more wins than last year from this team, things can only go up from here and with some changes you will take a big step towards turning the program around for the better, maybe we will see a form of the old Loretto this year. There was alot of competitive games between Loretto and Lewis County a few years back, they have tradition. Now, they need talent and alot of coaching.

Predicted Finish(2-8) 1-5 region

Richland- (4-6)The Raiders have lost alot of talented players last season and are now looking to start a new era in the region. Pickett is no longer the quarterback and the strong line backer has now left. I do remember them having a talented set of recievers and a very good secondary. They might have lost talent but there is not a drought of playmakers in Lynnville. I do believe the only weak spots will be the line and the leadership role at Quarterback. The Linebacker group will now be the strong point of the team and will lead their team to a pretty productive season. Defense overall will keep them in almost every ballgame they play. But without a big leader I don't see them beating Harpeth for the At Large bid for the playoffs. But if they will pull off an upset sometime this year to someone, they might be there.

Predicted Finish-(4-6) 3-3 region

Gotta watch out for my boys from KS. We might not win it all, but i have to think we got wat it takes to get a top 3 finish. we play makers thta i think will step up this year and suprise some folks. as for suprise teams, i'm not picking east like everyone else, brand new school with left overs from centerville will go 0-10. Im going with richland to pull some big upsets. Go tribe!!!!!!

What number are you??

My guess would be that he's #13.

This was what I was thinking, but last year there wasnt a number 13. There might be this year which would mean he is a freshman. The only one that comes to mind is a fullback. DS would be his initials. Correct me if I am wrong. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This was what I was thinking, but last year there wasnt a number 13. There might be this year which would mean he is a freshman. The only one that comes to mind is a fullback. DS would be his initials. Correct me if I am wrong. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You will know who i am on friday nights. so will region 6-2a. i would think you woild have mor confidence in your team HHSnumber1fan. we are getting better and i guess you wont belive it until you see it, but you will. GO Tribe!!!!!

You're wrong! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

DS is a humble freshman for the time being and not #13. I don't think we'll see him on coacht for awhile, but he is hoping for a few snaps with the varsity. Defense or special teams would be my guess though.

There is a lot of talent and improved numbers coming up the ranks in the freshman and sophomore classes at Harpeth. Being out of the ABC region will help tremendously. So will being 4 or 5 years removed from the walk out. I agree that 5-5 is optimistic, but Harpeth will be much more competitive in this region, so the 3-3 in region and battling for 4th place wouldn't surprise me.

Here's Harpeth's 2007 football schedule:

8/31 Waverly

9/7 @ Loretto

9/14 East Robertson

9/21 @ Hickman Co.

9/28 @ FRA

10/5 @ Lewis Co.

10/12 East Hickman

10/19 Richland

10/26 Fairview

11/2 @ Sycamore

I like putting the non district rivalry game with Sycamore at the end of the schedule where it's out of mind until the region is decided and the non region games with Wavo, East Robertson and FRA are 3 games against 2A competition that Harpeth should compete with. The only negative is dropping 3A in county rival Cheatham. The new 2A format only guarantees 3 playoff spots per region and 5 of the 4th place teams will be voted in based on overall record (most likely). If Harpeth can play into the 4th quarter with the 2A portion of their schedule and keep their sophomore qb healthy, I like their chances of competing for a playoff spot.

That's no knock on last years team or the one before that. They were dealt a bad hand from the beginning in that old region.

You will know who i am on friday nights. so will region 6-2a. i would think you woild have mor confidence in your team HHSnumber1fan. we are getting better and i guess you wont belive it until you see it, but you will. GO Tribe!!!!!

Yea if you read my post on my prediction you will see I have Harpeth battling for 4th place. That is huge confidence for where they have been the last 3 years, but third place is over confident which could hurt for a team that I was on that only won 1 game last year. Lewis County, Fairview, and Hickman are all stronger than Harpeth and have more depth which as we saw last year can and will hurt us in the long run. Don't question my fan support or my confidence or lack there of my team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />